Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1548
  1. #1021
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Enjoyed this week episode.

  2. #1022
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    about the cameo, wasn't the Showrunner* saying he'd love to see the character with Thor??

    spoilers:
    why would be madame hydra with thor
    end of spoilers
    show runners need to learn not to overhype stuff like this.

    I saw the cameo and felt nothing and i read comics lol.

    I mean... cool easter egg, not really earth shattering.

    just stfu and let the nerds hype it up after the fact
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #1023
    Inquisitive Dzetoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    about the cameo, wasn't the Showrunner* saying he'd love to see the character with Thor??

    spoilers:
    why would be madame hydra with thor
    end of spoilers
    I donít think he meant it that way. He said that the cameo was of a very grounded (worldly, non-cosmic) character played by a well-known actor, both true statements. He then kind of idly said it would be interesting to say a character like that in a movie with a cosmic character like Thor.

  4. #1024
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,620

    Default

    Man, I do kind of feel bad for Walker. He's gone out of control and is pretty unhinged, but all that pressure, expectation, and stress he was under just broke him after he took the Super Soldier serum and lost his best friend. He wanted to serve, but he was just forced to serve in the most difficult way possible, and it's made him go crazy as an evil Cap. "I am Captain America."

    So we finally get the Sam and Bucky vs. Walker fight, and it's basically the pair fighting a more unhinged version of Steve. They were barely able to get the shield away from him. Poor Falcon's wings.

    Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the Contessa was so random. Like, I'm happy to see them both, but she was so unexpected that it took a minute to register for me. What an unconventional casting choice to boot. Also, shouldn't she have a streak of white hair instead of purple? I wonder what her deal is and what she wants Walker for. Fury's program? Her own thing? Is she involved with the Power Broker? Will she get to meet Fury?

    I'm glad Bucky was able to do right by the Wakandans and give them Zemo, and move on from any resentment or anger he had toward Zemo after what he did to him. Judging by his conversation with Sam, I'm guessing the next step is talking to Nakamura about his son.

    Well, Zemo's off to the Raft, because I guess he's proved he's Supervillain-level at this point. So now the Raft has an occupancy of...one? I don't know if they confirmed they moved Abomination there or not. I wonder if they pull the Thunderbolts roster from there. Well, for now, let's just watch Daniel Bruhl smoothly walk out of the series as smoothly as he walked in.

    The tragedy of Isaiah Bradley continues. The man went through so much, even did the same thing Steve did of going rogue to free his fellow soldiers, but all he got for it was his country testing him, hurting him, stealing him from his loved ones, and basically acting like he never existed. How could you expect a man like that to still believe in America?

    Can a black man truly believe in America? In a symbol like Captain America? In a country that so often degrades and de-humanizes them or actively seems to want to harm or penalize them at every turn? But that's not the America that Captain America should represent, and for the new generation like Sam's nephews, there is meaning in seeing someone wear that shield that looks like them.

    Of course Bucky couldn't help but flirt with Sam's sister.

    Nothing says male bonding like fixing a ship together.

    "What Steve thought doesn't matter." True, but all the same it's also coming from probably the person in the show closest to Steve in terms of worldview and conviction.

    Bucky may have apologized for expecting Sam to jump at the Captain America mantle, but he still had Wakanda soup him up with his own Captain America suit with likely Vibranium Wings (like in the comics). Because he knows where that's going.

    I thought Sam was throwing the shield better during his talk with Bucky than during the training sequence, but I guess having Bucky there to catch the shield helped. It was interesting seeing Sam have to build himself up to Cap level without the Super Soldier serum backing him up or Walker's training.

    The Flag-Smashers are kind of getting a little too "woe is us" for my taste, even if they probably do have legitimate grievances. Not unexpected that they'd take the fight directly to the GRA.

    Did Sharon set Batroc up with the Flag-Smashers? What's her endgame here? I don't think she's the Power Broker, but something's up.

    Well, if the government won't let Walker be Captain America, I guess he'll have to make his own shield and become US Agent.

  5. #1025
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    about the cameo, wasn't the Showrunner* saying he'd love to see the character with Thor??

    spoilers:
    why would be madame hydra with thor
    end of spoilers
    While I didnít guess who it was , based off his comment re Thor I assumed it was a non powered character with some big cajones. I think what we got fit the Bill. It was funny though, I saw it and reacted cause I love the actor thought the scene was great, but a buddy of mine who also watched called this morning pissed that the show runners lied cause he didnít spot the cameo lol.

  6. #1026
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Besides she's clearly spoilers:
    recruiting either Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers candidates. Vanity Fair said she's in Black Widow, so this won't be the last we see of her
    end of spoilers

  7. #1027
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,159

  8. #1028
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I just hope we have an interesting and thought provoking finale not another giant battle.

  9. #1029
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    While I didnít guess who it was , based off his comment re Thor I assumed it was a non powered character with some big cajones. I think what we got fit the Bill. It was funny though, I saw it and reacted cause I love the actor thought the scene was great, but a buddy of mine who also watched called this morning pissed that the show runners lied cause he didnít spot the cameo lol.
    Probably didn't recognized the actress. It was a big surprise to me hahaha

    today episode was so great, really made me get feelings

  10. #1030
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    show runners need to learn not to overhype stuff like this.

    I saw the cameo and felt nothing and i read comics lol.

    I mean... cool easter egg, not really earth shattering.

    just stfu and let the nerds hype it up after the fact
    Well, at least they cut down on the exposition this week. The Flag Smashers are like this show's answer to WandaVision's SWORD on that front.

  11. #1031
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I just hope we have an interesting and thought provoking finale not another giant battle.
    I always find this sentiment a bit odd, because everyone I talk to seems to think the superhero genre has to be about battles and villains.

  12. #1032
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I always find this sentiment a bit odd, because everyone I talk to seems to think the superhero genre has to be about battles and villains.
    I can remember Thor talking to Rocket more then I can remember the big battle in wakanda in Infinity War.

    In fact I remember the Hulk and Thor talking more then anythiny at all in Endgame.

  13. #1033
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I can remember Thor talking to Rocket more then I can remember the big battle in wakanda in Infinity War.

    In fact I remember the Hulk and Thor talking more then anythiny at all in Endgame.
    I can see that. It's just I'm never sure whether people want more combat or less. I suggested maybe not every superhero story needs a villain, because that tends to restrict the genre. Some agreed. But other times people want the violence ramped up or bloodier, which I'm not sure is a good idea. I do think they need to show characters using their powers, whether they're fighting someone or not.

  14. #1034
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can see that. It's just I'm never sure whether people want more combat or less. I suggested maybe not every superhero story needs a villain, because that tends to restrict the genre. Some agreed. But other times people want the violence ramped up or bloodier, which I'm not sure is a good idea. I do think they need to show characters using their powers, whether they're fighting someone or not.
    Some just want mindless kicking and punching, but for me if the stakes and what not aren't established I won't care who's punching who so I need those discussions.

  15. #1035
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Some just want mindless kicking and punching, but for me if the stakes and what not aren't established I won't care who's punching who so I need those discussions.
    I was hoping for a climatic duel between Falcon and US Agent where they debate their views on what captain america should be.

    Instead I expect a big battle between the flagsmashers and falcon/Winter soldier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •