Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1552

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think it was the second thing.

The whole point of flag smashers was that, after half the world disapeared... countries openly welcomed "undesirables" and refugees and stuff to help rebuild and occupy places.

So, a bunch of people who had nothing and were looked down upon finally had homes, communities, ect.

Then, magically, everyone came back, and the governments told these people to GTFO and go back to where they came from basically.

the GRC right now is meeting to put these people in camps or whatever.

You can see both sides of it, which makes fo ra healthy debate on WTF to do, but it is definitely being framed as "government/GRC bad..." which is probably why they had karli blow up a building just to make sure we knew she was bad lol
    Yep. The Flag Smashers have legitimate gripes, but since they're "antagonists" in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, they have to be shown to be "evil". This fact has been noted elsewhere:

https://collider.com/falcon-and-wint...lain-problems/

Extraordinary Member

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    83%

Something does not add up here on RT.
    Currently the AVERAGE TOMATOMETER for the whole show is at 83% but it should be higher.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 1
    TOMATOMETER
    93%

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 2
    TOMATOMETER
    100%

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 3
    TOMATOMETER
    84%

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 4
    TOMATOMETER
    89%

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 5
    TOMATOMETER
    100%
    None of individual episiodes are below 83% and even if one episode was a little abit below 83% the average rating should/would be higher.

Anyway i was thinking it will be corrected after season 1 is over.

Episode was solid enough.

[puts speculation hat on]

spoilers:
    Sharon's gotta be a skrull, right? RIGHT? About the only way to buy this massive heel turn TBH. Still don't think Emily can act though lol
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Overall enjoyable episode...but I do take issue with a some things....
    spoilers:

1. John deserved a better showing. Seems like he showed up to get beat down. I would have preferred for there to be a brutal fight with John holding his own against a group of Flag Smashers.

2. John as U.S. Agent...with no shield. At least they could have given him an energy shield...when he comes out in the black suit at the end he hits a button on his glove and it pops up on his left wrist.

3. Sharon...really??? Way to completely destroy a great character from the comics.
    end of spoilers

Edit to quote....

spoilers:
    Sharon's gotta be a skrull, right? RIGHT? About the only way to buy this massive heel turn TBH. Still don't think Emily can act though lol
    end of spoilers
    OK...this I can get behind...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

OK...this I can get behind...
    I honestly don't care about her at all and don' tlike the actress but yeah... would make more IN UNIVERSE sense.

Oh and damn...

spoilers:
    Zemo preps better than peak Batgod, Yeesh, if I were USAgent, Bucky, Isiah, or any other super soldier, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

1, 2, Zemo coming for you.
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's what I've been thinking.

spoilers:
    I thought the John Walker stuff wrapped up weirdly. I feel like they tried to redeem him at the last minute, but I was just not comfortable with Sam and Bucky working with him when he had JUST tried to kill them both last episode. I know his story is going to continue as USAgent, but I feel like that reveal should have been more sinister instead of all happy-go-lucky with him and his wife cheering and hugging.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought the John Walker stuff wrapped up weirdly. I feel like they tried to redeem him at the last minute, but I was just not comfortable with Sam and Bucky working with him when he had JUST tried to kill them both last episode. I know his story is going to continue as USAgent, but I feel like that reveal should have been more sinister instead of all happy-go-lucky with him and his wife cheering and hugging.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    considering who he is working with, id imagine it will get more sinister.

I liked they made him more heroic at the end. Dude was never a "bad" guy until the serum messed with this brain. He was always a decorated soldier who at one point was worthy of the shield. THe show needed to correct back to thta after making him look like an egotistical doushe executioner for a few episodes lol
    end of spoilers

All I gotta say is Sharon good for you Boo!!

Fantastic Member

Sharon has reached her Reputation-era.

Like I said in the other thread:
    spoilers:
    ~It was Sharon all along.~

It could still be a Skrull but I wouldn't mind if this is the path she goes down.

Anyone think this is set up for Armor Wars? Sharon sells a bunch of Stark tech to the highest bidder. Rhodey has to clean it up. Sharon will be the Big Bad.

Also, how many bona-fide good guys have been turned into villains in the adaptations?

end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    considering who he is working with, id imagine it will get more sinister.

I liked they made him more heroic at the end. Dude was never a "bad" guy until the serum messed with this brain. He was always a decorated soldier who at one point was worthy of the shield. THe show needed to correct back to thta after making him look like an egotistical doushe executioner for a few episodes lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is assuming Val is evil and not good. We don't know enough about her yet to make a decision one way or the other. She could very well be doing Nick Fury's shtick of recruiting good guys. We have John and Monica...gonna have Kate soon...This could just be the beginning of Val's recruiting drive.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All I gotta say is Sharon good for you Boo!!
    I would pay to watch Peggy Carter slap her niece with a walking stick for what she pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:
    This is assuming Val is evil and not good. We don't know enough about her yet to make a decision one way or the other. She could very well be doing Nick Fury's shtick of recruiting good guys. We have John and Monica...gonna have Kate soon...This could just be the beginning of Val's recruiting drive.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Val wasn't in wandavision?

if shes recruiting people, why not Sam and Bucky then?

She didn't come off as wholesome lol
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope not. Keep aliens away from Cap's orbit.

Sharon's turn does make sense. She was abandoned by Cap and Sam post Civil War. They did nothing for her when they became fugitives and still nothing after Sam received a pardon and didn't think about her until he ran into her in Madipoor. I don't blame her for being disillusioned.
    end of spoilers