Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...arter-respect/

Sharon proves that she's badass. She kinda gave me a Mockingbird vibe for a moment.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not in the slightest. Guy risked his life to save the planet and was ready to go solo against Thanos and his forces. We don't know what happened with Sharon or why Sam and Bucky aren't in prison. Steve went back to an alternate timeline to be with Peggy so what he did there had no effect on this universe. Why do you think nothing changed when he got back to our timeline?

Watch the show.
    Funny you ignored how I said that Steve decided segregation, same-sex relationships being illegal, and massive inequality is fine as long as he gets some pussy from a chick he barely knew. According to the Russos all he cared about when arriving in the 40s was getting Peggy as his prize and not saving the person he claimed to be his best friend from HYDRA. Also considering the writers said that Steve just did a stable time loop while the directors say he went to an alternate timeline we know Marvel has no idea what they pulled, no matter what Steve comes out looking like a douche since he either did nothing for 70+ years or he went to an alternate timeline which he then abandoned once his girl died. Hope they didn't reproduce if they did it means right after they buried mummy daddy just left them with a shallow goodbye to hang with people he didn't give a rats ass about for the five years they were dead instead crying over a girl he kissed once.
    I will watch the show when it starts.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    You do remember that Bucky, Sam, and Wanda were also Snapped so they couldn't have gotten a pardon either.
    Guess Steve is just a plain douche to her since she sacrificed her career and being made an international criminal for him and he didn't do **** for her before going back to enjoy segregation, HYDRA becoming a cancer within SHIELD, and letting Bucky be tortured for 70+ years as long as he got some ass from the chick that he spent a grand total time of a month with beforehand. Endgame!Steve is a douche.
    Endgame!Steve is also hella creepy. He and Peggy never actually were able to fully explore what it meant to have a relationship, so he spent a decade 10+ angsting about a woman who had moved on from him. He then created an alternate reality to go back to a point in time where she would be most amenable to him, which honestly is kinda icky when you consider power dynamics and the breadth of knowledge he had over Peggy's life. Could she make a fully informed decision in being with him? What happened to the Steve in the ice? Why would she pick Endgame!Steve -- who would honestly be a different person because almost none of us is the same person as we were 10 years ago -- over the person in the ice who is closer to her lived experience?

To be honest, if anyone other than Steve pulled the "create an alternate universe to get a perfect life" card, they would be considered designated villain. It's basically playing God with an AU.

That being said, I am hopeful we get some good character development for Sharon, Bucky, and Sam out of this show. I think one of the bigger tragedies of the structure of the Captain America movies was that the Cap supporting cast was never able to really grow and develop. I want to see Bucky get a personality that isn't 'sad' and Sharon get the credit she deserves.

Funny you ignored how I said that Steve decided segregation, same-sex relationships being illegal, and massive inequality is fine as long as he gets some pussy from a chick he barely knew. According to the Russos all he cared about when arriving in the 40s was getting Peggy as his prize and not saving the person he claimed to be his best friend from HYDRA. Also considering the writers said that Steve just did a stable time loop while the directors say he went to an alternate timeline we know Marvel has no idea what they pulled, no matter what Steve comes out looking like a douche since he either did nothing for 70+ years or he went to an alternate timeline which he then abandoned once his girl died. Hope they didn't reproduce if they did it means right after they buried mummy daddy just left them with a shallow goodbye to hang with people he didn't give a rats ass about for the five years they were dead instead crying over a girl he kissed once.
    Bloody hell did the fictional character Steve Rogers not call you back after a passionate night or something??

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Endgame!Steve is also hella creepy. He and Peggy never actually were able to fully explore what it meant to have a relationship, so he spent a decade 10+ angsting about a woman who had moved on from him. He then created an alternate reality to go back to a point in time where she would be most amenable to him, which honestly is kinda icky when you consider power dynamics and the breadth of knowledge he had over Peggy's life. Could she make a fully informed decision in being with him? What happened to the Steve in the ice? Why would she pick Endgame!Steve -- who would honestly be a different person because almost none of us is the same person as we were 10 years ago -- over the person in the ice who is closer to her lived experience?

To be honest, if anyone other than Steve pulled the "create an alternate universe to get a perfect life" card, they would be considered designated villain. It's basically playing God with an AU.

That being said, I am hopeful we get some good character development for Sharon, Bucky, and Sam out of this show. I think one of the bigger tragedies of the structure of the Captain America movies was that the Cap supporting cast was never able to really grow and develop. I want to see Bucky get a personality that isn't 'sad' and Sharon get the credit she deserves.
    Thats a bit of a reach mate lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The rumor is that spoilers:
    Part of Ross' role in Black Widow is setting up the Thunderbolts. Kellyman is reportedly a version of Songbird, Miki Ishikawa is reportedly Jolt, and Desmond Chiam may be Fixer. And of course Zemo, who's already confirmed, though I could see them giving Walker that sort of role. It sounds like they wont be doing the "fake supehero" angle though
    end of spoilers
    I hope this is true. I hope they don't kill off Zemo in this. He has too much potential.

