Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

Niffleheim

It felt like a start of a new season after the last episode.

Anyway the standouts for me were Luthen, Maarva and Mon Mothma. I love how the show is depicting fascism and I hope they continue.

It feels like Saw wont be showing up in this season.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Tay Kolma's outfit kind of reminds me a bit of the Obi-Wan concept art from Ralph Mcquarrie for A NEW HOPE-specifically, when it was more inspired by Kurosawa.

The look made it into a few action figures:

https://www.banthaskull.com/photo_ga...t-obi-wan-yoda

https://starwarscollector.com/2022/0...rooper-figure/

Could just be a coincidence but Disney likes to include tributes to Ralph's work here and there. For example there's an Imperial turret last episode that was pretty much directly inspired by one of the concepts for the Rebel's emplacements in ESB.

I'm guessing some thought we'd see the intro of KS20 but I think they're still keeping the comic one-shot in canon. I'm guessing Syril figures out where Andor is from his desk job and somehow is involved in his escape.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-19-2022 at 03:21 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Episode 7 was a good table-setting episode, addressing the consequences of the Aldani heist while setting up the next arc.

spoilers:
    PS. I cheered when K2SO came onscreen.
    end of spoilers

Great "in-between" episode to see the fallout from the heist while setting up the next arc.
    -- I loved the whole ISB scene where everything was so polite and formal, but there was some cut-throat maneuvers going on. I feel that people are meant to like Dedra despite working for the Empire,(I do) but it would be fitting for this series if Blevin ends up getting the better of her and either kills her or ruins her. I feel this show more than any other SW show would do that to a character fans like.
    -- Was I the only one who said "Patrick!" when Mon's old friend showed up at the party? (Oliver would be so jealous..!)
    -- I suspect Luthen's assistant might've been going off-book ordering Andor's death to protect Luthen (and Vel didn't give her the Kyber crystal - I'm guessing they're holding off that moment for another time)
    -- I know this show is brutal for SW, but kudos to them for managing to sidestep any lynching imagery with Clem's hanging.

Finally after wandering around the shire for the past 4 or so episodes we get to see a few Star Wars elements (Droids! An alien or two!) exist in this world. I was also really glad to see Ben Miles as one of Mon Mothma's contacts. No word on whether or not he is a tripod like he was on the series "Coupling" yet.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That was a pretty solid episode, almost felt like the start of a brand new season rather than the start of the third leg with its change in scenery.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The appeal of this show is that it feels really fresh to me.It feels unburdened by nostalgia unlike the rest of the Disney Era. Rather than its maturity or nuance (which are still pluses), that's the real value if the show to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-20-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The appeal of this show is that it feels really fresh to me.It feels unburdened by nostalgia unlike the rest of the Disney Era. Rather than its maturity or nuance (which are still pluses), that's the real value if the show to me.
    totally agree!
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

The scene transition with the camera paining across the beach planet with funked up music playing was straight out of a Fast And Furious movie. Can’t wait to find out which English seaside town the concrete steps and railings were from. Lots of South Bank and Barbican looking bits on Coruscant too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The scene transition with the camera paining across the beach planet with funked up music playing was straight out of a Fast And Furious movie. Can’t wait to find out which English seaside town the concrete steps and railings were from. Lots of South Bank and Barbican looking bits on Coruscant too.
    I think it's Cleveleys just north of Blackpool, on the Fylde coast.

So this is more about the Empire right. I can't recall a live action effort showing this level of Empire structure. That's dope, I dig it well enough, even with that stretch where the coolest thing was that buzzing Tie Fighter.

No, I did not look it up, is this the same actress to play Mon Mothma in the other ones? Surly not the one from 1983.

I like Syril's build up and Dedra is interesting too.

I don't think anything near the word Jedi has even been said has it?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Thought I saw one of the droids in the show before-the ones with the blank faceplates seen around the ISB appear to be a repainted version of the Waiter Droids from Last Jedi: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/SE8_waiter_droid

Or, since TLJ takes place later and the ISB is presumably no more, maybe Canto Bight just reprogrammed them. Even R2-D2 had a temporary job as a waiter on Jabba's barge

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

No, I did not look it up, is this the same actress to play Mon Mothma in the other ones? Surly not the one from 1983.
    Not from 83, no. But from the prequels and Rogue One. Though all of her stuff in the prequels was pretty much cut. Genevieve O'Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Not from 83, no. But from the prequels and Rogue One. Though all of her stuff in the prequels was pretty much cut. Genevieve O'Reilly.
    OK, right on.

I know there are a couple legacy actors, not too many old schoolers at this point but the franchise just keeps rolling.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The original actress, Caroline Blackiston, is still around though. It'd be interesting if she played Mon Mothma's mother as a nod (Since they're introducing her family), although I don't think she's done any acting since 2019 and is nearing 90.

If she can't do it, Carolyn Seymour would be cool too (She voiced Mothma in some of the video games, and kind of looks like she could be related).

You can kind of make her out in the theatrical cut of ROTS, she's part of the entourage that greets Anakin/Obi-Wan/Palpatine at the landing pad. But she's kind of small in the shot. Kind of like the MJ cameo in Amazing Spider-Man 2-blink and you'll miss it.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-21-2022 at 10:14 AM.