Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

I really didn't see Joaquin having his comics origin... Despite being an intriguing character based on the comics, there's also no MCU history so far of Dr. Malus, nor of, well, Bird Redwing, and that angle of it being part-vampire..

I'm content with Joaquin being a solid supporting character in the MCU world. I just hope he doesn't get killed before this mini series is over.

maybe someday if he stays alive he'll get some kind of powers.

So the fellow who introduces John Walker... is he a Senator? Is he the head of the Pentagon? the current Vice President?

(especially given the five year gap, I wonder how the USA political landscape evolved? Who benefited, who lost out heavily? is Washington, DC a state yet?)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-22-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I really didn't see Joaquin having his comics origin... Despite being an intriguing character based on the comics, there's also no MCU history so far of Dr. Malus, nor of, well, Bird Redwing, and that angle of it being part-vampire..

I'm content with Joaquin being a solid supporting character in the MCU world. I just hope he doesn't get killed before this mini series is over.

maybe someday if he stays alive he'll get some kind of powers.

So the fellow who introduces John Walker... is he a Senator? Is he the head of the Pentagon? the current Vice President?

(especially given the five year gap, I wonder how the USA political landscape evolved? Who benefited, who lost out heavily? is Washington, DC a state yet?)
    Holy crap...they are going to make Torres a cyborg...built with the Redwing Drone parts....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Holy crap...they are going to make Torres a cyborg...built with the Redwing Drone parts....
    You think so?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think so?
    I'm joking...because in the comics his DNA was mixed with bird Redwing.

Ultimate Member

I'm joking...because in the comics his DNA was mixed with bird Redwing.
    Oh yeah, I didn't get that. Still, if they don't go the falcon DNA route, they could make him a cyborg

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, I didn't get that. Still, if they don't go the falcon DNA route, they could make him a cyborg
    I would think just another EXO-7 wing suit.

Ultimate Member

I would think just another EXO-7 wing suit.
    Probably, but he should get his own redwing

Incredible Member

I really wish the banker has had more to say about denying the loan. Let's face it...after 1/2 the world's population gets wiped out the world adjusted to a smaller scale food production and distribution model. Then all of a sudden all those people are back and need to be fed so they need to ramp up the production and distribution. I would have liked for him to say that the government was focusing on larger corporations and not small business or independent operators to get to where they needed to be and that is why the loan was denied.
    Yeah, that was kind of weird. If anything, I would have hired Falcon to do corporate gigs, in exchange for the loan, considering that Falcon was depicted as a celebrity. It would still play into Falcon being uncomfortable with dealing with "the Man", but you do what you got to do. In fact, couldn't he gotten a loan from T'Challa or Pepper?

So you are basically saying Zemo is playing the Red Skull role from the old Cap No More story line...he manipulated it so Walker would become cap to discredit heroes?
    Possibly, considering that Feige is drawing stuff from the comics...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Being an immigrant trying to help others enter a country with inhumane border policy and being a member of that country's imperialist military that creates conditions in foreign nations that lead to citizens having to leave and face inhumane border policy are complete opposites. It's direct inversion.
    There is nothing inhumane about border enforcement. No one has the right to immigrate from one country to another. What is inhumane is the lack of enforcement for the sake of politics. But if you want to tie this into the show: the Flag Smashers are anarchists who don't believe in borders, and most likely funded by Zemo out of revenge for what happened to Sokovia, imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    There is nothing inhumane about border enforcement. No one has the right to immigrate from one country to another. What is inhumane is the lack of enforcement for the sake of politics. But if you want to tie this into the show: the Flag Smashers are anarchists who don't believe in borders, and most likely funded by Zemo out of revenge for what happened to Sokovia, imo.
    Of course no has the right but border enforcement has abused immigrants

BANNED

Of course no has the right but border enforcement has abused immigrants
    Glad you agree it's necessary

BANNED

Sam's wings were created as part of a pair. The other set is probably still out there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Glad you agree it's necessary
    It's necessary now but may not be so in the future

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Sam's wings were created as part of a pair. The other set is probably still out there.
    Sam's partner from his para-rescue days got shot down (prompting Sam to leave the service); if his wing suit is still around it's a pile of scrap metal.

But that was probably ten+ years ago, in MCU time so I'd imagine that more suits were built.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe, but if they did they would t really need Sam