Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spencer made them love interests.
    ....Okay then
    Sam Cap era or Steve? I know he wrote both, but I haven't read all of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    ....Okay then
    Sam Cap era or Steve? I know he wrote both, but I haven't read all of it yet.
    Stevil in the Steve book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I just realized Zemo's played by the actor from Inglorious Bastards. Sam and Bucky superheroing with a war criminal is a surreal watch. Then again, Bucky's also a war criminal.

Sidenote, 3 episodes in, and the shows already dealing with queerbaiting accusations. It's probably a sign of good chemistry between the two leads lol.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Stevil in the Steve book.
    Is there a screencap of this? Sounds like something out of a crackfic.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Just binged watched all three episodes. Like them a lot. Seemed to be like Winter Soldier but in TV form. Very glad to see all of these Cap elements on the small screen. Still, episode 3 gave me pause.

spoilers:
    MCU Zemo turned into comic Zemo pretty quickly. My memories maybe hazy, but back in Civil War wasn't Zemo just a soldier in Sokovia? They still kept those aspects to be sure, but then boom, he's suddenly a baron? Perhaps it was the pacing of the show. Still, it's cool to see Baron Zemo be Baron Zemo. I was disappointed durin Civil War that he was just kind of a nothing and didn't have the trademark purple hood. So glad to see that here. Totally thought he was going to betray the group at the docks. But no, he's in it for the long haul. Betrayal will come in episode 8, I get it .

Did geek out with Madripoor, though I had my reservations. Thought Madripoor would have more Asian ethnicities. It certainly captures the neon aspects of an Asian cite entreport. I'll give it props for being international too. Hong Kong, Singapore, you'll find people from all around the world there. But I was expecting Chinese, Indonesians, Malay, Thai, etc.

A little thrown off with Sharon. I realized that I hadn't given her much thought since Civil War. So her quick recap of what happened to her was a little too quick.
    end of spoilers

Still excited what will happen next though.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just binged watched all three episodes. Like them a lot. Seemed to be like Winter Soldier but in TV form. Very glad to see all of these Cap elements on the small screen. Still, episode 3 gave me pause.

spoilers:
    MCU Zemo turned into comic Zemo pretty quickly. My memories maybe hazy, but back in Civil War wasn't Zemo just a soldier in Sokovia? They still kept those aspects to be sure, but then boom, he's suddenly a baron? Perhaps it was the pacing of the show. Still, it's cool to see Baron Zemo be Baron Zemo. I was disappointed durin Civil War that he was just kind of a nothing and didn't have the trademark purple hood. So glad to see that here. Totally thought he was going to betray the group at the docks. But no, he's in it for the long haul. Betrayal will come in episode 8, I get it .

Did geek out with Madripoor, though I had my reservations. Thought Madripoor would have more Asian ethnicities. It certainly captures the neon aspects of an Asian cite entreport. I'll give it props for being international too. Hong Kong, Singapore, you'll find people from all around the world there. But I was expecting Chinese, Indonesians, Malay, Thai, etc.

A little thrown off with Sharon. I realized that I hadn't given her much thought since Civil War. So her quick recap of what happened to her was a little too quick.
    end of spoilers

Still excited what will happen next though.
    spoilers:
    A lot of royals do military service. Would probably be no different for Sokovia.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:
    A lot of royals do military service. Would probably be no different for Sokovia.
    end of spoilers
    I was leaning in that direction bro, yeah. spoilers:
    Come to think of it, it reminds me of Prince William and Prince Harry. Both served in the British military
    end of spoilers. Makes sense. Thanks for bringing that up.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Spectacular Member

Isnt Sokovia supposed to be in the Balkans and would have been part of Yugoslavia, a communist dictatorship?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Is there a screencap of this? Sounds like something out of a crackfic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    Isnt Sokovia supposed to be in the Balkans and would have been part of Yugoslavia, a communist dictatorship?
    Like Latveria, Sokovia is set up as a small Eastern European nation that somehow escaped communist domination (perhaps by pulling a tricky balancing act like Finland) and maintained its traditional political and social structures as they would have been circa 1914. Of course, Latveria had the advantage in the comics of Doom’s presence. Maybe Sokovia is a neighbor that managed to go along for the ride.

I suspect that if one digs deeply enough into Helmut's family history, it will turn out that his grandfather Heinrich was a Nazi sympathizer. I wonder if that is eventually coming out. We'll see. I suspect that much of Zemo's wealth is blood money.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

spoilers:
    I think I liked Zemo here much more than in Civil War, honestly. He was just so charismatic and stole every scene he was in. And of course, he was a lot more like his comic book self, which definitely felt like an upgrade. I'm so glad they wasted NO TIME to make him a Baron and give him the purple hood. It's definitely a bit jarring compared to how he was portrayed in Civil War, but I think it worked. Sometimes the best explanation is the simplest one. I can already sense this show is really gonna make me want Zemo to get away with all of his crimes just so I can get to keep him on my screen, and I'm honestly ok with that.

