Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1552

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I wonder if US Agent is going to get his own team like Secret Warriors or Invaders.

I think at the end they should have called it Captain America and Bucky so it'll comeback around since Sam is Cap and Barnes doesn't want to be called Winter Soldier
    I think Walker will make the rounds where they can fit him (and Wyatt Russell) in.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...tlestar-death/

Details from this interview kind of rubbed me the wrong way. First he says that it's fine that they killed off Lamar purely in service of John's story because of the "other stories they were telling". Then, he goes onto pat himself on the back for not mentioning racism by name, as if it's a bad word, in those same stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Details from this interview kind of rubbed me the wrong way. First he says that it's fine that they killed off Lamar purely in service of John's story because of the "other stories they were telling". Then, he goes onto pat himself on the back for not mentioning racism by name, as if it's a bad word, in those same stories.
    I mean, it's not like they needed to kill Rhodey off to build up to Tony snapping.

Spectacular Member

Is the whole Snap thing supposed to be the migrant crisis in Europe?

Then that makes the flag smashers ISIS?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Details from this interview kind of rubbed me the wrong way. First he says that it's fine that they killed off Lamar purely in service of John's story because of the "other stories they were telling".
    That's not what he said, in fairness. Spellman acknowledges that killing Lamar was problematic, and that they all knew it. But that they couldn't find another means to push Walker where they wanted him while keeping Lamar alive. And that they decided they could live with it despite the obviously trope-y nature of it because the other stories they were telling were told honestly and make clear that they weren't just abusing old, worn tropes.

It isn't that they thought it was "fine" to kill Lamar, it's that they thought the rest of the work would offset the obviously problematic nature of his death enough that it wouldn't come across as badly. Personally, I'm not sure I agree with them, but it is what it is.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

According to Nielsen, with only the first two episodes out, the show was the top original streaming series in viewership.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...reaming-series
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

FATWS is number 1 according to Parrot Analytics’ Digital Streaming Charts.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/the-fa...-demand-chart/
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That's not what he said, in fairness. Spellman acknowledges that killing Lamar was problematic, and that they all knew it. But that they couldn't find another means to push Walker where they wanted him while keeping Lamar alive. And that they decided they could live with it despite the obviously trope-y nature of it because the other stories they were telling were told honestly and make clear that they weren't just abusing old, worn tropes.

It isn't that they thought it was "fine" to kill Lamar, it's that they thought the rest of the work would offset the obviously problematic nature of his death enough that it wouldn't come across as badly. Personally, I'm not sure I agree with them, but it is what it is.
    I'm giving them a pass for it.

Yeah, killing the black best friend is like, the absolute worst. Watching it, it shocked me because I didn't think they'd be so tone deaf. And that moment left a really bad taste in my mouth that never completely went away. On its own, it's super cringe worthy, maybe one of the MCU's most cringe-iest in a long time. But everything else, I thought they handled pretty well. Not perfectly, but better than any other MCU project that comes to mind outside of Killmonger.

I'm sure there were other ways to push Walker over the edge, but I'll admit, I can't think of any better ones myself (not ones that aren't either just weak or other bad troupes). I'm not a professional writer, of course, so that only excuses so much, but these guys still did a lot of good and are owning the fact that this was a crap moment in the story.

I don't like it, but it's a relative small blemish on a otherwise solid showing. Not gonna hate too hard for that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would pay to watch Peggy Carter slap her niece with a walking stick for what she pulled.
    Wouldn't Cap's girl be too busy being fucked on both ends by HYDRA and her man to care about what Sharon does to the douchebags in the government and self-righteous heroes? Besides with her withered bones and broken brain a simple gust of wind or just telling her that HYDRA played her for a fool and no matter how much she and the people who suck her ass thought she was queen in the end she was nothing but a pawn not even smart enough to be sacrificed or intelligent enough to question the actions done by HYDRA agents. Sharon is at least a queen while auntie never truly amounted to anything more than a pawn of HYDRA and being Steve's mute smiling girl not even given the dignity of being addressed by name the last time she will ever be relevant in the movies or having any impact on the plot beyond being a prize for Steve to collect for condoning all the **** of the last 80 years.
    So sad, Atwell could've been replaced with a mannequin or a random crewmember in a wig and nothing would've changed in the movie, though guess that is a big change from how she only ever really talked to Steve in the movies.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Walker is definitely becoming a Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Walker is definitely becoming a Thunderbolt.
    I can totally see that but how many villains are still around?, the only ones I can think of are Zemo, Agatha, Bullseye, and Vulture

Really enjoy this overall things I didn’t like :

Sam’s lack of love interest
    Karli & Battlestar death were wack & not needed..
    Hope to see them both come back especially Karli & would like to see here in comics aswell..
    They should said Eli name atleast once or twice smh
    One of those top government members should have died imo

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Vanity Fair reported that spoilers:
    Val was supposed to debut in Black Widow first, but due to the delay shes appearing there second now. So Taskmasters another we can add to the list (maybe he'll even loan USAgent that shield...)
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Vanity Fair reported that spoilers:
    Val was supposed to debut in Black Widow first, but due to the delay shes appearing there second now. So Taskmasters another we can add to the list (maybe he'll even loan USAgent that shield...)
    end of spoilers
    You are assuming that is the character in question. No reason it needs to be.

spoilers:
    Could just as easily be Yelena she contacts in that film. We won't know until we see it.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    According to Nielsen, with only the first two episodes out, the show was the top original streaming series in viewership.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...reaming-series
    Interesting do we know the shows price tag?