Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

It's been a good show, but like all prequels it suffers from knowing nothing will happen to Cassian when he ends up on Scarif. And his ultimate fate weighs heavy on the show.
    Is Cassian interesting enough to care how he joined the Rebels? Not sure, but some of the other characters are keeping it interesting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Looks it might explore other aspects of the Rebellion over time, as we know from the trailers Mon Mothma is due to play a big role, as is Saw.

We might even see Jyn-this is set in the year Saw abandoned her. The actress who played young Jyn in the prologue could maybe show up as teen Jyn.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So I looked up the actor who played Timm, turns out he was also in The Force Awakens, as a resistance pilot who was also the film's "Kelvin" Easter egg-Niv Lek.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think my only complaint is that I don't think there should have been episode breaks here. Splitting it up the way they did made it feel slightly disjointed in a way that wouldn't have been the case had it just progressed straight through.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think my only complaint is that I don't think there should have been episode breaks here. Splitting it up the way they did made it feel slightly disjointed in a way that wouldn't have been the case had it just progressed straight through.
    My thoughts exactly.

It's interesting that watching this...at times it didn't feel like I was really watching Star Wars because in terms of the tone, content, and general execution it just felt so different from what we have seen before, but that's very much in-line with Rogue One.

I mean, we literally have the protagonist accidentally killing a dude and then shooting another guy in cold blood.

Honestly I feel like this is the show people were expecting Book of Boba Fett to be.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's interesting that watching this...at times it didn't feel like I was really watching Star Wars because in terms of the tone, content, and general execution it just felt so different from what we have seen before, but that's very much in-line with Rogue One.

I mean, we literally have the protagonist accidentally killing a dude and then shooting another guy in cold blood.

Honestly I feel like this is the show people were expecting Book of Boba Fett to be.
    He did even worse in Rogue One, he shot a friend.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Thinking Saw might show much worse. In Rogue One his attack on the Imperial tank had civilians in the crossfire and Jyn and co. had to intervene (although unfortunately, said civilians probably died later when the city was pretty much evaporated; although of course it's possible they evacuated like the Imperials, Dr. Evazan and Ponda Babba, some of Saw's group and of course the Rogue One group themselves) and it's implied he's done much worse by Mon Mothma.

Mighty Member

The official Starwars.com episode guide is out for the first three. And it clears up the issue with the timing on the Kemari flashbacks.

"The flashbacks in this episode occur during the later years of the Republic, prior to the start of the Clone Wars, with Maarva and Clem worrying about an incoming Republic frigate interrupting their salvage operation. The dead crewers aboard the transport corsair wear uniforms with a symbol closely related to the eventual Separatist Alliance. Travel to Kenari will later be restricted by the Empire due to environmental disaster."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's been a good show, but like all prequels it suffers from knowing nothing will happen to Cassian when he ends up on Scarif. And his ultimate fate weighs heavy on the show.
    Is Cassian interesting enough to care how he joined the Rebels? Not sure, but some of the other characters are keeping it interesting.
    Cassian works better in an ensemble. It's similar to how Better Call Saul works. Jimmy and Mike benefitted from all the new faces.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-27-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Thinking Saw might show much worse. In Rogue One his attack on the Imperial tank had civilians in the crossfire and Jyn and co. had to intervene (although unfortunately, said civilians probably died later when the city was pretty much evaporated; although of course it's possible they evacuated like the Imperials, Dr. Evazan and Ponda Babba, some of Saw's group and of course the Rogue One group themselves) and it's implied he's done much worse by Mon Mothma.
    I know in the Leia novel his group almost kill her in an explosion...but they also take out the guy the Empire has running Naboo who realized she was Padme's daughter.

He also lied to Chirrut and Baze about hijacking an Imperial transport to save refugees because he and his forces were planning to steal it to use against the Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The official Starwars.com episode guide is out for the first three. And it clears up the issue with the timing on the Kemari flashbacks.

"The flashbacks in this episode occur during the later years of the Republic, prior to the start of the Clone Wars, with Maarva and Clem worrying about an incoming Republic frigate interrupting their salvage operation. The dead crewers aboard the transport corsair wear uniforms with a symbol closely related to the eventual Separatist Alliance. Travel to Kenari will later be restricted by the Empire due to environmental disaster."
    Nice to have some clarification.

Episode 4 was fun. We get some new info on Luthen.

Interesting that we replaced an uptight zealous company security officer with something to prove who disagrees with his superior with an uptight zealous Imperial Security officer with something to prove who disagrees with her superior.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting that we replaced an uptight zealous company security officer with something to prove who disagrees with his superior with an uptight zealous Imperial Security officer with something to prove who disagrees with her superior.
    They are gonna team up. .

Extraordinary Member

"Why must everything be so boring and sad?" Lol. Same question I been asking myself when it comes to entertainment the last 10 years or so. Kind of a shame they put so much into a show about a char that's already dead.