Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think it's possible they'll create two groups?
    It doesn’t seem likely. They have the Fantastic 4 on the way, the Guardians are still a thing, and they now own the rights to the X-Men. Plus, it’s possible they try to reunite the Avengers in some form. Having two youth teams would be a bit much on top of a situation that’s already a bit much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    It doesn’t seem likely. They have the Fantastic 4 on the way, the Guardians are still a thing, and they now own the rights to the X-Men. Plus, it’s possible they try to reunite the Avengers in some form. Having two youth teams would be a bit much on top of a situation that’s already a bit much.
    Oh yeah, forgot about the F4

Still, I feel both teams should get a chance to tell their stories someday

I highly enjoyed the first episode. Statts with an incredible action scene, possibly one of the best we've gotten in years. Rest of the episode is a great drama and character study. Sebastian stan killing it already

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile Episode 1 Viewpoints!

Guess I will be one of the 1st here to talk about Episode 1"New World Order" Love that title name, fits with the episode well.

1st off the show did bring Silver Screen level quality and shoots to the show which I expected and it did not disapoint, also love how some of the shots where framed, this will be a very well shoot show and I like it for that!

spoilers:
    Liked that we got into the actions fast at the start establishing Sam's skills and what he brings to the table now that a show can for alot longer focus on his powers, skills and development.

I have to say for a Man with at this point no Metahuman level reactions powers or durablity, Sam does Highly Trained and Skilled regular mortals like us truly amazingly, his reaction times and skills both Flying and Fighting are beyond impressiv, he is truly a top tier of regular humans with no metahuman enhancements and I find that Awesome and he was awesome in how they showed that.

That Canyon Fight! =D

Where the HECK are all these Attack Choppers keep comign from!?

It was great seeing Rhodes make an apperance in this film, it was great seeing him and same at the Capt Museum and that adding weight to what has been lost and what needs to be Gained Back!

"A Few Months Later", So this Show takes place AFTER the Events of WandaVision since that was only a few weeks after Endgame, that is Curiously a good fact to know! :-)

The Flag Smashers, cool to hear that name in a mordern Marvel Project and they have an interesting reason why they are who they are.

I like how we See Bucky being develop on a Human Level and what he has been going threw, therapy, being alone and making up for his Winter Soldier actions. Also that stuff with the Father and the son killed made me feel heavy for the scene, Sebastian Stan does an amazing job in his acting in his scenes, he adds so much weight to the horrors he was put threw, his fight to make things right but how hard that really will be.

I am glad this show is not just always action, it has a great human element heart and reasoning on on personal and family levels on what Sam and Bucky are fighting to achieve.

I like Sam getting back with his family, seeing them, interacting with them but also have real world problems cause not only by the Blip and people coming back, but also what many people all around us have problems with with Finances and how to keep ourselves afloat.

That Loan Officer was such a geeky guy.:-p

So the Leader of the Flag Smashers is a MetaHuman, wonder who it will be, he can Kick-A$$ Hard, Really Impressive the fighting in this show.

Yep, the MCU Goverment again not Honoring the Wishes of Metahumans and Heroes in the world, 1st Abusing Visions final wishes and now taking Capt Shield against Sam's and likely all other heroes will and just giving it to some at this point unamed dude to be the Goverment Sponsered Capt, each show keeps making the MCU Goverments not all trustworthy.

Overall I Loved this shows as I thought, but moreso for the human and slow moments we got to get deep human development both of Sam and Bucky, that was amazing and I appriated that the most!

Great 1st Episode!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The first episode of this was better than the first episode of WandaVision.
    USAgent has an ugly chin.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The first episode of this was better than the first episode of WandaVision.
    USAgent has an ugly chin.
    LOL, glad I am not the only one wondering about the chin.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I feel like this didn’t grab me as much as WandaVision did. It’s good but it seemed to lack the punch/hook that the previous series did. Hoping it gets better next episode.

So Sam has been doing missions for the Air Force, because what else is he going to do? That new Falcon suit and fight sequence was spectacular .

Lately I've become really self-aware of how much Superheroes in movies or live-action end up killing people somewhat casually or matter-of-factly. Yeah, I get it, they're soldiers and they're bad guys, but it's still kind of jarring to me.

