Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Default Sandman on Netflix

So this is happening, and Neil Gaiman is directly involved, so we can't complain about clueless showrunners ruining his vision.

I've often wondered whether this story is actually filmable in any way that would be satisfying. I would say get ready for something that diverges pretty significantly from the comics (except maybe in general plotlines), and get ready for lots of fans complaining about same. Also get ready for a more diverse cast than the comics had, and complaints from the same people who complained about it in Good Omens.

I'll be interested to see the casting.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'll be interested to see the casting.
    Very interested indeed.

Tricky role.

I keep hearing this is happening but it never does. How long was JGL attached to be starring and producing a Sandman movie. When they have a full cast and are starting to film Ill believe it.

Gaiman has been tweeting about it. Eleven episode first season that will cover all of Preludes & Nocturnes "and a little bit more," but will be set in the present day and not in the 80s and 90s like the comic.

Cillian Murphy for Morpheus.

Maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt will re-enter the picture as Sandman. It's been a few years since he's had a major project, so maybe he's still interested and available.

I think his slender body type is a more comics-accurate look for Sandman than say Cillian Murphy.

Fantastic Member

I'm very excited about this. I imagine it will be akin to the Walking Dead, where episodes are familiar but not complete remakes.

Can people stop making Gaiman busy so he can focus on finishing Miracleman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Can people stop making Gaiman busy so he can focus on finishing Miracleman.
    He's had way too many successful adaptations lately for that to happen. Finishing MM is also not up to him sadly.

BANNED

I thought they were going to give the guys of American Gods a shot at this. Sadly, the announced showrunner is unfamiliar to me. I haven't intently watched anything he's done. What I've seen/come across isn't exactly hope-inspiring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I thought they were going to give the guys of American Gods a shot at this. Sadly, the announced showrunner is unfamiliar to me. I haven't intently watched anything he's done. What I've seen/come across isn't exactly hope-inspiring.
    Most recently he wrote the screenplay for Wonder Woman and a script for a Madrox movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt will re-enter the picture as Sandman. It's been a few years since he's had a major project, so maybe he's still interested and available.

I think his slender body type is a more comics-accurate look for Sandman than say Cillian Murphy.
    In the present, it feels like this might be more "What Folks Tend To Think..." than "What Actually Is..."

Take a look at this picture from Gordon-Levitt's Instagram from last year.

- https://www.instagram.com/p/BvAapQWHvMO/

Now, think about any time Murphy has had his shirt off over the course of Peaky Blinders.

While the "What's In My Head..." for most folks is certainly Gordon-Levitt being the more slight guy, it's probably not currently the case.

As much as I enjoy the Lucifer TV series...I really really don't want this to end up like Lucifer.

I'd like to see Jade Tailor from the Magicians as Death.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I've often wondered whether this story is actually filmable in any way that would be satisfying. I would say get ready for something that diverges pretty significantly from the comics (except maybe in general plotlines), and get ready for lots of fans complaining about same. Also get ready for a more diverse cast than the comics had, and complaints from the same people who complained about it in Good Omens.
    So they're going to petition to have Amazon Prime cancel Sandman?

The big rumor is they plan to set the series in the late 80s and early 90s.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Huh... I thought they'd do it present-day, only because today's television writers don't know how to move a story without cell phones.