Page 43 of 104 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't agree with this. This would be like US states being all the same. And they distinguish between them even in the MCU. When they have characters traveling around in Civil War. Europe isn't one country. And for the MCU to do that to it would be incredibly simple and ignorant. And there is no imagination in having only one country represent it. And Hollywood already suffers the issue of thinking everyone in certain areas of Europe are all the same, or even worse Americanize them. Having so many different things in this huge universe Marvel has built in the MCU is one of the more attractive things about it. I hope they eventually add Atlantis as well. They luckily haven't done this with Europe so far.
    Yeah, plus idk if I like the idea of Doom just appearing rather than already being around in some capacity

I think it will neighbor, but not be the same place. Sokovia was demolished and the F4 will be a thing at the end of the phase. There's not enough time for Doom to repair everything, build a castle, become a benevolent leader. It doesn't seem to fit that country anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Spader was wasted IMO, and Ultron not done correctly.

Part of me wonders if Simon and Vision could've been thr same character. What I'm saying kinda makes no sense, but IMO Vision doesn't look like a robot, Iron Man does. Plus he and Scarlet Witch dated and had a family. Meanwhile Simon doesn't really have a distinct power set and is kind of a side character with less of a distinct identity. So I wonder if it would've made more sense if Vision was simply Simon's synthetic reincarnation but basically humanoid. Then he and Wanda could've had a happy family
    Yeah, Vision doesn't look like a robot. Ultron, Iron Man, and War Machine do though. Your idea actual has some strong logic and reasoning behind it. But I do think it is a bit weird and more importantly comic-booky. I think audiences generally like the transition from Jarvis into Vision and I think it was a brilliant idea used by Whedon. Spader was wasted. He's such a great actor. Really funny and could be menacing too. If Ultron was more threatening, I think he could have been such a compelling villain. But your comments only reinforce my thoughts on Simon. Without Vision, he doesn't have much of a purpose.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, Vision doesn't look like a robot. Ultron, Iron Man, and War Machine do though. Your idea actual has some strong logic and reasoning behind it. But I do think it is a bit weird and more importantly comic-booky. I think audiences generally like the transition from Jarvis into Vision and I think it was a brilliant idea used by Whedon. Spader was wasted. He's such a great actor. Really funny and could be menacing too. If Ultron was more threatening, I think he could have been such a compelling villain. But your comments only reinforce my thoughts on Simon. Without Vision, he doesn't have much of a purpose.
    Cool. I wasn't sure if my idea made any sense. But Vision looks more like an alien, partially because he's based on Golden Age Vision, who's real name was Aarkus. I think he was a green alien space cop.

Had Vision been human in the comics, he could've had a brother who filled the role Simon does in the Avengers (not the Grim Reaper I might add). Plus he and Wanda could've had actual children.

I like the Jarvis Vision relationship, but sometimes I would've liked human Jarvis to be in the series as well

I feel Ultron turned evil too quickly. The plot in the comics is a bit more unique, where Ultron has similar brain patterns to Ant-Man so he resents him for that. It would've been more distinct than AoU. And Spader would've done a good job anyway

All-New Member

Does anyone wonder what happened to the original shield? Thanos sliced it to pieces, but it could still be collected and maybe even put back together.

That's the shield that belongs in a museum, since it was the one Steve used in all hid adventures.

I don't know if others have seen it, but reactions to John Walker have been unhinged. I've never seen fandom froth at the mouth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:

What is Lemar Hoskins rank here?
    end of spoilers
    Sergeant-major, which is the most senior rank an enlisted soldier can have.

I don't agree with this. This would be like US states being all the same. And they distinguish between them even in the MCU. When they have characters traveling around in Civil War. Europe isn't one country. And for the MCU to do that to it would be incredibly simple and ignorant. And there is no imagination in having only one country represent it. And Hollywood already suffers the issue of thinking everyone in certain areas of Europe are all the same, or even worse Americanize them. Having so many different things in this huge universe Marvel has built in the MCU is one of the more attractive things about it. I hope they eventually add Atlantis as well. They luckily haven't done this with Europe so far.
    I agree with myself totally. I understand the variety of states within America very well indeed. Hell, I often joke that Florida is like two different states. The Panhandle region of Florida is WAY more Confederate than the rest of the state, and the southern part of it has this Caribbean vibe. I thought Europe was reflected amazingly well in this show. I got to see parts of the Czech Republic I never have before. And I'm not talking about big cities like Prague, but forests and highways. And I really enjoyed the scenes out of Switzerland as well. It featured this lovely little village with some cobblestone streets and what I thought to be an old city hall? I particularly enjoyed the exotic flavors of Tunisia that were shown in the first episode as well. I mean, you could make the argument that ALL North African countries (Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia and Sudan) are the same, but that's like saying all the states of New England are the same to me. The characters even spoke French, German and Arabic! All of these places and languages are REAL. There's some 7,000 languages in the world, and that's shrinking by the month. There are 195 nations on the planet. I would rather get to know and explore the more obscure locales and dialects before creating ever more fictional ones. That's one thing I always liked about Marvel more than DC (which I read more of), many of the cities in the Marvel Universe were real. Unlike DC, where there were places like Metropolis, Gotham and Coast City. The more fictional languages and places there are on the MCU Earth, the less like Earth it feels to me, you know?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-30-2021 at 12:56 PM.

