Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Personally I think bucky was in tears in this first scene because of how beautiful this Dora is. Watching now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Do you think it was really necessary to make spoilers:
    Walker go that far?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I'm sorry I truly don't understand it, you mean power levels in MCU are more strict or
    power levels are more strict in comics.
    More strict in MCU

humans get wrecked by peak humans

peak humans get wrecked by spider-man

thor, hulk, captain marvel and the like are clearly stronger than the others.

They tend to stay in their tiers, outside of extreme scenarios (cap outsmarting spidey for instance)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Walker go that far?
    end of spoilers
    in 6 episodes? by episode 4?

Yes, gotta get to the part where sam is unquestionably better for the role.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I hope so. spoilers:
    Doing otherwise in a show ostensibly concerned with racial issues to some extent could be in poor taste
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is a paralyzed Battlestar that much better? That’ll be the second time Marvel has crippled a black best friend for some good ol white man anger.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Walker go that far?
    end of spoilers
    Yes...
    spoilers:
    that Flag Smasher is the equivalent of the Watchdogs who killed Walker's parents.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, at some point Walker was going to have to lose it because that's who the character is.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    spoilers:
    Is a paralyzed Battlestar that much better? That’ll be the second time Marvel has crippled a black best friend for some good ol white man anger.
    end of spoilers
    Not really. spoilers:
    I didn't think him getting hurt was necessary.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes...
    spoilers:
    that Flag Smasher is the equivalent of the Watchdogs who killed Walker's parents.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, at some point Walker was going to have to lose it because that's who the character is.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but didn't spoilers:
    John get somewhat reformed in the comics? Idk if him killing someone is needed
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Not really. spoilers:
    I didn't think him getting hurt was necessary.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, but didn't spoilers:
    John get somewhat reformed in the comics? Idk if him killing someone is needed
    end of spoilers
    He reformed spoilers:
    after leaving a body count...including 2 former friends.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Walker go that far?
    end of spoilers
    Yes. The entire allegory of the serum, going all the way back to The First Avenger, is that the serum brings out what is inside of people. spoilers:
    Walker sought power for power's sake. Not for a cause, or to help bring about change, like Karli. Not because doing his part was what was important to him, like Steve. Walker sought, craved, demanded power. And purely so that he could be better than others, so that he could inflict violence on them. That's exactly the kind of person who should NEVER have it. He's the conclusion of Zemo's ravings about super soldiers. Walker is just short of the absolute worst case scenario, that being someone charismatic enough to turn that physical power into a cult of personality, like the Red Skull. Thankfully Walker doesn't seem to be capable of that through sheer force of his personality, but I suppose we'll see where he goes.

The only people we've seen use the serum and remain stable are those who don't want or seek power, but merely have it thrust upon them. Steve, who didn't want to kill even his enemies, was gifted the power because he was the guy determined to do his part, and willing to sacrifice and even potentially die to see it through. Bucky never had a choice, it was done TO him, not FOR him. And, perhaps deliberately, Bucky has carefully avoided making most of the choices about when and who to fight. Much like when he was the Winter Soldier, and he was pointed at targets, he now more or less follows Sam's lead, as he did Steve's before Endgame. He fights when someone he believes in lets him know that it's the right time to do so. Or when he has to defend himself, which speaks for itself. Bucky is afraid of the power inside him, and I think we can all agree that's understandable and probably appropriate to an extent.

The unknown is Isaiah. But he certainly appears to fall into the Steve category on first view. All his anger, all his justified frustration at the way he was treated, but you don't see him leading terrorists down the street. For all his power, he hasn't directed it even at those who harmed him, that we can tell. That could obviously change in the last few episodes, but I don't know that I expect it will.

So, yes. I feel like Walker had to go this far. Because he was always going to, given these circumstances. It might not have happened this quickly otherwise, but he was always going to go to this place. And it falls to Sam and Buck to address the red, white and blue problem in the room.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yes. The entire allegory of the serum, going all the way back to The First Avenger, is that the serum brings out what is inside of people. spoilers:
    Walker sought power for power's sake. Not for a cause, or to help bring about change, like Karli. Not because doing his part was what was important to him, like Steve. Walker sought, craved, demanded power. And purely so that he could be better than others, so that he could inflict violence on them. That's exactly the kind of person who should NEVER have it. He's the conclusion of Zemo's ravings about super soldiers. Walker is just short of the absolute worst case scenario, that being someone charismatic enough to turn that physical power into a cult of personality, like the Red Skull. Thankfully Walker doesn't seem to be capable of that through sheer force of his personality, but I suppose we'll see where he goes.

The only people we've seen use the serum and remain stable are those who don't want or seek power, but merely have it thrust upon them. Steve, who didn't want to kill even his enemies, was gifted the power because he was the guy determined to do his part, and willing to sacrifice and even potentially die to see it through. Bucky never had a choice, it was done TO him, not FOR him. And, perhaps deliberately, Bucky has carefully avoided making most of the choices about when and who to fight. Much like when he was the Winter Soldier, and he was pointed at targets, he now more or less follows Sam's lead, as he did Steve's before Endgame. He fights when someone he believes in lets him know that it's the right time to do so. Or when he has to defend himself, which speaks for itself. Bucky is afraid of the power inside him, and I think we can all agree that's understandable and probably appropriate to an extent.

The unknown is Isaiah. But he certainly appears to fall into the Steve category on first view. All his anger, all his justified frustration at the way he was treated, but you don't see him leading terrorists down the street. For all his power, he hasn't directed it even at those who harmed him, that we can tell. That could obviously change in the last few episodes, but I don't know that I expect it will.

So, yes. I feel like Walker had to go this far. Because he was always going to, given these circumstances. It might not have happened this quickly otherwise, but he was always going to go to this place. And it falls to Sam and Buck to address the red, white and blue problem in the room.
    end of spoilers
    I think it is a little more than that for Walker....spoilers:
    He does not want power just to have power...but to win the fight he has been thrown into. Not exactly as altruistic as Steve...but not a selfish "I want power for power's sake"
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I just don't know if spoilers:
    Walker can continue after this
    end of spoilers

And i think spoilers:
    Sam was already worthy
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think Walker craves power for powers sake because he's in that situation because he feels like he has to stop bad guys and prove himself against the expectations and demand of the identity he's been thrust into, one he took on because he wanted to serve his country and do good.

He just doesn't have the same inherently moral nature that defined Steve as Captain America that could bring him back from the brink. Because that's what Battlestar was to Walker.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I just don't know if spoilers:
    Walker can continue after this
    end of spoilers
    why not...realistically spoilers:
    all he did was kill a terrorist...instead of in the middle of the night in a camp in the middle of the desert he did it in broad daylight in a town square with a bunch of cel phones recording it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If they treat the T-Bolts like Marvel's Suicide Squad, it would pretty easy to fit Walker in.

He'll just be US Agent then because he can't be Cap anymore.
    end of spoilers