Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

There are two comics characters named the Sandman, but this is the one we're talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(Vertigo)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    There are two comics characters named the Sandman, but this is the one we're talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(Vertigo)
    thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I actually don't know what Sandman character is about?

Superhero or supernatural?
    It’s incredible. It’s a story about stories. Basically it begins with a shadowy cult who want to capture death because they think they can pretty much control all wars after that and live forever if they feel like it. But they accidentally capture her brother, called Dream, who is the Lord of all dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It’s incredible. It’s a story about stories. Basically it begins with a shadowy cult who want to capture death because they think they can pretty much control all wars after that and live forever if they feel like it. But they accidentally capture her brother, called Dream, who is the Lord of all dreams
    it sounds intriguing.

It’s wonderful. I read it more than a decade ago and I still think about the stories regularly. In fact I’m rereading them right now!

https://www.theknowledge***********/...p%20UK%20shoot

Warner Bros. TV’s forthcoming drama series, Sandman, for Netflix, is set to film at a studio in the London area from May to December this year.

More than four years after New Line’s failed attempt to adapt the graphic novel into a feature film, Netflix and Warner Bros. TV will begin shooting the “big, ambitious” ******action TV series with an 11-episode order at the studio and the surrounding area.

Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, ABC's The Catch, Grey's Anatomy) is set to write and serve as showrunner on the straight-to-series drama.

Neil Gaiman (pictured), who created the ongoing monthly comic, will executive produce alongside David Goyer.

“We’re thrilled to partner with the brilliant team that is Neil Gaiman, David S. Goyer and Allan Heinberg to finally bring Neil’s iconic comic book series, The Sandman, to life onscreen,” said Channing Dungey, VP, Original Series, Netflix.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It’s wonderful. I read it more than a decade ago and I still think about the stories regularly. In fact I’m rereading them right now!
    I wonder if I should wait and watch the show or just buy the books now? I am tired of waiting for more content.

Please read the books now

I mean no insult ...

READ THE BOOKS, DAMMIT!

;P
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

...But don't expect the TV show to mirror the books too closely. The Sandman comic was really kind of a revolution of the comics medium and would be impossible to recreate on the screen. What we'll be getting is the characters and the plots from the books, updated from the 80s to the present, and hopefully bringing along some of the magic that made the comics so compelling. Honestly, I wouldn't watch this show if Gaiman himself wasn't directly attached to it.

Yeah that’s fair. I would even go so far as to say new stories would be a really good thing. I mean really that’s what sandman is all about. Stories about stories. So feasibly it can exist in any storytelling medium

Sandman is the kind of franchise that can accommodate an infinite number of original stories, as long as they are good and meet with Gaiman's approval. I do hope they keep some of the major story threads from the books, though. They need an ongoing villain, which I guess is going to be the Corinthian.

Yeah I reckon it will be the Corinthian, although it would be fun to have stand alone issues/episodes every now and then. One of my favourite issues is when Death talks about the important of sex Ed and using condoms. I would love to see a modern version of that

Default Netflix's the Sandman

Netflix revealed the official cast for "The Sandman". Taron Egerton is rumored to reprise his role of John Constantine from the Audible version but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

BANNED

It feels like it's finally happening.

I like the cast. They chose a total unknown for Morpheus, a theater actor, and that's a good idea.

Based on the news, it seems they are starting with Preludes and Nocturnes. Though no word yet on Dr. Destiny. The Corinthian comes in Book 2 but is now in S1.

Charles Dance as Roderick Burgess is excellent. Boyd Holbrook, i.e. Donald Pierce from LOGAN, as The Corinthian is great.

There'll be fuss about the casting of ladies as Lucifer and the Librarian, but they are wrong, and Gwendoline Christie as the Lucifer from Gaiman's original run will be a cool take.

I wonder who they'll cast as Death. Ideally it should be Margot Robbie, but Netflix can't afford her