Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The teaser is up now...and it looks fantastic!

It's only a snippet but it looks so amazingly comics accurate, I can't wait to see the rest.
    He looks like a human dream, which I guess is the point, although some shots looked like he still had the ethereal, spooky, look from the comics.

I did geek out when they mentioned all the Endless by name.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The teaser is up now...and it looks fantastic!

It's only a snippet but it looks so amazingly comics accurate, I can't wait to see the rest.
    Looks great. Can't wait for it.
    Regarding the look of Death: It is not like Death can look like whatever they want. It was outright said that in older times Death looked like the classical Reaper. If they first show up they should just have a different look in every scene before settling on the current favourite look.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

EW has an article with Tom Sturridge(Dream) and Neil Gaiman.

https://ew.com/tv/sandman-creator-st...to-the-screen/

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I have high hopes for this. Hope it doesn't suck.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I have high hopes for this. Hope it doesn't suck.
    Neil Gaiman doesn't strike me as a sellout (regardless of detractors saying he did so when he approved a black woman playing Death). The fact that he backs this show up so much now when he could've made bank with earlier potential adaptations is enough to give me faith.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Casting a black woman as Death doesn't bother me in the least... nor a woman as Lucifer, etc. The pitfall with these comics adaptations is that the writers always decide they can tell a better story than the person who wrote the original comic, and they are always proven wrong. But Gaiman's close involvement reassures me that the important elements will not be lost, and any freestyling by the writers will be on the right track.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Casting a black woman as Death doesn't bother me in the least... nor a woman as Lucifer, etc. The pitfall with these comics adaptations is that the writers always decide they can tell a better story than the person who wrote the original comic, and they are always proven wrong. But Gaiman's close involvement reassures me that the important elements will not be lost, and any freestyling by the writers will be on the right track.
    I agree. Death, Dream and Desire aren't portrayed as Caucasian in the comics. They're literally white.

I don't have a problem with Death being played by a black woman so much as I just don't think the visual is going to hit as much as the comic did. But that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I agree. Death, Dream and Desire aren't portrayed as Caucasian in the comics. They're literally white.
    Agreed. They're literally, like, chalk colored.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't have a problem with Death being played by a black woman so much as I just don't think the visual is going to hit as much as the comic did. But that's just me.
    That's really my only thing too. I miss the chalk white skin and black eyes. Dream looks too human for my liking.

I'm really looking forward to this.

The Endless are literally millions of years old and have changed both physically and personality-wise countless times. Since this series is being updated to the present time we can still imagine that she was still a chalk-white goth chick in the 20th century but has changed her look now.

Extraordinary Member

This is gonna be great!
    Release day 5th of August.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I'm both excited and absolutely terrified to see "24 Hours" put to screen. One of the most harrowing and impactful stories I've ever read in comic form.