Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Was it episode 4? I could was sworn we didn't learn what project the remnants of the Empire was working on actually was until they got to the Moff ship.
    Yeah it was four, I can't find a great picture but it was definitely supposed to be Snoke:

And there was no controversy what so ever when it aired...or after.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I doubt anyone would complain about the clones in Mando, or even the larger plot of Palpatine trying to clone himself. Given what we know of Palpatine and his goals it makes total sense that he'd do something like that. And the idea has been floating in the mythos for decades so it's not some oddball, out of nowhere concept. People take issue with the sequels because they're badly done and insulting, but most (certainly not all) of the basic ideas are actually fine, if you discount the crap execution.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some of Snoke's disfigurement is apparently tied to an unseen battle with Luke-in the Kylo Ren comic Ben says "Look what Master Luke did to you!"

I think the scar on Snoke's head is meant to be a lightsaber wound as well.
    No kidding?

How the crap did a bag of bones like Snoke escape Luke?
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-30-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Q4? "But that's a whole nother year!"
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

How the crap did a bag of bones like Snoke escape Luke?
    According to Yoda, a Jedi uses the Force, and one would presume under the best of circumstances any violence at all, only for defense.

If Luke and Snoke did fight, once Snoke was beaten Luke has no meaningful reason to just outright kill him. Luke probably LET him go. And then added it to his long list of regrets.

Possible, I guess. But I feel like Luke threw the first punch plenty of times too, and I don't see him letting Snoke go, assuming Luke knew Snoke was a dark sider and/or face of a major Imperial remnant.

Snoke may well have escaped, but Luke allowing him to go? I struggle to see that. The Jedi talked a lot about not acting in anger and avoiding violence, but a lot of them seemed awfully quick to switch the lightsaber on too, Luke included.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Funny thing is, the Snokes in the vats seem to have the exact same injuries.

....and Palpatine, when 'restored' has the same force lightning-messed up skin from his battle with Windu (Although there's still debate whether that was Palpatine's "true" face all along).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-13-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I guess there's more mileage out of a Rebel spy show than I thought!

I think it could be incredibly easy to make the remaining GHOST crew a part of this in some way. Hera in particular would be pretty easy.

I think it could be incredibly easy to make the remaining GHOST crew a part of this in some way. Hera in particular would be pretty easy.
    I'm really curious how they'd handle live-action Hera.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious how they'd handle live-action Hera.
    Why? They've done Twi'leks in live action plenty of times.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Not sure if they'd use the same actress as the voice (Vanessa Marshall) She's 52 and Hera is supposed to be in her mid twenties visually. I do think she did mocap for the more realistic CG Hera in Squadrons though.

Or they could use an actress but dub her over with Vanessa. I'm pretty sure that's at least part of what they've done with Luke (minus the CG'd face)-that is Mark's voice but I'm seriously doubting it's his body (Although I think they did use him for Luke just standing still at the end of season 2).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-08-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Not sure if they'd use the same actress as the voice (Vanessa Marshall) She's 52 and Hera is supposed to be in her mid twenties visually. I do think she did mocap for the more realistic CG Hera in Squadrons though.

Or they could use an actress but dub her over with Vanessa. I'm pretty sure that's at least part of what they've done with Luke (minus the CG'd face)-that is Mark's voice but I'm seriously doubting it's his body (Although I think they did use him for Luke just standing still at the end of season 2).
    I'm okay with dubbing, I think that's what they did Cad Bane but I'd be okay with a recast as well as its worked well with Ahsoka.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I don't understand how a show that's struggling getting season 1 out of the door can get renewed.