Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

There's also the Wheel from the old EU, although it's still canon in the new, although a lot of it's appearances show up in the non-canon LEGO stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Time to guess how this ends.

1. Syril Karn shows up to the funeral messes everything up and gets all the Imperials killed and then they kill him.

2. Syril Karn shows up at the funeral somehow gets all the imperials killed and....the Empire offers him a job!.

3. Syril Karn shows up at the funeral messes everything up. Realizes that the Empire is the bad guys. He joins the rebellion as Luthen's new mole.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Syril turns up at the funeral, runs into Diego Luna coming the other way round a corner and they start fighting through the congregation, which turns into wrestling and rolling across the floor, and then, in a big twist, kissing. The SSI, Luthen, Mon Mothma's family, and the Cantina Band are also there and the whole thing degenerates into a brawl, spilling out into the studio lot and then the set of Blazing Saddles 2.

It will be revealed that Bix did finger Kreiger as Axis, leaving Syril as the one to realize it's Luthen when they run into each other at Ferrix. But before he can tell Dedra (who's been blowing him off) Syril is killed.... Force choked to death by Luthen to reveal that he's a former Jedi!

Finale today. A bit predictable in a few ways, everybody kind of knew things would kind of collide and of course now we know where the prison factory bits went. The planet that it's orbiting of course is pretty much one that also seems familiar, although it isn't 100% confirmed.

Looks like Karn and Deedra might get into some kind of relationship after all but I don't think it'll be the healthiest one for either.

I thought is was a good finale, though I still think the series was too long. I wonder if they are doing a second season? The ending can easily lead right into Rogue One, though I suppose they can do another story between this and RO.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

This show is my favorite live action Star Wars content...easily. And I don't say that lightly. But Andor has the feel of the old EU novels. That's the only place where you could find this type of Star Wars content.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought is was a good finale, though I still think the series was too long. I wonder if they are doing a second season? The ending can easily lead right into Rogue One, though I suppose they can do another story between this and RO.
    They're shooting season 2 right now lol
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Andor's season finale was amazing. I can't wait till season 2 and I wish we got all 5 seasons.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-23-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Thoughts on the finale:
    -- I said before that Andor looking for his sister seemed an uncharacteristic plot contrivance in a show whose writing has been pretty tight as it lead to this whole story, but then was dropped. The finale does in fact follow up in it, but thematically - as Marva had said, she was a phantom but now Cass has real people to look after, as indicated by his farewell scene with Bix et al. If there is a Bix spin-off, that group on the ship looks like a good lineup to me.
    -- I really thought we'd see a few supporting characters killed here. (honestly, I was really worried about the anvil guy) I find myself a little disappointed, but maybe only because this doesn't seem like the show to throw around plot armor for sentimental reasons.
    -- I wonder if Marva's speech had an effect on Luthen. It's interesting to compare her speech for the people - in broad daylight, inspiring people to rise and fight for freedom - with Luthen's, which took place in the dark, underground, nihilistic and used to remind Lonnie that he's trapped in servitude. Luthen used the tactics of his enemy to use people, but Andor stands on his ship, willing to follow because he was inspired rather than manipulated or threatened - maybe that's what that little smile was. This show does a great job dramatizing the key Star Wars theme of light v dark - just with using regular people instead of Force wielders.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-24-2022 at 05:43 AM.

Once again the Death Troopers, although they look kind of intimidating, aren't really that much more effective than the regular troopers in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Thoughts on the finale:
    -- I said before that Andor looking for his sister seemed an uncharacteristic plot contrivance in a show whose writing has been pretty tight as it lead to this whole story, but then was dropped. The finale does in fact follow up in it, but thematically - as Marva had said, she was a phantom but now Cass has real people to look after, as indicated by his farewell scene with Bix et al. If there is a Bix spin-off, that group on the ship looks like a good lineup to me.
    -- I really thought we'd see a few supporting characters killed here. (honestly, I was really worried about the anvil guy) I find myself a little disappointed, but maybe only because this doesn't seem like the show to throw around plot armor for sentimental reasons.
    -- I wonder if Marva's speech had an effect on Luthen. It's interesting to compare her speech for the people - in broad daylight, inspiring people to rise and fight for freedom - with Luthen's, which took place in the dark, underground, nihilistic and used to remind Lonnie that he's trapped in servitude. Luthen used the tactics of his enemy to use people, but Andor stands on his ship, willing to follow because he was inspired rather than manipulated or threatened - maybe that's what that little smile was. This show does a great job dramatizing the key Star Wars theme of light v dark - just with using regular people instead of Force wielders.
    Maybe Cassian's sister played a bigger role in the original 5 year pitch before it was condensed into 2?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I firmly believe that the rebels would not have been able to beat Tony Gilroy's Empire. I like Mon Mothma throwing her husband under the bus to cover her own spending. Until we found out she married off her daughter to get more funding. Someone on another site said you don't hire Fiona Shaw for a quiet death and we sure didn't get one here! The riot was truly brutal and a far cry from the Storm Troopers who can't hit someone right in front of them that we got in the first movie. I have a feeling that Luthen and Cassian are going to have a love/hate relationship going forward. Neither will trust the other but they will need each other to survive. Since the storyline with his sister was dropped so early, I assume it will become a major plotpoint in the second season. Which supposedly is going to skip ahead into the future a little bit.
    Assassinate Putin!

It's funny how so many people wanted Cassian in this finale but he basically just avoided everyone and saved Bix. Luthen only found him because Cassian wanted him to find him.

Knowing how we feel about Mon Mothma's husband, using him as a scapegoat for her money issues probably feels acceptable. And her daughter is probably willingly going along with the betrothal so she can't not use it even if it utterly disgusts her. But you really have to wonder what happened to her family before or after she left for the rebellion.

I'm not really sure where this Vel and Cinta story is going. Vel just realizing Cinta is too obsessed with the cause and too ruthless to care about anything else? Including her? It would be kind of funny to see them paired with Cassian again knowing they were out to kill him before, although he'd have no idea about it. Cinta strikes me as the type who probably sacrificed herself for the cause, something she'll either do on-screen or off-screen. Vel...I'm not sure how much her heart is still in it.

Last will and testament of Maarva everybody. Got some manifesto and one last grand speech to take us into the finale.

Luthen getting a reaction from Maarva's speech and the ensuing riot. A real rebellion and a real symbol of rebellion at work. Good.

Stool pigeon tries to turn in Cassian, realizes how badly he screwed up, then ends up dead for it. Whole lotta karma.

Wow, Syril actually accomplished something by saving his crush! Maybe this means a another promotion. Will he bring Mosk with him? He seemed pretty done with it himself by the end of it.

It was the B-MO goodbye that got me the most.

I should start to expect less from Death Troopers.

Well, it's nice that Cassian's friends and remaining loved ones are getting out of dodge with the hopeful promise that he'll find them again...but knowing how he is in Rogue One, either he never got the chance, he left them to their peace, or something happened to them. Or some mix of the three.

So...Luthen training Cassian into a proper Rebel? Making him more ruthless? It'll be interesting to see how much changes in the time-skip to season 2.

Well, looks like the theories those parts were for the Death Star were on-point, and the double irony that Cassian helped build the thing that ultimately killed him and was his final mission. Symmetry is beauty, in a way.

Color me also as someone who wants to know if we'll ever find out about Cassian's sister.