Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 316 to 328 of 328

Thread: Andor TV Series

  1. #316
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I firmly believe that the rebels would not have been able to beat Tony Gilroy's Empire.
    Well, that's where the space wizards come in. At this point I honestly want to see a Jedi interact with this world next season. (Fulcrum, anyone?) It would be like how terrifying that one tie-fighter was. We're so used to seeing Jedi, but seeing one on this show would seem like "Holy Mother F'ing crap!! Friggin' Space wizard with a laser sword!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I like Mon Mothma throwing her husband under the bus to cover her own spending. Until we found out she married off her daughter to get more funding.
    It was quite the maneuver, blaming her husband for her allegiance with (I forgot the gangster's name). It was a bit convenient though that her daughter was into it. It makes her "sacrifice" less of a sacrifice or compromise other than of her own values. It wouldn't surprise me if that's why we never hear of her again since (ironically) her connection to a gangster benefits her as she becomes a rebel, as he can protect her daughter as he probably ends up more respectable than Mothma once she goes into hiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have a feeling that Luthen and Cassian are going to have a love/hate relationship going forward. Neither will trust the other but they will need each other to survive. Since the storyline with his sister was dropped so early, I assume it will become a major plotpoint in the second season. Which supposedly is going to skip ahead into the future a little bit.
    I wonder if season two will be a struggle between Luthen and Mothma for the "soul" of the rebellion and how much Andor will play a part. At this point Andor meeting Mothma will be an EPIC moment, and I kinda hope they play it as such - as fan-servicey as it is.(though not as overplayed as John Snow meeting Danaerys)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how so many people wanted Cassian in this finale but he basically just avoided everyone and saved Bix.
    That was hilarious to me. And he had no idea about the scope of it too. I really wanted Andor to shoot or knock out Syril during the insanity with no acknowledgement of him though, in a "you think you're Javert, but no - I don't know who you are" kinda way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Color me also as someone who wants to know if we'll ever find out about Cassian's sister.
    So, was nobody satisfied with how I think they resolved it? ;p

  2. #317
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    This show is my favorite live action Star Wars content...easily. And I don't say that lightly. But Andor has the feel of the old EU novels. That's the only place where you could find this type of Star Wars content.
    That makes a tonne of sense, as Andor felt to me like a very generic people-vs-tyranny story with a splash of Star Wars set-dressing on top; but you'd have to expect that the EU authors were mostly just writing stuff they would have anyway but in the Star Wars setting for its built-in readership (though maybe not the money anymore thanks to Disney. Boo!).

  3. #318
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    I'm loving the nonsense I'm seeing ppl justifying and accepting Mon Mothma sacrificing her husband and daughter because they are horrible ppl lol! Too reminiscent of if only the council was nice to Anakin he wouldn't have descended to the dark side. Both Mon and Ani want to win so they don't care by what means.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

  4. #319

    Default

    I'm curious what Gilroy's take on the Jedi/Sith would be. Maybe in another project?

  5. #320
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, that's where the space wizards come in. At this point I honestly want to see a Jedi interact with this world next season. (Fulcrum, anyone?) It would be like how terrifying that one tie-fighter was. We're so used to seeing Jedi, but seeing one on this show would seem like "Holy Mother F'ing crap!! Friggin' Space wizard with a laser sword!!"
    It would be kind of interesting to see how Gilroy would handle a Jedi or Force character, looking at how he handled Vader or I guess in a way Chirrut.
    It was quite the maneuver, blaming her husband for her allegiance with (I forgot the gangster's name). It was a bit convenient though that her daughter was into it. It makes her "sacrifice" less of a sacrifice or compromise other than of her own values. It wouldn't surprise me if that's why we never hear of her again since (ironically) her connection to a gangster benefits her as she becomes a rebel, as he can protect her daughter as he probably ends up more respectable than Mothma once she goes into hiding.
    I think it's interesting just in the sense that Mon is older but bristled and hated the old traditions and what it did to her life while her younger daughter, either out of teen rebellion or genuine interest in her culture, embraced it despite how outdated the traditions still are. I think some immigrants can relate to that.
    I wonder if season two will be a struggle between Luthen and Mothma for the "soul" of the rebellion and how much Andor will play a part. At this point Andor meeting Mothma will be an EPIC moment, and I kinda hope they play it as such - as fan-servicey as it is.(though not as overplayed as John Snow meeting Danaerys)
    I definitely think we'll still see some conflict in deciding exactly what the Rebellion is and needs to be. We already see some tension between those who are more ruthless and cold and those who are more genuinely idealistic.
    That was hilarious to me. And he had no idea about the scope of it too. I really wanted Andor to shoot or knock out Syril during the insanity with no acknowledgement of him though, in a "you think you're Javert, but no - I don't know who you are" kinda way.
    And he only saw Dedra but didn't pay that much attention to her.
    So, was nobody satisfied with how I think they resolved it? ;p
    I guess as a brother, I just want to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That makes a tonne of sense, as Andor felt to me like a very generic people-vs-tyranny story with a splash of Star Wars set-dressing on top; but you'd have to expect that the EU authors were mostly just writing stuff they would have anyway but in the Star Wars setting for its built-in readership (though maybe not the money anymore thanks to Disney. Boo!).
    It felt pretty distinctly Star Wars to me even if the tone and direction was different than what they're used to, but it felt like they were treating the Galaxy like a real place with real people instead of just a fictional place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm loving the nonsense I'm seeing ppl justifying and accepting Mon Mothma sacrificing her husband and daughter because they are horrible ppl lol! Too reminiscent of if only the council was nice to Anakin he wouldn't have descended to the dark side. Both Mon and Ani want to win so they don't care by what means.
    I mean, her husband is one thing, but the daughter is actually into the old traditions and would probably be more than motivated to go through with the betrothal with or without Mon's permission.

