Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Have any of you actually seen Kirby Howell-Baptiste act in anything? I've seen her in The Good Place (she's an important character in the second half of that excellent show), Killing Eve (she's in the first season, which is the only good season, IMO), HBO's Barry, and the newest season of Veronica Mars that aired on Hulu -- all critically-acclaimed TV series with loyal, vocal fan bases. She's great in everything she's in, but most importantly, all her characters radiate sweetness, warmth, empathy, and humor. That, in my opinion, makes her a fine choice to play Death, even though I never would have dreamed of casting her (no pun intended).

At this point, I'm looking forward to the show mostly for her (and also hoping I can eventually sell my set of Sandman TPBs for more money when the show comes out).
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Charles Dance is always a good way to start a show.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The teaser is up now...and it looks fantastic!

It's only a snippet but it looks so amazingly comics accurate, I can't wait to see the rest.
    He looks like a human dream, which I guess is the point, although some shots looked like he still had the ethereal, spooky, look from the comics.

I did geek out when they mentioned all the Endless by name.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The teaser is up now...and it looks fantastic!

It's only a snippet but it looks so amazingly comics accurate, I can't wait to see the rest.
    Looks great. Can't wait for it.
    Regarding the look of Death: It is not like Death can look like whatever they want. It was outright said that in older times Death looked like the classical Reaper. If they first show up they should just have a different look in every scene before settling on the current favourite look.