Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1552
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest that was the same way I felt about Cap and Bucky vs Iron Man. And Walker was more raging than Tony was.

I wonder if Beetle is tied up with Sony having the Spider-Man rights. They might just use Abe as Mach-something.

No one's touching Agatha outside Wanda in Westview.
    I heard he's with Marvel but I can't be sure. Although he has mostly fought Spider-Man

T-bolts is fairly non-magical from what I've read, although the MCU could change it. But I agree on Agatha

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The same people outraged over Isiah's statements are the same one who went nuclear when Sam became Captain America in the comics.
    Some things never change. Yet they dare call everyone else sensitive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's the fact that things with never change that people will consider it sensitive. It's a futile endeavor.

Astonishing Member

I heard he's with Marvel but I can't be sure. Although he has mostly fought Spider-Man

T-bolts is fairly non-magical from what I've read, although the MCU could change it. But I agree on Agatha

I think Beetles first appearance was in strange tales and he fought against the human torch. I have no idea how these rights transfer between companies. But he was not originally a spider-man villain. So that might mean something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's the fact that things with never change that people will consider it sensitive. It's a futile endeavor.
    Well, they'll have get used to it considering that's where the show's heading

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think Beetles first appearance was in strange tales and he fought against the human torch. I have no idea how these rights transfer between companies. But he was not originally a spider-man villain. So that might mean something.
    He seems like a general purpose villain. Ironically I think he's made more appearances in comics than any actual Iron Man villain, although that may be because he's a Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I'd be fine with Bucky having a tough fight with John one-on-one, and I'm fine with Sam getting his ass beat, especially in the enclosed space of a building where Sam can't fly and use his skillset to full advantage. But against the two of them at the same time, I just feel like John shouldn't have been big as big a challenge as he was. I mean, Bucky was able to hold his own against T'Challa, for god's sake!
    I feel like in the beginning, Bucky just kept trying to take the shield. It seemed like over and over again, he just kept grabbing the shield. Well first he took the gun adn took some shots doing that, then just tried to take the shield. Wich didn't end well with him getting thrown across the warehouse and knocked out... leaving Sam stuck fighitng a blood lusted super soldier lol

Bucky's record against super soldiers isn't the best though lol. Steve beat him both times in Cap2, and T'challa continually beat that ass in CW lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I feel like there was a missed opportunity for the MCU.

We should've seen Steve meet Isaiah. Then Isaiah could say "Get out of my house, Steve"

We should've seen Steve meet Isaiah. Then Isaiah could say "Get out of my house, Steve"
    curious. We could have seen Steve say, "Hey, wait a minute, Gabe Jones and Jim Morita were part of my team and we didn't see color..."

Isaiah: "(insert the monologue he gives to Sam, plus comments about the segregated bases and internment camps stateside) and the Fort Benning lynching https://www.newser.com/story/230688/...-unsolved.html or the court-martial of Jackie Robinson

The MCU Howling Commandoes were, in their own odd way, a kind of "Rat Pack" that was allowed to exist despite the grimmer realities of the broader society..
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-17-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. We could have seen Steve say, "Hey, wait a minute, Gabe Jones and Jim Morita were part of my team and we didn't see color..."

Isaiah: "(insert the monologue he gives to Sam, plus comments about the segregated bases and internment camps stateside) and the Fort Benning lynching https://www.newser.com/story/230688/...-unsolved.html
    Ah yes, "I don't see color." I wonder how he would've reacted to being confronted about all the racist aspects of the American military

Honestly, aren't Gabe Jones and co. contemporaries of Fury? Why weren't they used in any of the movies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think it's necessary. It'd just hurt his father while he's old and frail. Things Bucky did while programmed should not be something he has to pay for. Hydra were the ones that did that.
    I think it's less about Bucky having to pay for anything, and more about giving Yori closure. Sure, it would hurt for him to know what really happened, but he was also hurting in the first episode by not knowing what happened. Is a temporary pain of finding out the truth about your loved one's death worse than being in pain for the rest of your life expecting answers you'll never get? It's complicated, but it seems more humane to tell him the truth. Maybe Bucky doesn't have to tell all of the details; maybe he doesn't have to tell him that he was the Winter Soldier himself. But I think at least telling him that his son was collateral damage from a HYDRA mission with a brainwashed soldier could bring the man some peace.

That's one of the reasons why I don't want Steve to be the dead yet. Ending his story without him ever finding out about Isaiah feels wrong to me. But I still don't understand what the hell happened to Steve. Avengers: Endgame didn't give him a clear fate. Spider-Man: Far From Home included him in a funny montage about fallen heroes, but it seemed silly to announce his death in a jokingly manner like that, so many fans assumed that the Avengers just didn't tell people the truth about what happened to him. Then the first episode of TFATWS gave us that conversation between Torres and Sam, in which Torres says people speculate about Steve's true whereabouts online, implying some people don't think he's dead at that point. And now in this last episode, Sam says very emphatically that ''Steve is gone'', but it's not clear if he means that because he's dead, or because he went back into the other timeline, or if he just retired to somewhere far away from everyone. That seems like a big deal for Marvel to leave it so ambiguous like that. I hope the final episode gives us a clear answer.

Ah yes, "I don't see color." I wonder how he would've reacted to being confronted about all the racist aspects of the American military

Honestly, aren't Gabe Jones and co. contemporaries of Fury? Why weren't they used in any of the movies.
    they were seen in the first Captain America movie. yes, they were traditionally contemporaries of (the original) Nick Fury and appeared in all kinds of "modern era" comics (the explanation at the time was that OG Fury was sharing doses of the "infinity formula" (a kind of super serum) with the rest of the surviving team members.

but I suppose the studio producers/writers just figured they might as well try to have some of the Howling Commandos without Fury in that first Cap film. Cap ended up being the de facto leader.

Ultimate Member

I don't think they'll really address Steve's death. But it seems odd to introduce Isaiah, Eli, John and Lemar when Steve is gone. Not bad, just odd. But I guess not everything can be the ideal

I don't think they'll really address Steve's death. But it seems odd to introduce Isaiah, Eli, John and Lemar when Steve is gone. Not bad, just odd. But I guess not everything can be the ideal
    What's odd about it? The current situation is the most likely outcome of him not being around.

Ultimate Member

they were seen in the first Captain America movie. yes, they were traditionally contemporaries of (the original) Nick Fury and appeared in all kinds of "modern era" comics (the explanation at the time was that OG Fury was sharing doses of the "infinity formula" (a kind of super serum) with the rest of the surviving team members.

but I suppose the studio producers/writers just figured they might as well try to have some of the Howling Commandos without Fury in that first Cap film. Cap ended up being the de facto leader.
    Haha, I misspoke. I meant "Why did they appear in the modern set movies?" They're not the most important characters but they've been in a lot of comics and could've popped up in Ant-Man or Black Panther, for instance. But I see what you're saying

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What's odd about it? The current situation is the most likely outcome of him not being around.
    Maybe odd is the wrong word. More like, he didn't get to interact with them. But it's not wrong.

Astonishing Member

Isaiah: "(insert the monologue he gives to Sam, plus comments about the segregated bases and internment camps stateside) and the Fort Benning lynching https://www.newser.com/story/230688/...-unsolved.html or the court-martial of Jackie Robinson

The MCU Howling Commandoes were, in their own odd way, a kind of "Rat Pack" that was allowed to exist despite the grimmer realities of the broader society..
    Nah, one counterexample doesn't automatically negate others.

After all, does Steve's Company not being racist mean that Isaiah wasn't experimented on because of his color?