Default If You Could Revive "ADVENTURE COMICS"...

What would you do with it?

It would be the home of the Legion of Super-Heroes, again. It would be both familiar, and updated. Rather different than the recent, or Future State books. I wouldn’t make changes for the sake of change. Mon-el, for example, would still emerge from the Phantom Zone. RJ Brande would still be a man, Reep’s Dad and, possibly, the Martian Manhunter. My approach would be more along the lines of a Harry Potter approach, with a long-term arc in mind.

What could they possibly have to gain from being in a comic called "Adventure Comics" instead of one named after themselves?

id make it a stand-alone comic where characters who don't have their own books have a done in one story without it crossing over or referring to other stories from the past

Quote Originally Posted by 0nt1r View Post
    It would be the home of the Legion of Super-Heroes, again. It would be both familiar, and updated. Rather different than the recent, or Future State books. I wouldn’t make changes for the sake of change. Mon-el, for example, would still emerge from the Phantom Zone. RJ Brande would still be a man, Reep’s Dad and, possibly, the Martian Manhunter. My approach would be more along the lines of a Harry Potter approach, with a long-term arc in mind.
    Pretty much, have it be LEGION stories 80% of the time and the other 20% will be dedicated to Deadman or Martian Manhunter or whoever.

Astonishing Member

Comic about the adventures of a team of random characters, ignoring past continuity in an attempt to take the cast in new directions.

Astonishing Member

It would just be Aquaman's book the way Superman has Action and Batman has Detective. I'd naturally bring back Sensation as well.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What could they possibly have to gain from being in a comic called "Adventure Comics" instead of one named after themselves?
    My belief is that titles like Adventure Comics appeal far more to older, longer-term fans than newer fans. The idea of a book title came about when there were multiple stories with different stars in each issue. Sure, Superman and Batman quickly made Action and Detective their books even though there were other back-ups for decades. DC (and Marvel) now have more success with series in their own books from day one. When books are now published with a blanket title, they feed the nostalgic feelings of fans. Action and Detective have huge numbers that DC has properly weaponized and Marvel had reacted accordingly.

But to the content of your post, I don't see these as actual recommendations to DC about what they should do, but rather personal likes about what we'd want to see. It's my fantasy, it doesn't need to sell to anyone else. If I was actually working for DC making these kind of recommendations, I am sure I would have much more supporting data that would affect my choices accordingly. But I have worked in businesses where what I want isn't what's good for the company and I go against my own desires accordingly.

Make it about Earth-Prime's Superboy. That's what Geoff Johns did back in Blackest Night. I liked it that way.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It should always be Aquaman's book or sister title.

I mean legacy titles aren't uber important IMO, but if we're going to have ACTION COMICS and DETECTIVE COMICS- let's get ADVENTURE COMICS going.

I'd go back to this idea:

Yeah, the price would have to be increased significantly (unfortunately), but make it an anthology book that would have:
    * an Aquaman feature
    * a Green Arrow feature
    * a Supergirl or Superboy feature (unless those characters have their own book then)
    * and two-or-three other slots that would rotate.

Among the occasional features might be The Flash, using either Barry or Wally (depending on who's not being featured in the main The Flash series at that time) Also a Wonder Woman-related feature starring maybe Nubia or one of the "formerly-known-as-Wonder-Girl" characters.

Basically a bit like Marvel Two-in-One, except creators could go completely wild with possibly out-of-continuity tales starring underused characters.

Incredible Member

I s go for 3 features of different lengths rotating.

For example:

JSA for a 12 issue arc. Follow with another 12!part feature the next issue. And so on.

Then maybe Supergirl for a six issue arc as a second feature. Also followed by another character, say Firestorm, for the next six part arc.

Then as a third feature maybe a four part Plastic Man story followed by another four part story featuring Donna Troy.

The characters are random, used to layout how I’d go with a three feature format.

Retired

I liked the idea of the Adventurer's Club, even though it only lasted a few issues in 1973. I'd like to bring that back, but this time the adventurers in the club would be one who travels into the future, one who travels into the past, and one who travels through the present but can go to other worlds. There would be three stories in each issue and each adventurer would tell their story. This way the future story could be about the Legion or other future concepts (like Star Hawkins, Tommy Tomorrow, Kamandi). The past story could be about the J.S.A. or other past concepts (like Captain Fear, Sgt. Rock, Viking Prince, Black Pirate, Jonah Hex). And the present story could be about super-heroes (like Aquaman, Black Orchid, Dial H for Hero) or science fiction heroes (like Adam Strange, the New Gods) or regular adventurers (like the Challengers of the Unknown, Lady Cop, the Manhunter).

The three adventurers would be the same characters in each issue--but with other members of the club interacting with them. And there would an over-arching storyline that would connect all three tales, but through these three characters the reader would be introduced to lots of different concepts (also in hopes of reviving interest in some forgotten properties).