Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    I have so many theories, but I'm guessing:

1. Someone in the govt made this group to be a fake adversary for John Walker
    2. John Walker is supposed to take this group down, get his shining moment and be the Cap the government wants, one they can control because they couldn't control Steve
    3. The group goes through their SSS treatment, this causes them to become insane and they also meet Zemo and become radicals
    4. Walker eventually finds all this out, but he is also going insane from a serum he received
    5. Walker is ashamed and that's why we see him on his knees in that one screenshot
    6. It is up to Sam and Bucky to stop these radicals

If I can guess, the US Govt. still has the SSS they gave to Emil Blonksy which made him go insane. I'm guess Walker and the Flag smashers probably all have variants of this serum.

Attachment 107070

I know this scene and it looks like these are linked together

Attachment 107071
    If they're fake radicals, why would Sam and Bucky fight them?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If they're fake radicals, why would Sam and Bucky fight them?
    Zemo brainwashing + Derivative SSS makes you go crazy. Besides Bucky (who gained his memories back), Emil Blonksy and the Hydra SS all went insane.

Ultimate Member

Zemo brainwashing + Derivative SSS makes you go crazy. Besides Bucky (who gained his memories back), Emil Blonksy and the Hydra SS all went insane.
    Haha, I forgot what SSS meant for a sec. Maybe if they defeat them, Bucky tries to deprogram them, because it resembles what he went through

I have so many theories, but I'm guessing:

1. Someone in the govt made this group to be a fake adversary for John Walker
    2. John Walker is supposed to take this group down, get his shining moment and be the Cap the government wants, one they can control because they couldn't control Steve
    3. The group goes through their SSS treatment, this causes them to become insane and they also meet Zemo and become radicals
    4. Walker eventually finds all this out, but he is also going insane from a serum he received
    5. Walker is ashamed and that's why we see him on his knees in that one screenshot
    6. It is up to Sam and Bucky to stop these radicals

If I can guess, the US Govt. still has the SSS they gave to Emil Blonksy which made him go insane. I'm guess Walker and the Flag smashers probably all have variants of this serum.

Attachment 107070

I know this scene and it looks like these are linked together

Attachment 107071
    I'm not sure that the gov't would want to test Walker against a group of super-powered terrorists that they created. They would have a better use for their own serum, especially not giving it to subjects that they couldn't control.

They would more likely want to serve up a soft ball for him. Something that will get him an easy win.

But I agree that the gov't created the new serum and wanted to use it. Could be that Zemo stole it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm not sure that the gov't would want to test Walker against a group of super-powered terrorists that they created. They would have a better use for their own serum, especially not giving it to subjects that they couldn't control.

They would more likely want to serve up a soft ball for him. Something that will get him an easy win.

But I agree that the gov't created the new serum and wanted to use it. Could be that Zemo stole it.
    I was thinking more in line with that they are in on the act themselves with Walker not knowing, but maybe it back fires and they get brainwashed by Zemo.

I was thinking more in line with that they are in on the act themselves with Walker not knowing, but maybe it back fires and they get brainwashed by Zemo.
    Yeah, that possible too. I can def see Zemo taking advantage of something like that.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...t-mcu-moments/

Sam's best moments in the MCU.

Steve passing the shield to Sam is the best.

Ultimate Member

I'm wondering, is it normal for a legacy character to come from a totally different power set or character group?

What I mean is, in term of legacy characters, Iron Man has War Machine and Iron Heart, Captain America has US Agent and Patriot, Thor had Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike, and so forth. So I wonder why they decided to make Falcon the next Captain America.

I'm wondering, is it normal for a legacy character to come from a totally different power set or character group?

What I mean is, in term of legacy characters, Iron Man has War Machine and Iron Heart, Captain America has US Agent and Patriot, Thor had Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike, and so forth. So I wonder why they decided to make Falcon the next Captain America.
    Steve has always been about justice, freedom and the average person. He's been like this before the SSS. Sam is the closest person to have the same ideals as Steve.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Steve has always been about justice, freedom and the average person. He's been like this before the SSS. Sam is the closest person to have the same ideals as Steve.
    I guess so. For me it would be like a guy like Hawkeye becoming the next Iron Man just because they're colleagues and friends. Not against it, but it seems different from the normal

I guess so. For me it would be like a guy like Hawkeye becoming the next Iron Man just because they're colleagues and friends. Not against it, but it seems different from the normal
    Hawkeye did take over as Goliath from Hank Pym just because they were colleagues. He was also invited to be the new "Captain America" (by Tony Stark I think?) but turned it down.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hawkeye did take over as Goliath from Hank Pym just because they were colleagues. He was also invited to be the new "Captain America" (by Tony Stark I think?) but turned it down.
    Ok. It's not wrong, just atypical I guess. We'll see how it works out for Sam in FaWS

Spectacular Member

I don't think it's the norm. I mean, Dick Grayson took over as Batman, he isn't as strong as Bruce, not nearly as smart or great as a detective. He's agile, known for having great team work and potentially a better leader than Bruce.

They're not the same in terms of physicals, intelligence or philosophies in many areas, etc.

I'm sure many of us can run through and name a lot more.

Ultimate Member

I don't think it's the norm. I mean, Dick Grayson took over as Batman, he isn't as strong as Bruce, not nearly as smart or great as a detective. He's agile, known for having great team work and potentially a better leader than Bruce.

They're not the same in terms of physicals, intelligence or philosophies in many areas, etc.

I'm sure many of us can run through and name a lot more.
    That's true. But Dick's basic concept is similar to Bruce's, i.e. guy with no powers and a lot of gadgets. Similarly, Captain America has characters like Patriot, US Agent and Winter Soldier, who all have different specific levels, but are generally peak humans with some kind of vibranium shield. Whereas Falcon flies and psychically communicates with birds.

Steve was never partners with patriot and USAgent. Sam was there with Steve when he took on HYDRA and Winter Soldier. And like I said earlier, it's not necessarily the powerset Steve was considering but the character of the person who he wants to represent Captain America.

Of the other characters you mentioned Thor didn't pass on his legacy to either Beta Ray or Thunderstrike. They got theirs from Odin and Heimdall respectively. Steve didn't choose Walker, that was the gov't and Patriot was following his own father and grandfather's legacy, not Steve's.