Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1552

I'm kind of suprised people didn't see the Sharon thing from the start. I noticed it when i posted about Revenge and "on an adventure to ruin another life." granted i am not that versed on sharon carter. But she was giving signs from the jump.

Like at the very beginning it was like. "and you just happen to be here." maybe i'm just a skeptic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm kind of suprised people didn't see the Sharon thing from the start. I noticed it when i posted about Revenge and "on an adventure to ruin another life." granted i am not that versed on sharon carter. But she was giving signs from the jump.

Like at the very beginning it was like. "and you just happen to be here." maybe i'm just a skeptic.
    I guess I just thought too much that they were trying to redeem their take on her instead of going in a completely different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I just thought too much that they were trying to redeem their take on her instead of going in a completely different direction.
    It's one of the reasons bucky and falcon were driving me crazy. No body, like no body thought to ask her any questions. She didn't even really have to lie. No body asked her anything. I think she has a reason for why she is doing what she is doing and ultimately it is a good reason. At least that is what it came off as. She didn't play as a straight villian to me, they just didn't ask. She wasn't really put in a situation where she had to show emotion or lie except with the girl at the end and she did try.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Which isn't a bad thing in the least. In terms of Cap's world, her appearances were a highlight.
    To the point that they overlooked how Atwell openly supported and took part in the harassment Emily experienced after Winter Soldier and Civil War were released.

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    To the point that they overlooked how Atwell openly supported and took part in the harassment Emily experienced after Winter Soldier and Civil War were released.
    Wait, what ?

Ultimate Member

When did that happen?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, the problem seems to be more of the zero-sum thinking which followed.
    Fair enough.

That's true. But that's true about a lot of comic book ideas, or even ideas in general fiction.
    True enough. I was merely responding to the idea that this Sharon could be an imposter of some sort because it came up.

personally I'm interested in seeing what they do with Secret Invasion. Compared to more generic flying/strength powers, shapeshifting seems to be a underused one in the MCU
    Likewise. I'm just hoping they don't use it for any easy outs.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 04-26-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Huh. Interesting. Not that I don't believe you, but got a link?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Huh. Interesting. Not that I don't believe you, but got a link?
    Not the person you're replying to, but there's this tumblr post that goes a bit into detail. Obviously, the OPs have their biases and should be taken with a grain of salt, but they do link sources to interviews/tweets, etc that can let you form your own opinion!

My takeaway from the whole thing is that Atwell is a shark was doing what she could to better leverage her role, and that was unfortunately at the expense at EVC. Although she didn't openly tell folks to harass and campaign, some of her statements could be interpreted as such by the more intense in fandom. Obviously, actors can't control their fandom because that's impossible and people are nuts. Whatever it was, it definitely didn't come across as women supporting women.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Not the person you're replying to, but there's this tumblr post that goes a bit into detail. Obviously, the OPs have their biases and should be taken with a grain of salt, but they do link sources to interviews/tweets, etc that can let you form your own opinion!

My takeaway from the whole thing is that Atwell is a shark was doing what she could to better leverage her role, and that was unfortunately at the expense at EVC. Although she didn't openly tell folks to harass and campaign, some of her statements could be interpreted as such by the more intense in fandom. Obviously, actors can't control their fandom because that's impossible and people are nuts. Whatever it was, it definitely didn't come across as women supporting women.
    Atwell has really bothered me since all of this went down. I remember it all happening, and despite being played off as jokes it never felt right, especially since EVC was open and vocal about the hate and harassment she received from the fans.

There's so many pages in this thread so this may have already been addressed, but I saw people saying Sharon's turn made sense since she was running for 7 years, but her picture came up in Endgame with the other people who were snapped, so wasn't she one of 'the fallen'?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    There's so many pages in this thread so this may have already been addressed, but I saw people saying Sharon's turn made sense since she was running for 7 years, but her picture came up in Endgame with the other people who were snapped, so wasn't she one of 'the fallen'?
    Considering the people managing the list are the same people that didn't give a damn about Sharon for two years and if she was already gaining power and influence in Madripoor/the criminal world it would be easy to fake being dead by paying someone to say they saw you get dusted when none of the people in charge actually care about her a person to make sure it was an accurate report of death. Don't forget the wife of Peter's teacher faked being dead and she actually had people who cared if she was dead or alive, unlike Sharon who had already been on the run for two years with no support from anyone so faking the dead would be easier than ordering pizza.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Atwell has really bothered me since all of this went down. I remember it all happening, and despite being played off as jokes it never felt right, especially since EVC was open and vocal about the hate and harassment she received from the fans.

Yeah, it definitely put a sour taste in my mouth, especially combined with other stories I've heard from Cons. Don't get me wrong, she's a talented actress and I very much viewed it as her looking out for her own interests. It's a tough game. But EVC got the brunt of it, and her role in the MCU was hurt as a result.

As for why they assumed she was fallen, it's not a stretch to think the characters didn't due their due diligence considering how they apparently had already abandoned her for two years prior. Initially, I thought it was a nod to the Waid run, where she had been presumed dead for years only to be revealed that SHIELD had more or less abandoned her. But the difference there is that although Sharon had to do awful things to survive, she still ultimately fell on the side of angels. Here they went with the villain route, which I'm eh about, partially because I can see it as being used as a way to absolve the characters who left her behind from any culpability or exploration of that.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Yeah, it definitely put a sour taste in my mouth, especially combined with other stories I've heard from Cons. Don't get me wrong, she's a talented actress and I very much viewed it as her looking out for her own interests. It's a tough game. But EVC got the brunt of it, and her role in the MCU was hurt as a result.

As for why they assumed she was fallen, it's not a stretch to think the characters didn't due their due diligence considering how they apparently had already abandoned her for two years prior. Initially, I thought it was a nod to the Waid run, where she had been presumed dead for years only to be revealed that SHIELD had more or less abandoned her. But the difference there is that although Sharon had to do awful things to survive, she still ultimately fell on the side of angels. Here they went with the villain route, which I'm eh about, partially because I can see it as being used as a way to absolve the characters who left her behind from any culpability or exploration of that.
    Her being abandoned always felt like a huge oversight to me. After everything she did for Steve in Civil War, I expected her to be on the run with Steve in Infinity War. It always felt like her involvement was changed due to backlash, especially since we know that at one point her and Steve were supposed to be living together but that was cut entirely. I guess it's par for the course for her character, as every movie her part got scaled back from what it was originally supposed to be until there was hardly anything left.

Honestly if I were Sharon I'd probably hate them all too lol.

Ultimate Member

Fair enough.

True enough. I was merely responding to the idea that this Sharon could be an imposter of some sort because it came up.

Likewise. I'm just hoping they don't use it for any easy outs.
    Ok, I see what you mean

Well, I still loved the show, but Rippa does make some good points ngl.