Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Andor TV Series

Pretty good episode this week with the prison breakout ("One Way Out"). No Syril and not a lot of Deedra and co. but a bit of Mothma and a pretty chilling ending scene with Luthen and his ISB mole.

Kind of cool and a bit funny that basically the whole escape hinges on Andor sabotaging the Imperial bathroom plumbing.

Also another use of "Climb!" here-which were the final words of both K-S20 and Nejik here.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Mon scene was chilling.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

This show man.....FUCK. I just love it so much. "I can't swim" "I've made my mind a sunless place." Those monologs man, DAMN.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Kind of wonder what's going to happen to Aldahni and Narkini V's Imperial facilities and surviving personnel (or any remaining captives like Kino). The Empire has been known to go scorched Earth in the Disney canon to hide their failures at times, or attempts at covering stuff up (They tried to frame their destruction of the Jawa sandcrawler as a Tusken attack by leaving Tusken weapons and tracks at the site; presumably that's probably their cover for the Lars family as well). Bringing a Destroyer probably doesn't bode well.

As for the next two episodes:

There seems to be at least a battle coming on Ferrix as well, which will apparently involve the Army troopers, Stormtroopers and a small group of Deathtroopers. Thinking probably Andor's foster mother gets killed there.

I'm guessing Luthen helps get Andor and some of the others off-planet, and that's where the footage of Luthen's ship engaging TIE fighters and an Arrestor Cruiser comes from.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-09-2022 at 04:03 PM.

This episode was a banger and I'm hyped for the next two.

There is a fan theory that Luthen was a former Jedi that lost the ability to use the force. Its a fun theory but a longshot to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-10-2022 at 08:48 AM.

EXPOSITION DUMP lol. This show is fkn fantastic. So I guess the Luthen prequel is the next phase? Assuming they squeeze another 12 right up to Rouge One.

DEADra is my favorite but shoutout to Andrew Serkis for his arc alone. The set pieces, the prison control room, with the dots on the map, yo, all great.

Going back, since his reveal I've wondered what Gorn's endgame figured to be. It's clearer now this whole concept has been about the sacrifices for any Rebellion.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Another excellent episode.

This show is a direct rebuttal to anyone who says Disney ruined Star Wars.

This has been a great series. Ironically, even though this show doesn't feature Jedi, the thought that magical space wizards exist in this gritty, miserable, mundane world actually makes them seem impressive again, more so than a show featuring Force users performing ever-increasingly spectacular feats, where we've become almost numb to it. (remember when Luke moving a lightsaber to his hand seemed SO amazing?)

And to chime in on the whole "is this Star Wars" debate, this show has the biggest quality of Star Wars -- the WAR of rebels against an evil Empire. (I mean, they felt a need to invent the First Order just to make sure the good guys could still be considered rebels)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-10-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Niffleheim

from the little we have seen of luthen and saw what do you think are their ideological similarities and differences?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    from the little we have seen of luthen and saw what do you think are their ideological similarities and differences?
    Saw is more of a purist while Luthen is more willing to compromise to get things done.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Saw is more of a purist while Luthen is more willing to compromise to get things done.
    I see them both as purists but with different scope and I don't see Luthen at all as someone who compromises. He already knows the objective he wants to achieve and he'll do everything to accomplish that.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I see them both as purists but with different scope and I don't see Luthen at all as someone who compromises. He already knows the objective he wants to achieve and he'll do everything to accomplish that.
    Saw isn't willing to work with former seperatists.. that's what I mean by purist.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Saw isn't willing to work with former seperatists.. that's what I mean by purist.
    Ah! got it, we agree there

In his introductory story way back in Clone Wars, his sister was killed due to the actions of a Separatist droid gunship, so kind of makes sense why he won't work with them.