Torres is supposed to be Joaquin Torres from the comics? The second Falcon? If so, it looks like they Bucky-fied him where they turned an actual teen hero into an adult soldier. Would you believe in the comics he was an illegal immigrant trying to help families cross the border? I mean, he was fun here and played off Sam well in a sidekick-esque way, but it still felt kind of weird seeing him like that.

It was nice to see Batroc again. To be honest, I'm only disappointed that he feels like such a generic thug here instead of the gentleman criminal he is in the comics. But he sure gave Sam a challenge here, and actually survived, so at least the MCU knows when to keep name villains alive even if their henchmen aren't afforded the same luxury.

Definitely playing on the theme of legacy where Sam feels he isn't ready to inherit Steve's legacy while struggling with his family's legacy. It was also nice to see his family with his widowed sister and her kids and how he reacts to how much time has moved on there since he blipped or even before when he was a Superhero.

So Sam's family were fisherman instead of religious? I guess we're saving that up for when Daredevil inevitably comes back .

A whole list of "The Vanished?" Did they get their permission to use that? I don't know if anyone would want their name there even if they were part of The Blip.

It was cool to see Rhodey again, and to see him be the counterpoint to Sam not taking up the shield. I was expecting Rhodey dealing with Tony's loss like Sam is Steve's to come up, but that's probably going to be saved for Armor Wars.

Bucky is still struggling with the weight of his sins as the Winter Soldier and adjusting to a modern world, but at least he has pardon-mandated therapy to go through and he's crossing off his regrets one-by-one, whether it be people who used him as Winter Soldier or people who he unknowingly killed. But it's got to be agonizing for him to bond with someone whose son he's killed.

It was nice to see that Sam is reaching out to Bucky. It's probably what Steve would've wanted, but you can also potentially see that Sam is trying to make sure Bucky isn't alone like Wanda was.

They really don't address how Superheroes make money that much anymore, probably because "being a Superhero" seems to be the main job of everyone these days. I mean, Tony's rich, Steve worked for the government, Peter Parker now has Stark money, but Sam left his real day job to play Superhero and apparently there wasn't much in the way of Stark benefits like you'd expect.

Flag-Smasher is trying to create a unified nation like they felt the world was closer to during the Blip? Huh. Guess it'll also be a bit before they figure out it was the girl running the operation and is the actual Flag-Smasher...

USAgent looks so much like a discount Cap that it's honestly kind of funny. The US government are jerks though for making Sam think he was giving the shield away for Cap's museum when they instead hand it off to their new Captain America knockoff. I don't think Walker knows any better, he probably thinks he's just doing his duty and serving his country, but we know Sam gets the shield back so I'm wondering how it's going to happen.

It was so weird to see Sharon and Zemo in the credits when they're not even in the episode .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Sam has been doing missions for the Air Force, because what else is he going to do? That new Falcon suit and fight sequence was spectacular .

Lately I've become really self-aware of how much Superheroes in movies or live-action end up killing people somewhat casually or matter-of-factly. Yeah, I get it, they're soldiers and they're bad guys, but it's still kind of jarring to me.
    Yeah, it annoys me how people seem to want the heroes to be ruthless killers, especially with everything going on in the world right now.

Torres is supposed to be Joaquin Torres from the comics? The second Falcon? If so, it looks like they Bucky-fied him where they turned an actual teen hero into an adult soldier. Would you believe in the comics he was an illegal immigrant trying to help families cross the border? I mean, he was fun here and played off Sam well in a sidekick-esque way, but it still felt kind of weird seeing him like that.
    I don't know if that's actually him. Did they say his first name?

It was nice to see Batroc again. To be honest, I'm only disappointed that he feels like such a generic thug here instead of the gentleman criminal he is in the comics. But he sure gave Sam a challenge here, and actually survived, so at least the MCU knows when to keep name villains alive even if their henchmen aren't afforded the same luxury.

Definitely playing on the theme of legacy where Sam feels he isn't ready to inherit Steve's legacy while struggling with his family's legacy. It was also nice to see his family with his widowed sister and her kids and how he reacts to how much time has moved on there since he blipped or even before when he was a Superhero.

So Sam's family were fisherman instead of religious? I guess we're saving that up for when Daredevil inevitably comes back .

