Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1552
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    Val wasn't in wandavision?

if shes recruiting people, why not Sam and Bucky then?

She didn't come off as wholesome lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Val was suppose to debut in Black Widow. If Taskmaster survived the film maybe he gets recruited
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    considering who he is working with, id imagine it will get more sinister.

I liked they made him more heroic at the end. Dude was never a "bad" guy until the serum messed with this brain. He was always a decorated soldier who at one point was worthy of the shield. THe show needed to correct back to thta after making him look like an egotistical doushe executioner for a few episodes lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Idk man they were implying that he committed war crimes as a soldier and he was clearly slipping before the serum. Before this episode I think they were doing a good job of equally escalating Carli and John, but this episode they went all in on Carli and then backpedaled with John.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Captain America Reborn! Seeing Sam fly in their with a comic-accurate FalCap suit straight from the comics was absolutely glorious. I'm amazed how well that suit looks in live-action. And then he's swinging that shield around, busting down bad guy, like Captain America. Sam sure knows how to make his debut like it's the climax of a Superhero movie. He even got to start off fighting Batroc, a classic Cap villain.

Oh hey, the Wakandans rebuilt Redwing too! And they gave Sam double.

Karli...is kind of the worst. Like, endangering and kidnapping all those people is one thing, the innocent people she's killed, claiming a soldier who fought in WW2 and was brainwashed by a terrorist organization doesn't know about causes to believe in, basically saying the guy she killed didn't matter to his best friend, and then about to shoot Sam when he was constantly trying to de-escalate the fight. Like, it is really hard for me to feel pity for her by the end.

I gotta admit, I thought Walker was actually going to abandon the truck to get to Karli, but he saves the people and then teams-up with Sam and Bucky. He managed to redeem himself and prove he's not that far gone.

So, yeah, Sharon Carter is the Power Broker. Of all the indignities I've seen of the MCU's treatment of Sharon Carter, a storied, historic, and iconic member of the Captain America mythos, turning her into a villain is absolutely the worst. And she also gets away with it, get her pardon, and gets her in with the government to do her Power Broker job even further. Gah, I hate this. Can this Sharon just be a Skrull?

(Also kind of ticked she killed Batroc off, but c'est la vie).

I can't believe Bucky and Walker stopped the rest of the Flag-Smashers by calling a SWAT team on them. Talk about mundane. And Walker may not be Steve Rogers, but he's still pretty hokey.

I think Sam gave the Flag-Smashers too much credit, but that was a Cap level speech to the gathered people about the struggle and how important it is to work together and do right by the people whose fates you hold in your hand and may not be as privileged as you are. I think he was kind of stretching it comparing them to Thanos, but I at least got where he was coming from.

Just in case you thought the world would still have a bunch of Super Soldiers, Zemo's butler proves to be the hidden MVP and blows them up, Zemo finally accomplishing what he set out to do and sitting pretty comfortably in his cell at The Raft. So much for the Flag-Smashers.

Bucky finally reveals to Yori what happened to his son and finally seems at peace with himself, even if it means completely moving on. But at least he and Sam are proper buddies now.

I'm glad Isaiah got to see Sam as a black Captain America and give him some credit, and it was terrific of Sam to make sure Isaiah got his own wing of the Captain America museum, so everyone will now always know and remember who he is and what he did for that country.

So the Contessa turns Walker into US Agent, which is literally just a pallete swap of Walker into his US Agent colors, but I guess I'm glad things worked out for Walker. I just hope he's up to whatever is in store for him as US Agent. Will he keep his shield with the medal?

"Captain America and the Winter Soldier" You know it.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Sharon stans are spoilers:
    very mad about the Power Brok rnreval, calling it character assassination, when this is the first time since she was first in the Winter Soldier movie Sharon has had an actual personality.
    end of spoilers

I remember being one of, if the not first person on the boards to say that Karli was miscast. Yes, I know that certain actors can surprise you but some things are just so obvious that there is no need to take a wait and see approach.

As for complaints about the action, it's thirty-percent right and seventy-percent us being spoiled because we have seen so much good stuff. The action was still good.

