Thread: Andor TV Series

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Snoke was controversial?

Pointless?
    Yes.
    Controversial?
    How?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Snoke was controversial?

Pointless?
    Yes.
    Controversial?
    How?
    Wasn't the Palpatine twist with Snoke the controversial thing?

Maybe we'll see something like the original Snoke. Like Smeagol in the opening of ROTK, played by regular Andy Serkis.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Snoke was controversial?

Pointless?
    Yes.
    Controversial?
    How?
    Being a character from the sequel trilogy by itself would make him controversial. We're that far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't the Palpatine twist with Snoke the controversial thing?
    Not really, as soon he actually appeared on screen looking like a weird clone of the Emperor it was a forgone conclusion for just about everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Being a character from the sequel trilogy by itself would make him controversial. We're that far gone.
    I don't care for the sequels but that doesn't make characters from there controversial, in fact the episode where we saw early Snoke clones in the Mandalorian was one of my favorites so it's not the concepts that are broken just the execution.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Not really, as soon he actually appeared on screen looking like a weird clone of the Emperor it was a forgone conclusion for just about everyone.

I don't care for the sequels but that doesn't make characters from there controversial, in fact the episode where we saw early Snoke clones in the Mandalorian was one of my favorites so it's not the concepts that are broken just the execution.
    Knowing how divisive the sequels are any elements taken from them is going to carry baggage even if the concept is sound. It's a poison chalice

Knowing how divisive the sequels are any elements taken from them is going to carry baggage even if the concept is sound. It's a poison chalice
    Eh, I think that's blown out of proportion. Like I said, we already got a Snoke cameo in the Mandalorian...and no one cared so I doubt it'll be an issue here either

Eh, I think that's blown out of proportion. Like I said, we already got a Snoke cameo in the Mandalorian...and no one cared so I doubt it'll be an issue here either
    Who cares about Snoke clones when we got Luke Skywalker in the same episode?

Who cares about Snoke clones when we got Luke Skywalker in the same episode?
    ...It wasn't the same episode. The clones that looked like Snoke were in the fourth episode...I don't think we even saw them in the last

...It wasn't the same episode. The clones that looked like Snoke were in the fourth episode...I don't think we even saw them in the last
    Was it episode 4? I could was sworn we didn't learn what project the remnants of the Empire was working on actually was until they got to the Moff ship.

The plan I think is a bit vague, I think their intention was to somehow extract force-sensitive stuff from Grogu and maybe use it on some form of clone, which might be linked to Palpatine's eventual plans.

That....seems....to be the case?

It's clear they were trying to extract midiclorians from Grogu, they even mention a "M-count" when talking about his blood samples. But they don't explain why. The only thing that makes sense right now, far as I can tell, is that clones can't be Force sensitive and this is what Gideon was trying to fix; creating a clone for Palpatine that could access the Force. Ultimately the experiments were only partially successful; Snoke was a half-melted mess and the "true" Palpatine clone had to be hooked up to machines on Exogul to stay alive (I guess?)

It might even tie into Omega and the Bad Batch. She may not be Force sensitive but she may have been an early attempt to create one, likely by splicing Jango Fett's genetics with a Force user (probably Anakin).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Some of Snoke's disfigurement is apparently tied to an unseen battle with Luke-in the Kylo Ren comic Ben says "Look what Master Luke did to you!"

I think the scar on Snoke's head is meant to be a lightsaber wound as well.