A whole list of "The Vanished?" Did they get their permission to use that? I don't know if anyone would want their name there even if they were part of The Blip.

It was cool to see Rhodey again, and to see him be the counterpoint to Sam not taking up the shield. I was expecting Rhodey dealing with Tony's loss like Sam is Steve's to come up, but that's probably going to be saved for Armor Wars.

Bucky is still struggling with the weight of his sins as the Winter Soldier and adjusting to a modern world, but at least he has pardon-mandated therapy to go through and he's crossing off his regrets one-by-one, whether it be people who used him as Winter Soldier or people who he unknowingly killed. But it's got to be agonizing for him to bond with someone whose son he's killed.

It was nice to see that Sam is reaching out to Bucky. It's probably what Steve would've wanted, but you can also potentially see that Sam is trying to make sure Bucky isn't alone like Wanda was.

They really don't address how Superheroes make money that much anymore, probably because "being a Superhero" seems to be the main job of everyone these days. I mean, Tony's rich, Steve worked for the government, Peter Parker now has Stark money, but Sam left his real day job to play Superhero and apparently there wasn't much in the way of Stark benefits like you'd expect.
    Frankly it's better if characters like Falcon are working as a full-time hero, rather than some guy who does this simply because he thinks he can.

Flag-Smasher is trying to create a unified nation like they felt the world was closer to during the Blip? Huh. Guess it'll also be a bit before they figure out it was the girl running the operation and is the actual Flag-Smasher...

USAgent looks so much like a discount Cap that it's honestly kind of funny. The US government are jerks though for making Sam think he was giving the shield away for Cap's museum when they instead hand it off to their new Captain America knockoff. I don't think Walker knows any better, he probably thinks he's just doing his duty and serving his country, but we know Sam gets the shield back so I'm wondering how it's going to happen.

It was so weird to see Sharon and Zemo in the credits when they're not even in the episode .
    I'm not sure how they'll make this ideology villainous, tbh

Incredible Member

I just want to say I'm still processing the word Bulls**t on a Disney + show. So glad they're not neutering anything.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I just want to say I'm still processing the word Bulls**t on a Disney + show. So glad they're not neutering anything.
    Yeah, kind of weird to be hearing that in a Marvel/Disney production.

Yeah, kind of weird to be hearing that in a Marvel/Disney production.
    Why is that such a big deal lmao, they said bullsh!t ooh wow. /s
    It's not like we get to see actual bloody fight scenes like in Daredevil or Punisher or something similar.

I like that we've got to see what Sam and Bucky have been up to on their own.
    Sam's been quite active, glad he's been kicking ass despite the fact that he misses Cap.
    Poor Bucky he's completely got his own will and his heart is at the right place, but his past keeps biting him man.
    It's rough coping with that. I hope he's not going to visit all those men he's written on his sticky notes, because the list will only get longer and longer. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Why is that such a big deal lmao, they said bullsh!t ooh wow. /s
    It's not like we get to see actual bloody fight scenes like in Daredevil or Punisher or something similar.
    I'm not saying it's bad, just felt kind of weird.

So, two of my questions have been answered:

1. Sam's fighting skills have improved, he did pretty good against Batroc and his crew. Thank you. With that said, I want to see how he's going to handle the souped up Flag Smashers. Whatever they're taking has them pretty jacked up. We'll have to see if they're bullet proof.

2. They apparently will have Sam and Bucky kill. I have no problem with this depending on the situation and who they're facing. This isn't 616 Sam(he's alot closer to Ultimate Sam) so I'm not bothered.

One pleasant surprise is Sam's got some tech skills. He was repairing Redwing and it makes sense that he should have some working knowledge. He's not Tony Stark, T'Challa or Shuri but he should have some skills. Like I said, this puts him closer to Ultimate Sam.

John Walker looks like a corn fed goofball and I think that's a good look for him starting out. He needs to be patriotic as heck before he realizes that his gov't isn't as patriotic as he is. Unless he already knows and it doesn't really matter to him.

The focus on Sam and Bucky's character is really good. Bucky having nightmares trying to live with his past and Sam's family struggles are great touches. I hope they do something similar with Sharon and Zemo.

A great episode to start the series.