Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think it'd fanservice. Mon Montha makes sense but her scenes have unclear stakes. It's no different than Syril and his mom.
    I am not saying putting in Montha is fan service, but spending this much time on her domestic issues looks to be there to appease people deep into cannon. Me, I find it tiresome and unnecessary.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm thinking Bail might show up fairly soon (We saw him in Obi-Wan, of course, but more as a concerned father than active in the rebels)-if Mon Mothma''s the mother of the Rebellion, he is in many ways it's father. Although maybe Bail comes in more after Luthen is (presumably) killed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So this one was a bit more action-oriented after all the build up.

It was great. I'm hyped for the next 6.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    . Perhaps it's just that so many other shows have been set around this same time period; Solo, Bad Batch, Rebels, etc. I said from the start that this is the era I think they've covered the most, and I wasn't excited to see yet another "formation of the Alliance" story. I dunno.......
    I mean kinda?, I'd argue none of them are as interesting as this show. And was never this deep with inner workings of the early rebellion. It's not like we won't get a fuck TON of other shows set in other eras.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Not to mention Rebels was trash, and a waste of a setting. It had some great episodes, but not enough for me to praise it.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 10-12-2022 at 12:43 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I find it tragically fascinating, watching Mothma's family disintegrate, lol. I think they could more than tolerate each other until the Empire rose, and their differences started to become HUGE, and now they're miserable. But yeah, that marriage is deader than a door nail. I bet they're not fuckin either.

It's interesting that the Rebels had weapons that looked like an AK-47. I can't believe that's a coincidence, with that weapon and the Aldonis and their culture and situation. I had a couple guesses, but I'm not really familiar enough with real world conflicts to know what they might be referencing.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty good heist episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I find it tragically fascinating, watching Mothma's family disintegrate, lol. I think they could more than tolerate each other until the Empire rose, and their differences started to become HUGE, and now they're miserable. But yeah, that marriage is deader than a door nail. I bet they're not fuckin either.
    It's an interesting contrast with what we've seen of the Organas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't care about Mon Mothma and found her domestic scenes tedious. I thought this series was not going to do fan service?
    Is the Mon Mothma scenes fan service? Her scenes are like being stuck at a fancy party and the two host won't stop arguing and you want to leave but you just got there.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I wouldn't consider it that too much. The daughter is very obscure old EU stuff from the tabletop RPG sourcebooks, and the rest of her family from a ROTS tie-in graphic novel that was basically the STAR WARS VISIONS (It was called VISIONARIES, funny enough) of it's time and perhaps was most notable for introducing the concept of Cyborg leg Maul.

Editing my comments. Not as thrilled with this ep as others, but did not realize we are only half way through the season.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-15-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Eye was everything they'd hyped it up to be.

Honestly at this point I wish more shows would do on-location shoots than use Volume because it makes everything more eye-catching and real.

It's interesting that the Rebels here really come off the most like terrorists (and we know Saw's people are going to show up here) and the Imperials feel more human than they're usually depicted as. I mean, the Empire is still ultimately evil and awful, but it paints a more realistic and nuanced picture of the world of Star Wars.

I have to imagine when Stormtroopers finally start doing stuff outside appearing in background shots, it's going to be a big deal. Especially with how they used the Tie Fighters.

I know it probably wasn't unintentional but the two black guys on the team got the most unceremonious deaths (other than I guess Skeen getting Greedo'd by Cassian). Well, I guess the commodore dying of a heart attack because of some labor wasn't that impressive either, but it shows how fragile and quick the end of a life can be. Although conversely the lesbian couple survived.

I knew Nemik was going to die at some point, but what a brutal way to go. He deserved so much better, especially because when the chips were down and he was near dying, he came through in the end. And he believed in the cause more than anyone. It'll be interesting to see how Cassian will react to his manifesto. Also, the K-2SO foreshadowing...

So...did they kill the wife and kid? It seemed like Cinta wasn't in the room in the last scene where we see them. But I dunno...

Skeen was utter trash. He didn't cover Tamaryn and got him killed, he tried to recruit Cassian to steal the money and bail and would have probably killed Cassian too, and his gun was Greedo's. I'm not surprised Cassian shot first.

Cassian "I'm not joining the Rebellion yet" Andor. Which is good, because they're not rushing things.

The Senate is a shell of itself compared to the Prequels. I'm not even sure why Mon Mothma even bothers any more. But was that Sly Moore in the background?

Luthen laughing at a successful mission, but a part of that feels inappropriate because of the loss of life and sheer bitterness we see from those who pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Know I'm maybe overspeculating on potential cameos perhaps, but with the show featuring the ISB and taking place around the time of Rebels season one, I wouldn't rule out Yularen or Kallus.
    Guess I wasn't overspeculating