Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1552
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    The MCU honestly isn't great with its female characters. In Endgame, there were several group scenes that had a talking raccoon, but not a woman. Not to mention the ickiness of the female characters being the ones to be sacrificed for the stone, with vaguely uncomfortable messaging like "your abuser actually truly loves you" and "i don't have a family, so it's better I go".

Within the adaptation of Captain America characters from page to film, I do hate that the most prominent female character in the lore had by far the worst adaptation and character consistency. Bucky and Sam had great screentime and arcs. Even Zemo, who has a history of Nazism, sort of got turned in a cool meme and nuanced villain. Sharon was a fairly flat character in the films, did a few heroics, and then is turned into a villain with not exploration of how she got there.

I admit I'm biased toward Sharon. When I was a teen girl getting into comics years and years ago, one of the first Marvel series I read was Brubaker's Captain America, and I thought she was a total badass and definitely took the character. Her MCU adaptation has been nothing but disappointment.
    Yeah, the MCU needs to do way better with female characters. All the love interests in these movies get sidelined, for the most part. Frankly I don't even like the term "love interest"

And sacrificing BW for lame-o Hawkeye didn't sit well with me, even though I'm not her biggest fan

Also I didn't agree with Sam at the end Karli was a terrorist period point blank reasoning aside she did what she did which was terrorism like cut the BS Sam I got his overall point but the rest of that **** was for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also I didn't agree with Sam at the end Karli was a terrorist period point blank reasoning aside she did what she did which was terrorism like cut the BS Sam I got his overall point but the rest of that **** was for the birds.
    For the birds? I think what you meant to say is....for the drones.

Get it?!

I'll see myself out....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Get it?!

I'll see myself out....
    We're talking about Falcon, not Wasp

Get it?!

I'll see myself out....

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, the MCU needs to do way better with female characters. All the love interests in these movies get sidelined, for the most part. Frankly I don't even like the term "love interest"

And sacrificing BW for lame-o Hawkeye didn't sit well with me, even though I'm not her biggest fan
    Hawkeye had more to lose than Widow. It made sense to me why she would be the "preferable" sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hawkeye had more to lose than Widow. It made sense to me why she would be the "preferable" sacrifice.
    Yeah but MCU clint is just so meh! Like he could have gone no one would have cared. Hopefully his show changes that for him.

We're talking about Falcon, not Wasp
    Redwing was a bird, but in the movies he was replaced by a drone. Wait, am I not getting something...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

He was a violent murderer, and a boring ass character. And Quicksilver was already sacrificed for him. But she can't have children, so bye

Redwing was a bird, but in the movies he was replaced by a drone. Wait, am I not getting something...
    Haha, maybe not

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He was a violent murderer, and a boring ass character. And Quicksilver was already sacrificed for him. But she can't have children, so bye

Haha, maybe not
    Nobody gonna cry for the type of people he killed as Ronin. He was performing a service.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly...and they tried to make the terrorist more sympathetic than one of the people trying to stop her.

My argument about that moment on Vormir is that Clint had already lost what he loved most...his wife and kids. So why did either of them have to die to get the stone?

Astonishing Member

"your abuser actually truly loves you"
    I've interpreted it more like "Even if your abuser love you, he will still kill you."

Nobody gonna cry for the type of people he killed as Ronin. He was performing a service.
    PunisheRonin

I think the plotline in EG was a gigantic waste of time but yeah, big deal he was a murderer lol. Widow got red on her ledger too remember?

Can we get Frank Castle to show up in the Hawkeye series? Just knock on the door in the first episode and og, "ready to go murder bud? I heard you like the murder now?"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The MCU honestly isn't great with its female characters. In Endgame, there were several group scenes that had a talking raccoon, but not a woman. Not to mention the ickiness of the female characters being the ones to be sacrificed for the stone, with vaguely uncomfortable messaging like "your abuser actually truly loves you" and "i don't have a family, so it's better I go".

Within the adaptation of Captain America characters from page to film, I do hate that the most prominent female character in the lore had by far the worst adaptation and character consistency. Bucky and Sam had great screentime and arcs. Even Zemo, who has a history of Nazism, sort of got turned in a cool meme and nuanced villain. Sharon was a fairly flat character in the films, did a few heroics, and then is turned into a villain with not exploration of how she got there.

I admit I'm biased toward Sharon. When I was a teen girl getting into comics years and years ago, one of the first Marvel series I read was Brubaker's Captain America, and I thought she was a total badass and definitely took the character. Her MCU adaptation has been nothing but disappointment.
    I just remember that all female hero moment and thinking how none of those women had ever really interacted with or talked with each other prior to that moment.
    Look when the world don't look out for you, you gotta look after yourself she did what she had to do.
    Waid Sharon did too. Didn't become the Power Broker though.
    Yeah, the Flag-Smashers were terrorists. Karli especially. They didn't need to deny it even though Sam was just trying to make a point.

I get we were supposed to sympathize with their motivations but Karli being terrible kind of hurt that aspect.

The Flag-Smashers were basically the Hayward of this show.

Ultimate Member

What about due process? What gives him the right to murder people? He's not the law