All-New Member

Also, surprised at the disparity around Sharon's role. She hasn't shown yet, but she's third-billed in the credits. Barely in the trailers, but the crew have talked her up a fair amount. Also, I'd have expected a comic tie-in of sort.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    Does anyone wonder what happened to the original shield? Thanos sliced it to pieces, but it could still be collected and maybe even put back together.

That's the shield that belongs in a museum, since it was the one Steve used in all hid adventures.

I don't know if others have seen it, but reactions to John Walker have been unhinged. I've never seen fandom froth at the mouth like that.

Sergeant-major, which is the most senior rank an enlisted soldier can have.
    I wondered if the current shield was simply remade from the old one, a la Narsil.

As for Walker, he hasn't done anything terribly questionable yet IMO

I agree with myself totally. I understand the variety of states within America very well indeed. Hell, I was always joke that Florida is like two different states. The Panhandle region of Florida is WAY more Confederate than the rest of the state, and the southern part of it has this Caribbean vibe. I thought Europe was reflected amazingly well in this show. I got to see parts of the Czech Republic I have never have before. And I'm not talking about big cities like Prague, but forests and highways. And I really enjoyed the scenes out of Switzerland as well. It featured this lovely little village with some cobblestone streets and a what I thought to be an old city hall? I particularly enjoyed the exotic flavors of Tunisia that were shown in the first episode as well. I mean, you could make the argument that ALL North African countries (Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia and Sudan) are the same, but that's like saying all the states of New England are the same to me. The characters even spoke French, German and Arabic! All of these places and languages are REAL. There's some 7,000 languages in the world, and that's shrinking by the month. There are 195 nations on the planet. I would rather get to know and explore the more obscure locales and dialects before creating ever more fictional ones. That's one thing I always liked about Marvel more than DC (which I read more of), many of the cities in the Marvel Universe were real. Unlike DC, where there were places like Metropolis, Gotham and Coast City. The more fictional languages and places there are on the MCU Earth, the less like Earth it feels to me, you know?
    Wow, I never thought of it exactly like that, but I would like to see more real world locations and the diversity they reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    Also, surprised at the disparity around Sharon's role. She hasn't shown yet, but she's third-billed in the credits. Barely in the trailers, but the crew have talked her up a fair amount. Also, I'd have expected a comic tie-in of sort.
    I assume she'll get a bigger role in upcoming episodes.

Cool. I wasn't sure if my idea made any sense. But Vision looks more like an alien, partially because he's based on Golden Age Vision, who's real name was Aarkus. I think he was a green alien space cop.

Had Vision been human in the comics, he could've had a brother who filled the role Simon does in the Avengers (not the Grim Reaper I might add). Plus he and Wanda could've had actual children.

I like the Jarvis Vision relationship, but sometimes I would've liked human Jarvis to be in the series as well

I feel Ultron turned evil too quickly. The plot in the comics is a bit more unique, where Ultron has similar brain patterns to Ant-Man so he resents him for that. It would've been more distinct than AoU. And Spader would've done a good job anyway
    Yeah, I hear people refer to Vision as a "robot". But actually that's not entirely true. He's doesn't look like a Transformer to me. More like an alien like you said. If Vision had become a human, his and Wanda's relationship would definitely not be the same. And it wouldn't have been as original and weird. I like human Jarvis but, I think the MCU would have been accused of copying Batman's Alfred. I also think Ultron became evil too quickly as well. His comic book story was really interesting and complicated (but strangely in a really good way). His "daddy issues" with Hank make him such a fascinating character. But I understand why the MCU had Stark create him. Connecting Stark, Jarvis and Vision together was a pretty clever move in my opinion. And they capitalized on RDJ's popularity to do it. I also think Marvel Studios was worried about making Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and the Wasp because of their twisted and violent history together, so I understand why they made Tony the creator of Vision (along with Banner, Thor, Cho, and Ultron).

