Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah, after all this time Bucky finally gets some character development, so I feel they should hold off on killing him for now

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, after all this time Bucky finally gets some character development, so I feel they should hold off on killing him for now
    Bucky has never had a love interest since WWII. I doubt they will reveal a romance with a non-Natasha Black Widow in the 50s-60s.

so who's it going to be? The restaurant waitress? Maybe..

Things might be awkward with Sharon Carter.

Mighty Member

So, in news related to toy spoilers from earlier in the week, we now have leaks from the Marvel Legends wave devoted to this series. Potential spoilers ahead, so I'll code my comments.

http://marvelousnews.com/252-28376

spoilers:
    Walker as US Agent? Didn't expect that, and I wonder if we'll see it in the series proper or if the black colors will be toy only. But the real news is the Build-A-Figure, which appears to be the wings for Captain Falcon's suit. We know a Falcon figure is coming in the wave, thought we haven't seen it yet, and this almost guarantees that it's Sam as Captain America. Slightly annoying that means you need to collect the entire wave for the entire suit, but it is what it is. Given that both Marvel Selects and Marvel Legends are now doing off the Captain Falcon suit, I think it's as close as we can expect
    to confirmation that Sam will in fact be Captain America when all is said and done. Still not 100%, it wouldn't be the first time that a toyline had stuff not from the series. But if they only Falcon they are releasing in the wave is the Cap version, it's hard to imagine it not appearing onscreen.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bucky has never had a love interest since WWII. I doubt they will reveal a romance with a non-Natasha Black Widow in the 50s-60s.

Yeah, I don't want to see them use Sharon. Leah (the waitress, played by the lovely Miki Ishikawa) may not have a long term future as a love interest, given that it's unlikely Bucky gets a whole lot of development outside of this series, or any sequel runs down the road. But I do like the idea of him with a nice, normal girl. Someone to ground him outside of the spy/superhero game, similar to what they did with Hawkeye.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I'm hoping no romance.

With only 6 episodes, I'm not interested in them devoting time to thay when there's so much else.

Plus, Idk if he's the kinda guy who should be in one in his state right now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So, in news related to toy spoilers from earlier in the week, we now have leaks from the Marvel Legends wave devoted to this series. Potential spoilers ahead, so I'll code my comments.

http://marvelousnews.com/252-28376

spoilers:
    Walker as US Agent? Didn't expect that, and I wonder if we'll see it in the series proper or if the black colors will be toy only. But the real news is the Build-A-Figure, which appears to be the wings for Captain Falcon's suit. We know a Falcon figure is coming in the wave, thought we haven't seen it yet, and this almost guarantees that it's Sam as Captain America. Slightly annoying that means you need to collect the entire wave for the entire suit, but it is what it is. Given that both Marvel Selects and Marvel Legends are now doing off the Captain Falcon suit, I think it's as close as we can expect
    to confirmation that Sam will in fact be Captain America when all is said and done. Still not 100%, it wouldn't be the first time that a toyline had stuff not from the series. But if they only Falcon they are releasing in the wave is the Cap version, it's hard to imagine it not appearing onscreen.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I don't want to see them use Sharon. Leah (the waitress, played by the lovely Miki Ishikawa) may not have a long term future as a love interest, given that it's unlikely Bucky gets a whole lot of development outside of this series, or any sequel runs down the road. But I do like the idea of him with a nice, normal girl. Someone to ground him outside of the spy/superhero game, similar to what they did with Hawkeye.
    You mean a relationship out of nowhere that slows the series down

BANNED

Bucky may end up with Yelena Belova, depending on how the Black Widow film turns out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Bucky may end up with Yelena Belova, depending on how the Black Widow film turns out.
    Big age difference there, isn't it?

BANNED

Just like every other character.

Mentally and physically, he's still supposed to be in his late 20s, I think. Maybe early 30s.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Just like every other character.

Mentally and physically, he's still supposed to be in his late 20s, I think. Maybe early 30s.
    I mean even mentally. He's in his late 30s and she seems at most early 20s. I'd prefer they date in their own age groups if at all

Mighty Member

You mean a relationship out of nowhere that slows the series down
    That was kind of my point, yes. I don't see them devoting time to it, when it won't likely ever come up anywhere else unless they do more seasons of this show. And even then, seems like a side story to what's actually happening in the plot that eats up limited screen time. Not saying they won't do it, or couldn't. But I don't see it happening any time soon. Could be wrong (I was totally wrong about a bunch in WandaVision, so my track record isn't great. LOL).

I just meant that, if we had to do a Winter Soldier romance, she's the kind of character I think Bucky would go well with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That was kind of my point, yes. I don't see them devoting time to it, when it won't likely ever come up anywhere else unless they do more seasons of this show. And even then, seems like a side story to what's actually happening in the plot that eats up limited screen time. Not saying they won't do it, or couldn't. But I don't see it happening any time soon. Could be wrong (I was totally wrong about a bunch in WandaVision, so my track record isn't great. LOL).

I just meant that, if we had to do a Winter Soldier romance, she's the kind of character I think Bucky would go well with.
    I wasn't clear but I was more making a kab at Hawkeye's instafamily.

But you make some good points

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wouldn't be a first for Florence Pugh.

Bold idea: Yelena and Kate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wouldn't be a first for Florence Pugh.

Bold idea: Yelena and Kate
    Haha, I don't get the first part

Mighty Member

OK, now we're getting somewhere. The plot thickens, we get more great stuff between our leads, and John Walker totally isn't a dick, except he kind of is. A solid second episode. I need sleep! But it was a fun way to stay up late.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier episode 2: couples therapy

I like all the fight scenes so far.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?