Sharon wasn't as cool as Zemo, but I liked her personality here. Definitely made her stand out more than in the films. I also really liked the explanation as to why she was still a fugitive. Basically, she wasn't as ''tight'' with the superhero crowd as Bucky and Sam were, so she didn't get the privilege of being pardoned like they were. This definitely put things into perspective, specially when you consider Zemo's speech about how superheroes are put on a pedestal. Looks like the show is making a statement about the way we look at heroes, and I really like that. Her action scene going up against all those criminals was kick ass, btw.

At this point, I think it's pretty clear the Flag Smashers aren't really meant to be the villains of the show. I think Karli is being too likable and sympathetic for that. Although it was a nice move to paint her in such a positive light for most of the episode only to show us her extreme actions in the end. It was a good reminder that she is definitely not a hero, as much as the show may want us to like her. As for the real villain, I feel like that's definitely gotta be the Power Broker, right? They wouldn't be making such a big deal out of him if he wasn't going to show up.

I knew Wilfred Nagel was going to be in the show thanks to IMDB, but I was curious to see how they would adapt him. Not exactly as I thought, but they did make a connection between him and Isaiah, after all. And we learned the CIA was behind all the **** that happened to Isaiah too. Again, I'm glad they're not shying away from criticizing the government here, but that better be reflected on how the heroes interact with said government going forward. Sam can't just return and work with them like nothing happened after everything he learned. I hope there are some long term consequences here.

John Walker is still a question mark to me. Episode 2 seemed to paint him in a much more sympathetic light, but this episode really just seems like it wanted the fans to not like him. The whole angry reaction coupled with the arrogant ''do you know who I am????'' was clearly meant to be seen as way Captain America shouldn't behave. Looks like his downfall will be happening sooner than I thought, although I still don't think he's going to be a villain per se. Maybe just a dick like in the comics.

Ayo!!!!! Such a nice surprise, although I guess it shouldn't be since I remember reading about the possibility of a wakandan showing up while the show was filming. But I totally forgot about it, so it ended up being a surprise anyway, LOL. It makes a lot of sense that Wakanda would send a Dora Milaje after the guy responsible for the death of T'Chaka. It's gonna be interesting to see how they deal with that. Bucky is in a really tough spot now. I'm curious to see if they give us any update on T'Challa at all, and if anything had to be changed or cut after Boseman's death.
    end of spoilers

Never forget

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Lmfao Zemo dancing.

even if it was literally 2 seconds, it was still hilarious.

I NEED A GIF VERSION OF THAT ONE. anyone?

Walker is veering dangerously close to being a government thug, which is the one thing Cap should absolutely not be. But he knows their best bet for finishing this case is Sam and Bucky, so he and Battlestar are going to tail those two to the bitter end because he needs that win.

Turns out it's as easy for Supervillains to break out of prison in the MCU as it is in the comics.

An army of Super-Soldiers would be pretty scary, but Zemo realizes the Avengers only really had one of those, right?

Who would have thought that this series would be necessary to make MCU Zemo more like his comic version? More sophisticated, Machiavellian (natch), always a step-ahead, and he's even a Baron! I mean, you'd have thought that would have been mentioned in Civil War, but at least now we can properly call him Baron Zemo. Now all we need is for Karl Mordo to reveal he's inherited a baronetcy to make him Baron Mordo.

Madripoor! I wonder if they could've always used the region despite it's significance to the X-Men franchise, but either way it was cool to see it adapted as the wretched hive of scum and villainy it is in the comics, complete with Hightown, Lowtown, and the Princess Bar soon to be owned by Patch AKA Wolverine (if he doesn't already).

Sam in that pimp suit is probably the closest they're going to get to referencing "Snap" Wilson (for good reason). Anthony Mackie made it look good though.

Is Sharon Carter the character who has suffered the most from being adapted in the MCU? Her entire significance was basically supplanted by her aunt, who wasn't as relevant in the comics, she ends up helping Steve and co. when she barely knows them and then gets turned into a wanted fugitive who hasn't been able to contact her family for years, Team Cap apparently completely forgot about her even after everything she did for them and when they were low on manpower, Steve gets together with her aunt (why even kiss him?), and now she's apparently running a black market art operation in Madripoor. She even ends up having to face down most of the goons on her own while the trio have a pleasant conversation. I hope this isn't the end for her role in the story, but what did she do to deserve this, other than not be Hayley Atwell?

Zemo dancing. I just...Zemo dancing.

I guess the Blip ended up saving the world from an American army of Super-Soldiers.

What's the significance of Zemo's mask? He looked at it fondly and then just randomly wore it for a cool action sequence before taking it off. Is that the only time he's going to wear it?

The Flag-Smashers seem like they're out to help refugees or people suffering from having returned from the Blip...but resorting to actual terrorism to carry out their message is probably not helping their case.

It's nice to see Wakanda actually reacting to Zemo's escape considering what he did to T'Chaka, so they are addressing that, even if the only Dora they could spare was Ayo. I guess we're going to see how far Bucky's pull with Wakanda gets him.