Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    And that is how MCU Steve is different.

Comics Steve had moved on and met Sharon - - long ago, very long ago. To me, she is the one, but I love how they had to do that WW2 nostalgia crap.
    I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Cap's ending in the MCU, if I'm reading that correctly.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-and-winte...itical-praise/

Falcon and Winter Soldier action scenes get high praise. That is so good to hear.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...l-easter-eggs/

Expect plenty of Easter Eggs in Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Zemo has plans...

As for the content of that secret script, Mackie said that the show will tackle timely issues:

“It's no secret that in 2020, we learned a lot about ourselves as individuals and as a country. Sam brings a lot of that to the table—a lot of those issues and questions as a Black man in America in 2020
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...ack-sam-wilson

Considering that the MCU timeline does not perfectly reflect the real world-- more specifically, Mr. 45 was never president there-- I wonder how they will attempt to inject inflections of contemporary social turmoil into the film, with the understanding that "The Blip" is the most catastrophic thing that happened in the last five years, and is severely underexplored. Entire nations really should have fallen by the wayside, and the boundaries should look differently in the aftermath of Endgame.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is the release date still mid-March?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...ack-sam-wilson

Considering that the MCU timeline does not perfectly reflect the real world-- more specifically, Mr. 45 was never president there-- I wonder how they will attempt to inject inflections of contemporary social turmoil into the film, with the understanding that "The Blip" is the most catastrophic thing that happened in the last five years, and is severely underexplored. Entire nations really should have fallen by the wayside, and the boundaries should look differently in the aftermath of Endgame.
    It's very easy to reference a pandemic or police brutality. Throw on top of that a cataclysmic event that saw half the population disappear, then the world looks like a scary place. It would almost make sense for an organization like the Flag-Smashers to rise to prominence because their philosophy of no borders, no flags to divide nations, everyone equal, that would appeal to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is the release date still mid-March?
    March 19th.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's very easy to reference a pandemic or police brutality. Throw on top of that a cataclysmic event that saw half the population disappear, then the world looks like a scary place. It would almost make sense for an organization like the Flag-Smashers to rise to prominence because their philosophy of no borders, no flags to divide nations, everyone equal, that would appeal to a lot of people.
    Yeah, no reason why they can't reference these things and follow the Blip.

Although, are anti-border extremists really a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, no reason why they can't reference these things and follow the Blip.

Although, are anti-border extremists really a thing?
    Well that is the stance of the original Flag-Smasher in the comics.

With the blip and half the population gone just like that, it's easy to see that kind of thinking beginning to rise. Just look at how far right extremism is becoming more mainstream.

With the blip and half the population gone just like that, it's easy to see that kind of thinking beginning to rise. Just look at how far right extremism is becoming more mainstream.
    Ugh if they push this then we're going to get Flag-Smasher fans...

Ultimate Member

That's true, but I think far-right extremism has always been around in a way. Many of their beliefs are just ones that used to be prevalent, like bigotry, but are now seen as wrong.

On a separate note, are Flag-Smashers major villains, in terms of Captain America's enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's true, but I think far-right extremism has always been around in a way. Many of their beliefs are just ones that used to be prevalent, like bigotry, but are now seen as wrong.

On a separate note, are Flag-Smashers major villains, in terms of Captain America's enemies?
    Oh yeah, it's been around. Like I said, it's just becoming more mainstream in our politics.

Flag Smasher was one person when he originally appeared and he led an organization called Ultimatum. His biggest storyline was quite controversial, where it led to Cap picking up a gun and killing a terrorist to save the lives of hostages held by Flag Smasher.

Oh yeah, it's been around. Like I said, it's just becoming more mainstream in our politics.

Flag Smasher was one person when he originally appeared and he led an organization called Ultimatum. His biggest storyline was quite controversial, where it led to Cap picking up a gun and killing a terrorist to save the lives of hostages held by Flag Smasher.
    http://random-happenstance.blogspot....made-guns.html

interesting that the 60s - 90s standard of Cap not using guns weighed heavily on that story.