  6. #321
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, her husband is one thing, but the daughter is actually into the old traditions and would probably be more than motivated to go through with the betrothal with or without Mon's permission.
    That might be so but she chose the easier route to get what she wanted. I'm all for rebellion but I'm not deluding myself thinking that she thought of the best interest of her daughter when she herself was so critical of Chandrila's costume.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

  7. #322
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    That might be so but she chose the easier route to get what she wanted. I'm all for rebellion but I'm not deluding myself thinking that she thought of the best interest of her daughter when she herself was so critical of Chandrila's costume.
    I think it's more complicated than the "easiest" route or thinking she's doing what is in her daughters' best interest, because she hates it herself, but she's between a rock and a hard place and her daughter wants to do it so she probably feels she doesn't have much choice left.

  8. #323
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more complicated than the "easiest" route or thinking she's doing what is in her daughters' best interest, because she hates it herself, but she's between a rock and a hard place and her daughter wants to do it so she probably feels she doesn't have much choice left.
    Mon made her choice and you take that away from her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

  9. #324
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Mon made her choice and you take that away from her.
    I'm not trying to? I'm just emphasizing how much she hates having to make it.

  10. #325
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not trying to? I'm just emphasizing how much she hates having to make it.
    I think that was apparent to anyone that watched the show but in the end it still doesn't matter.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

  11. #326
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious what Gilroy's take on the Jedi/Sith would be. Maybe in another project?
    The Rebellion's motto in the OT (and also Rogue One) seems to be "May the force be with us" although it doesn't seem to be part of it at this point. Maybe they're inspired by a particular Jedi (although some Jedi are involved at this point-Ashoka, Obi-Wan (sort of) ,Caleb/Kanan, Ezra).

    It could just be their way of also honoring what used to be in the Old Republic-the Jedi being one of the symbols of that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  12. #327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Rebellion's motto in the OT (and also Rogue One) seems to be "May the force be with us" although it doesn't seem to be part of it at this point. Maybe they're inspired by a particular Jedi (although some Jedi are involved at this point-Ashoka, Obi-Wan (sort of) ,Caleb/Kanan, Ezra).

    It could just be their way of also honoring what used to be in the Old Republic-the Jedi being one of the symbols of that.
    I'd love it if Kanan or Cal pop up in season 2. But Kanan is locked in with Rebels so Cal is an easier fit. There's also Ashoka and Quilan Vos who might be a better fit.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; Yesterday at 01:10 PM.

  13. #328
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm loving the nonsense I'm seeing ppl justifying and accepting Mon Mothma sacrificing her husband and daughter because they are horrible ppl lol! Too reminiscent of if only the council was nice to Anakin he wouldn't have descended to the dark side. Both Mon and Ani want to win so they don't care by what means.
    That makes sense about Mothma. Because like i said before, From what I remember Mothma was worse, or became worse. Constantly using ruthless suicide missions. So much so one high ranking Rebel comander (Jan Dodonna?) threatened to quit. Well, i mean she was in either the old EU or the new cannon. But i remember her being pretty cold blooded.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •