Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I could see them scrapping the DC connections. So maybe Doctor Destiny and Constantine wouldn't appear?

Looks like they're changing Lucien up a bit and having Gwendoline Christie doing her best Tilda Swinton.

Cain and Abel are perfect though.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I could see them scrapping the DC connections. So maybe Doctor Destiny and Constantine wouldn't appear?
    I think they could get away with Constantine, although it'd be a shame not to have Matt Ryan in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like they're changing Lucien up a bit and having Gwendoline Christie doing her best Tilda Swinton.

Cain and Abel are perfect though.

I think they could get away with Constantine, although it'd be a shame not to have Matt Ryan in this.
    Taron Edgerton was great in the audiobook. But in live action iono. He has a young boyish look to him not matter how old he gets. I'd prefer Constantine look like a grown man. I liked Matt Ryan, be nice to get him play a non NBC/CW version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Taron Edgerton was great in the audiobook. But in live action iono. He has a young boyish look to him not matter how old he gets. I'd prefer Constantine look like a grown man. I liked Matt Ryan, be nice to get him play a non NBC/CW version of the character.
    I haven't heard the audiobook yet (probably should give that a listen) but he always seemed like an unconventional take for adult Constantine to me.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Would still like to see Lana Condor as Death.

I still get the feeling they would scrap all the DC cameos/connections. Not out of hate but because of the rights being tied up or something. I could be wrong tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2021 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I still get the feeling they would scrap all the DC cameos/connections. Not out of hate but because of the rights being tied up or something. I could be wrong tho.
    It's a fact that The Sandman comic itself moved away from the DCU connections as time passed. It was strongest in Preludes & Nocturnes but less so from Book 2 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's a fact that The Sandman comic itself moved away from the DCU connections as time passed. It was strongest in Preludes & Nocturnes but less so from Book 2 onwards.
    Of course that doesn't stop said DCU connection from coming back to the forefront with a bang near the end...

BANNED

Of course that doesn't stop said DCU connection from coming back to the forefront with a bang near the end...
    Where? Aside from cameos by Batman, Superman, Martian Manhuner at the Wake, it hardly figures at the finale of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Where? Aside from cameos by Batman, Superman, Martian Manhuner at the Wake, it hardly figures at the finale of the story.
    spoilers:
    The new dream who replaces Morpheus ends up being Hector Hall and Lyta Trevor's child.
    end of spoilers

https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=723&dpr=3

Cameron Britton would be a good pick for Fiddler's Green.

I never really got to read the comics (just a handful of random ones), so I have no expectations. I'm open to watching this to see how it unfolds. Since Neil Gaiman is directly involved, hopefully the fans won't call for his head if some episodes come out that they don't like.

Death hasn't been revealed yet? What about Zoe Kravitz?

zoek1.jpg
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-31-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The reaction I'm seeing to Lucifer's casting is embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I never really got to read the comics (just a handful of random ones), so I have no expectations. I'm open to watching this to see how it unfolds. Since Neil Gaiman is directly involved, hopefully the fans won't call for his head if some episodes come out that they don't like.

zoek1.jpg
    They've cast Death. They just haven't revealed who is playing her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

zoek1.jpg
    She'd be good.

They've cast Death. They just haven't revealed who is playing her.
    If they are adapting Preludes and Nocturnes for Season 1, then that means "The Sound of Her Wings" (the first appearance of Death) would be the last episode and season finale, so it would be the blockbuster final episode appearance.

Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-31-2021 at 07:03 PM.