Bruce told Steve not to do anything to change this timeline which is why Steve went to an alternate. And since we don't see the timeline that Steve lived in, we don't know what changes were made there. But you feel what you feel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Bloody hell did the fictional character Steve Rogers not call you back after a passionate night or something??
    I'm a mentally stable person that is able to remember characters are fictional (unlike the people that harassed Emily Van Camp), but I do hate when characters are massive douchebags to the people they claim to care about, refuse to move on over a crush from nearly a decade ago that moved on from them, abandoned friends right after a major traumatic experience, only cares about his boner, can't be bothered to say goodbye to them, only cared about getting his prize and not saving a person he claims to be his friend from a terrorist group, having the time decide that "yes the 40s is a great era to start living in", (by implication) walked out on his spawn once his prize croaked, (by implication) being unable to love anyone but the first chick that was nice to him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope this is true. I hope they don't kill off Zemo in this. He has too much potential.
    I don't think they will kill Zemo. Like you said, there's too much story potential and we still have to see him become a semi-heroic character in the future.

I'm a mentally stable person that is able to remember characters are fictional (unlike the people that harassed Emily Van Camp), but I do hate when characters are massive douchebags to the people they claim to care about, refuse to move on over a crush from nearly a decade ago that moved on from them, abandoned friends right after a major traumatic experience, only cares about his boner, can't be bothered to say goodbye to them, only cared about getting his prize and not saving a person he claims to be his friend from a terrorist group, having the time decide that "yes the 40s is a great era to start living in", (by implication) walked out on his spawn once his prize croaked, (by implication) being unable to love anyone but the first chick that was nice to him.
    Weren't his feelings reciprocated? The events of the first avenger took place over 2 years and I don't think she really got over him all that much, considering she talked about him in Winter Soldier and still had his picture in Endgame? It's implied he talked to Bucky before going and still showed up to tell Sam what happened lol. We also don't know what else he got up to from the 40s onwards (idk if it's defined as alternate timeline or our timeline but until it's defined in universe it could be either). I personally think the guy deserved to go back and try carve out a life for himself. I would argue that the implications don't mean anything til things get cleared up in universe so I'm gonna ignore the one about his "spawn". And before going into the ice Steve would have definitely had more women being nice to him. I'd argue his and Peggy's relationship was justified. I'm sure once he went back, if she didn't want him he'd have accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Weren't his feelings reciprocated? The events of the first avenger took place over 2 years and I don't think she really got over him all that much, considering she talked about him in Winter Soldier and still had his picture in Endgame? It's implied he talked to Bucky before going and still showed up to tell Sam what happened lol. We also don't know what else he got up to from the 40s onwards (idk if it's defined as alternate timeline or our timeline but until it's defined in universe it could be either). I personally think the guy deserved to go back and try carve out a life for himself. I would argue that the implications don't mean anything til things get cleared up in universe so I'm gonna ignore the one about his "spawn". And before going into the ice Steve would have definitely had more women being nice to him. I'd argue his and Peggy's relationship was justified. I'm sure once he went back, if she didn't want him he'd have accepted it.
    I think it's an alternate timeline. Everything else prior to him leaving still happened and Bruce warned him not to do anything to affect this timeline. And you're right, it's not like Steve left to go fulfill some schoolboy crush. As we saw in The First Avengers, Steve and Peggy had started to develop a relationship.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The name of Erin Kellyman character from the trailer is confirmed to be spoilers:
    Karli Morgenthau, so she's just a gender bent version of Flag-Smasher then
    end of spoilers

I'm wondering what role will Rhodey play in the series. Will he be like their handler or at some point will he have to go after them? Maybe he's the one who brought Sam and Bucky in or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The name of Erin Kellyman character from the trailer is confirmed to be spoilers:
    Karli Morgenthau, so she's just a gender bent version of Flag-Smasher then
    end of spoilers
    Okay, that makes sense. I just had a hard time with Melissa being the head of Ultimatum or being Flagsmasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think it's an alternate timeline. Everything else prior to him leaving still happened and Bruce warned him not to do anything to affect this timeline. And you're right, it's not like Steve left to go fulfill some schoolboy crush. As we saw in The First Avengers, Steve and Peggy had started to develop a relationship.
    At the end of the day as well, Steve is from the 40s, I think it makes sense he'd want to go back there. He could have helped with race relations, lgbt rights etc in his own way - we just don't know. Some people are making it sound like his choice to go back to his original time means he's a racist, as if doing that directly caused atrocities... He was a literal man out if time that woke up in a time that wasn't his own, then continued to fight for the world, and volunteered for good causes after the snap. I think he deserved a chance to go back to where he felt less out of place and retire. If any of his (very) capable super friends felt shafted, then they're the selfish ones.