I have no problem with the direction they went in with Sharon. Folks, she was nothing more than a love interest before. This is a step up, a big one.

"The Black Falcon" at 19:28 "A man shouts out. That's the Black Falcon there. I tell you!" This is stupid. Really stupid. It was stupid the first time the writers did this. It's stupid now. And it's stupid to try to defend it. Yet some people actually did. The Avenges are some of the most recognizable people on Earth. You have Black Panther. You have Falcon. You War Machine. All black males. Only one has black in his name. Now if you want to make META commentary about black comic characters it still fails because Falcon was never called Black Falcon and the majority of people watching this show don't know the long history of comic characters with Black in front of their names. So the only thing they come away with is that anyone who says this is clearly an idiot. Who always says this? A black character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    very mad about the Power Brok rnreval, calling it character assassination, when this is the first time since she was first in the Winter Soldier movie Sharon has had an actual personality.
    end of spoilers
    I don't care about her.

I just found the motivations weird and off and can't make heads or tails why they did what they did throughout the show if this was the payoff. Kinda clunky
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    end of spoilers
    What's there to assassinate? She was nothing more than a love interest in previous appearances. She didn't have enough of a character to kill anything. She got something to work with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's there to assassinate? She was nothing more than a love interest in previous appearances. She didn't have enough of a character to kill anything. She got something to work with now.
    It's character assassination compared to her in the comics.

I can't believe how much they've screwed Sharon up compared to her aunt.

Where's my evil Peggy AU?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Fans of comics Sharon watched as her MCU role got cut down to almost nothing (because Black Widow in Winter Soldier basically got the role Sharon plays in the comics) and now that she finally gets a decent role, it's... well... very different from the comics version -- though a bit closer in personality to the angry, bitter Sharon of Mark Waid's Captain America run.

I felt the same way about Agatha Harkness becoming a villain in the MCU when she's never been anything but a good guy in the comics. But I suppose both Agatha and Sharon have room to grow when they come back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Fans of comics Sharon watched as her MCU role got cut down to almost nothing (because Black Widow in Winter Soldier basically got the role Sharon plays in the comics) and now that she finally gets a decent role, it's... well... very different from the comics version -- though a bit closer in personality to the angry, bitter Sharon of Mark Waid's Captain America run.

I felt the same way about Agatha Harkness becoming a villain in the MCU when she's never been anything but a good guy in the comics. But I suppose both Agatha and Sharon have room to grow when they come back.
    Villainizing two female good guys in the MCU seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

At least Waid Sharon was still ostensibly a good guy, just a cranky and more anti-heroic one, but Sharon's just a plain villain.

Agatha even got to ostensibly still be Wanda's mentor, but I doubt they're going in a good direction with Sharon.

To be honest I don't think this show did an amazing job with its female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    good my ability to tolerate sharon in books erodes further every day
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    good my ability to tolerate sharon in books erodes further every day
    You don't like Sharon? Or is it Coates Sharon?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Villainizing two female good guys in the MCU seems odd to me.
    The MCU honestly isn't great with its female characters. In Endgame, there were several group scenes that had a talking raccoon, but not a woman. Not to mention the ickiness of the female characters being the ones to be sacrificed for the stone, with vaguely uncomfortable messaging like "your abuser actually truly loves you" and "i don't have a family, so it's better I go".

Within the adaptation of Captain America characters from page to film, I do hate that the most prominent female character in the lore had by far the worst adaptation and character consistency. Bucky and Sam had great screentime and arcs. Even Zemo, who has a history of Nazism, sort of got turned in a cool meme and nuanced villain. Sharon was a fairly flat character in the films, did a few heroics, and then is turned into a villain with not exploration of how she got there.

I admit I'm biased toward Sharon. When I was a teen girl getting into comics years and years ago, one of the first Marvel series I read was Brubaker's Captain America, and I thought she was a total badass and definitely took the character. Her MCU adaptation has been nothing but disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would pay to watch Peggy Carter slap her niece with a walking stick for what she pulled.
    Look when the world don't look out for you, you gotta look after yourself she did what she had to do.