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I hear people refer to Vision as a "robot". But actually that's not entirely true. He's doesn't look like a Transformer to me. More like an alien like you said. If Vision had become a human, his and Wanda's relationship would definitely not be the same. And it wouldn't have been as original and weird. I like human Jarvis but, I think the MCU would have been accused of copying Batman's Alfred. I also think Ultron became evil too quickly as well. His comic book story was really interesting and complicated (but strangely in a really good way). His "daddy issues" with Hank make him such a fascinating character. But I understand why the MCU had Stark create him. Connecting Stark, Jarvis and Vision together was a pretty clever move in my opinion. And they capitalized on RDJ's popularity to do it. I also think Marvel Studios was worried about making Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and the Wasp because of their twisted and violent history together, so I understand why they made Tony the creator of Vision (along with Banner, Thor, Cho, and Ultron).
    They worried about Hank and Jan so the solution was to not use her at all? Makes no sense to me. she's the first female Avenger and more interesting IMO than Hawkeye or Black Widow

Technically Vision is a synthezoid, which is a humanoid lifeform with synthetic organs, if I remember correctly.

Jarvis basically is Tony's Alfred, tbh, but isn't he younger compared to Alfred?

At least with MCU Ultron they could have has his "daddy issues" although I always thought of Ultron as more of a twisted little "brother"

They worried about Hank and Jan so the solution was to not use her at all? Makes no sense to me. she's the first female Avenger and more interesting IMO than Hawkeye or Black Widow

Technically Vision is a synthezoid, which is a humanoid lifeform with synthetic organs, if I remember correctly.

Jarvis basically is Tony's Alfred, tbh, but isn't he younger compared to Alfred?

At least with MCU Ultron they could have has his "daddy issues" although I always thought of Ultron as more of a twisted little "brother"
    I think Marvel Studios was set on using Scott and Hope right from the beginning. I think Feige and Wright decided that early on. Hank and Janet are SO interesting to me, but because of that "slapping" incident, I think Disney got scared of having them be too prominent. I always thought Jarvis was old like Alfred! I always considered Hank to be Ultron's father, because I think Ultron literally called him that when he was first created.

I agree with myself totally. I understand the variety of states within America very well indeed. Hell, I often joke that Florida is like two different states. The Panhandle region of Florida is WAY more Confederate than the rest of the state, and the southern part of it has this Caribbean vibe. I thought Europe was reflected amazingly well in this show. I got to see parts of the Czech Republic I never have before. And I'm not talking about big cities like Prague, but forests and highways. And I really enjoyed the scenes out of Switzerland as well. It featured this lovely little village with some cobblestone streets and a what I thought to be an old city hall? I particularly enjoyed the exotic flavors of Tunisia that were shown in the first episode as well. I mean, you could make the argument that ALL North African countries (Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia and Sudan) are the same, but that's like saying all the states of New England are the same to me. The characters even spoke French, German and Arabic! All of these places and languages are REAL. There's some 7,000 languages in the world, and that's shrinking by the month. There are 195 nations on the planet. I would rather get to know and explore the more obscure locales and dialects before creating ever more fictional ones. That's one thing I always liked about Marvel more than DC (which I read more of), many of the cities in the Marvel Universe were real. Unlike DC, where there were places like Metropolis, Gotham and Coast City. The more fictional languages and places there are on the MCU Earth, the less like Earth it feels to me, you know?
    Well it's definitely valid to want real locales. Technically Transia was located in Serbia on Handbook maps and Latveria in or around Hungary. So they have locations in actual countries of the real world. They are just fictional because of the creative process and that Doom isn't factually a leader of Hungary. So he's instead a leader of the fictional Latveria.

Ultimate Member

I think Marvel Studios was set on using Scott and Hope right from the beginning. I think Feige and Wright decided that early on. Hank and Janet are SO interesting to me, but because of that "slapping" incident, I think Disney got scared of having them be too prominent. I always thought Jarvis was old like Alfred! I always considered Hank to be Ultron's father, because I think Ultron literally called him that when he was first created.
    that's true, he did call him "father." I just always interpreted them more as brothers because they have similar brains.

I get why Disney was uneasy, but if Janet was a victim, the answer isn't dropping her while still keeping Hank

They wanted to use Hank and Jan at first. Jan was even in concept art for the Avengers. It's just that the Ant-Man script took so long, all that got scrapped.

Ultimate Member

They wanted to use Hank and Jan at first. Jan was even in concept art for the Avengers. It's just that the Ant-Man script took so long, all that got scrapped.
    yeah, that's true. Kinda sucks for Jan. Plus we had to wait until AoU for an actual heroine with powers, and then for AMaW to actually see Wasp in action, and still neither Wasp interacted with the wider Avengers