Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1552
    Ultimate Member

I don't think they'd drop it

I don't think it's necessary. It'd just hurt his father while he's old and frail. Things Bucky did while programmed should not be something he has to pay for. Hydra were the ones that did that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Not to make things even more politically charged, but Walker reminds me of a lot of the cops you see in the news lately. Physically, they can handle the job, but psychologically, they just aren't cut out for it, which is proven when they end up killing somebody after they had already surrendered or for something minor or practically nothing at all.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Not to make things even more politically charged, but Walker reminds me of a lot of the cops you see in the news lately. Physically, they can handle the job, but psychologically, they just aren't cut out for it, which is proven when they end up killing somebody after they had already surrendered or for something minor or practically nothing at all.
    I wouldn't be surprised if those events influenced the writers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wonder if Bucky's gonna come clean about what he did to Yori's son in next week's episode. I don't think it would be right if the show just "dropped" that storyline. Walker and Wilson got to have heart-to-heart talks with people that have been hurt by the "superhero business", I think Bucky needs to have one with the father of the son he killed.
    100%

There is a reason sam said, "start with 1"

Bucky is 100% going back to Yori. He is the only person on his list we've seen that wasn't about Avenging.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if those events influenced the writers
    I have no doubt it did. The writers weren't quiet about how political this show would be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I have no doubt it did. The writers weren't quiet about how political this show would be.
    Which of course prompted a bunch of "keep muh politics out"

Astonishing Member

Personally with Walker I just think he was set up to fail. The powers that be put this guy who had ptsd issues into a position of replacing an icon. With no super strength. No connection to cap, no understanding of the real responsibility. He is sort of like one of those celebrities that you see spin out of control. You would have to be an exceptional person in all ways to replace captain America. And Walker probably checked those boxes on paper. But 99 percent of people just couldn't handle it. And he couldn't handle it.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't that the point?

Ultimate Member

Maybe the point was the American cares more about what gets done than who gets it done

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Personally with Walker I just think he was set up to fail. The powers that be put this guy who had ptsd issues into a position of replacing an icon. With no super strength. No connection to cap, no understanding of the real responsibility. He is sort of like one of those celebrities that you see spin out of control. You would have to be an exceptional person in all ways to replace captain America. And Walker probably checked those boxes on paper. But 99 percent of people just couldn't handle it. And he couldn't handle it.
    Yeah, like many people in law enforcement it seems as well.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, like many people in law enforcement it seems as well.
    The question now is whether he'll be obstinate and bull headed, or accept he was wrong.

I hope Sam can at least diffuse the situation somewhat, if only to prove Sam is the right one

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree, I think they were trying to go with camera angles that were shaky and chaotic, trying to get the feeling of a fight to shine through, but it just made things harder to follow.

Interesting idea, and it's not the worst fight scene ever or anything, I thought it was still fairly good, but definitely not one of the MCU's best.

Well sh*t, now I need this to happen and the whole show will be a disappointment if I don't get it. Same thing happened right before the end of Wandavision when I decided I needed Dick Van Dyke to cameo as Mephisto!

I'd be fine with Bucky having a tough fight with John one-on-one, and I'm fine with Sam getting his ass beat, especially in the enclosed space of a building where Sam can't fly and use his skillset to full advantage. But against the two of them at the same time, I just feel like John shouldn't have been big as big a challenge as he was. I mean, Bucky was able to hold his own against T'Challa, for god's sake!

I mean, Buck and Sam weren't trying to kill the guy either, Sam has a lot of weapons he never touched which probably could've made things go easier, but also would've left John a bleeding pile of meat on the floor (super soldiers aren't missile proof, after all) and that contributed to things too. I'm not really bitching, I thought it was a good scene and I've enjoyed this show a lot, I'm just saying that whole sequence wasn't my favorite and I feel like it could've played better. But still satisfied with how things went down..
    To be honest that was the same way I felt about Cap and Bucky vs Iron Man. And Walker was more raging than Tony was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Probably not, but those villains are still out there so I thought I'd include them as possibilities, even if they're damned unlikely ones.

Though I *could* see Agatha being included, simply because she was so popular in Wandavision. I wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Mach/Beetle showing up in Armor Wars seems like a cool way to bring that guy in, as does Songbird in BP2. I could see something like that happening.

Man, I can't wait for Armor Wars. Is it weird that I'm more excited for the shows than I am most of the movies?
    I wonder if Beetle is tied up with Sony having the Spider-Man rights. They might just use Abe as Mach-something.

No one's touching Agatha outside Wanda in Westview.

Astonishing Member

The same people outraged over Isiah's statements are the same one who went nuclear when Sam became Captain America in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    100%

There is a reason sam said, "start with 1"

Bucky is 100% going back to Yori. He is the only person on his list we've seen that wasn't about Avenging.
    curious. so does Bucky just spill it all? "I was old enough to have served in WWII, but I got captured by the Hydra terrorists who pumped me with super serum and brainwashed me to be their assassin for decades, during which time I killed your son and didn't bat an eye at the time.. So hey, how about lunch next week?"
    This will be interesting at the very least.