Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Themysciran Cuisine

As a promotion for the Synder cut of Justice League Wonderland is creating a meal kit based on food brands found within the DCU. There's stuff like Big Belly Burger, and Jitters Coffee. There's a hidden meal here only described as ancient Themyscian Fire

https://wonderland-at-home.myshopify.com/

Since the rest of the meals are based on stuff found within DC what could this possibly be?

There's a dark humor joke about Brian Azzarello in here

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As a promotion for the Synder cut of Justice League Wonderland is creating a meal kit based on food brands found within the DCU. There's stuff like Big Belly Burger, and Jitters Coffee. There's a hidden meal here only described as ancient Themyscian Fire

https://wonderland-at-home.myshopify.com/

Since the rest of the meals are based on stuff found within DC what could this possibly be?
    Well Themiscyran cuisine seem to be based on an idealized version of ancient Greek cuisine. Sadly I don't know enough about ancient Greek food.

This has an interesting hint though. The first two entrée items list that a "vegetarian option is available" this and Resurrection don't. Hypothesis: non-meat items to round out the meal. First is an Aquaman themed fish platter, then a burger. A proper meal needs more than meat. Item three mentions "the cornfields of Smallville". "Fire" makes me wonder if this is a spicy salad... but the box is apparently delivered frozen and salads don't freeze well. Maybe something akin to coleslaw or spicy soup?... then again.. it doesn't SAY it's spicy. But the cooking instructions part of the page mentions that some of the dishes aren't as simple as "heat and eat" so maybe if it is spicy the spice is a garnish you can leave out. Hmm items 1-3 each have a tag saying "prepare at home" but Item 4 doesn't? Hmm.... Maybe it really is frozen soup?

What would food on Themyscira be like anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think some influences from Greece, Rome, Africa, the Middle east and Asia would be expected given the demographics.

Kanga chops anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Kanga chops anyone?
    You are a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You are a monster
    It was definitely a “put me behind Doom’s Doorway” comment.

My version of Themyscira is home to all sorts of mythical artifacts. Their food comes from Cornucopia

The horn of the river god Achelous overflowing with food. They can request any food from it. The idea came from Greg Rick was lies version where Steve Trevor is served a hamburger. I like to think that when Diana returns to Themyscira for the first time she introduces the Amazons to pizza

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think some influences from Greece, Rome, Africa, the Middle east and Asia would be expected given the demographics.
    So the whole world minus the Americas?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Greek food of course! Wonder Woman: the official cookbook was released nov 17th 2020 with 136 pages of recipes for dinners breakfasts soups salads deserts etc

61lxFraLQBL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

ww3.jpg

ww-9.jpg
    Last edited by Mysterious; 02-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It would, like most cuisines, most likely have had two kinds, a common sort eaten by most of the people most of the time, consisting of grains, fruits, nuts, seafood of all kinds, and goats and said cheese, also likely cattle for beef and milk. The other kind would be a kind of high cuisine, eaten by the elite or at festivals and celebrations. For the Romans, that was...kind of disgusting. Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom dinner scene kind of disgusting. Stuffed dormice and the like. That sort of thing seemed common in the ancient Mediterranean world. It even persists in many of today's cuisines, but the split nature of a cuisine, and sometimes what we'd consider disgusting ingredients. Meat, at least for commoners, would likely be eaten only occasionally.