Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Regardless of how abusive and controlling Bruce usually is, he just doesn't know how to enjoy life. Diana loves to feel boundless joy and clear shinning beauty. Doesn't mean she can't appreciate other things, but it's what drives her. Bruce doesn't have that in him. Steve Trevor is good human being whose utter decency and commitment she appreciates. I still dont think he would necessarily be the love of her life, but I'm okay with the emphasis usually placed on him since he was her first contact with the outside world and the person that probaby helped her handle the disappointments the most.
    DC just has a thing for evil WW but Batman is always to be blamed. Even in Flashpoint Paradox, they have to make evil WW go after Lois Lane lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    A cynical person would point out its likely even though WW is an evil arm candy shell of her former character following Supes down the irredeemable rabbit hole in the Injustice universe. She is still with Supes and that to some WW fans would be a better fate than being shipped with Batman in any context.
    Irony the biggest example of Supes and Wondy together in all mediums is them being evil villains but let WW ever show any attraction to Bruce and she's basically become an angst sponge for Bruce
    This kinda happened... Ok technically it's Mary Marvel's analogue, but in the Crisis on Two Earths movie Mary was Superwoman and Superwoman was the CSA replacement for WW. At any rate Mary was the only CSA member actually on board with the idea of trying to destroy the multiverse.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DC has a thing to make nice heroes evil because it's controversial and edgy
    ...for like the first couple of times, after that, it's just boring

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pairing her with either Batman and Superman are bad, but Batman/Wonder Woman is what's pertinent to the thread.

And as I've said it goes beyond just shipping the two. She jobs, twice, to Batman in Injustice 2 while being made the most irredeemably evil former hero so they can have another flying brick for Bats to punch around. So let's not pretend Batman or his writers haven't done anything to get some bite back from fans of other characters.
    But even in the Wonder Woman forum you don't see this level of negativity towards Superman from her fans. There's a Superman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread that's one of the most popular threads in the Wonder Woman forum. In general, at least here on CBR, Wonder Woman fans like Superman. They especially like him a whole lot more than they like Bruce, who might be the most hated character among her fans. Only place where Bruce seems to be hated more is this forum.

And I'm well aware that just because people hate certain versions of Bruce doesn't mean they hate all versions. However, these same "I don't hate him just the jerk versions" people only talk about the versions they hate. The Bruce appreciation thread is a Ghost town, why don't all these supposed fans go in and post scans of Silver/Bronze Age Batman who wasn't a jerk? Why not post your favorite moments of non jerk Bruce instead of ranting about how much the modern one sucks for the millionth time. Almost like they enjoy bitching about current Bruce more than they like positively discussing the past Bruce they claim to like.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 02-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    But even in the Wonder Woman forum you don't see this level of negativity towards Superman from her fans. There's a Superman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread that's one of the most popular threads in the Wonder Woman forum. In general, at least here on CBR, Wonder Woman fans like Superman.
    I think most people either like Superman or don't care about him. Not many hate him. But as far as the Superman/ Wonder Woman thread, I don't know how many people actually visit it. it's mostly just people posting photos of normal couples dressed as Superman and Wonder Woman. It's not a discussion thread. I personally never visit it because even tho I dislike the concept I see no reason in being a party pooper for something they enjoy within the confines of those two threads. But once you take it out of those places of course I'm gonna bash an idea that hurts a majorly underserviced character like WW

I think most people either like Superman or don't care about him. Not many hate him. But as far as the Superman/ Wonder Woman thread, I don't know how many people actually visit it. it's mostly just people posting photos of normal couples dressed as Superman and Wonder Woman. It's not a discussion thread. I personally never visit it because even tho I dislike the concept I see no reason in being a party pooper for something they enjoy within the confines of those two threads. But once you take it out of those places of course I'm gonna bash an idea that hurts a majorly underserviced character like WW
    Whether there's much actual discussion going on or not, there's clearly a sizeable number of Superman/Wonder Woman shippers over there. There wouldn't be as many posts as there are if that pairing wasn't largely popular among Wonder Woman fans. There is or was a Batman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread in that forum but it barely got any posts. Obviously Wonder Woman fans like Superman much more. Not that it really matters, I myself am largely indifferent to her but it is something I've noticed.

Whether there's much actual discussion going on or not, there's clearly a sizeable number of Superman/Wonder Woman shippers over there. There wouldn't be as many posts as there are if that pairing wasn't largely popular among Wonder Woman fans. There is or was a Batman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread in that forum but it barely got any posts. Obviously Wonder Woman fans like Superman much more. Not that it really matters, I myself am largely indifferent to her but it is something I've noticed.
    Or maybe it's the same group of 10 people constantly posting on there. I'm not saying it is, I haven't looked closely on it, but it's possible

Yup, I just checked. 90% of the posts there are the same 4 people.

Yup, I just checked. 90% of the posts there are the same 4 people.
    4 more people than there are WonderBat shippers on the entire forum. Well, 3 more if you count the person who made the Batman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread, and I'm sure that thread was just the OP posting with little to no contributions from anyone else.

I'm not arguing that one is better than the other, I'm refutting your argument that "superman and wonder woman are popular in this forum".

I'm not arguing that one is better than the other, I'm refutting your argument that "superman and wonder woman are popular in this forum".
    They're a much more popular pairing than Batman and Wonder Woman are tho, like it's not even close. If you were to make a poll telling Wonder Woman fans there's a hypothetical situation where they must pair her with one, Superman would run away with it. I'm not saying every Wonder Woman fan wants or even likes the idea of her being in a relationship with Superman, but I have noticed: A. less hatred in general towards Superman from her fans and B. more SuperWonder shippers among the Wonder Woman fandom.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

WonderBat fans I saw a lot of them are on Facebook or Youtube
    Sometimes Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    WonderBat fans I saw a lot of them are on Facebook or Youtube
    Sometimes Twitter
    That's true, I see a lot of them on those sites too, but they're a small, almost nonexistent group here on CBR. It's a pairing that's mostly popular among more casual fans than the hardcore fans here.

But even in the Wonder Woman forum you don't see this level of negativity towards Superman from her fans. There's a Superman/Wonder Woman appreciation thread that's one of the most popular threads in the Wonder Woman forum. In general, at least here on CBR, Wonder Woman fans like Superman. They especially like him a whole lot more than they like Bruce, who might be the most hated character among her fans. Only place where Bruce seems to be hated more is this forum.

And I'm well aware that just because people hate certain versions of Bruce doesn't mean they hate all versions. However, these same "I don't hate him just the jerk versions" people only talk about the versions they hate. The Bruce appreciation thread is a Ghost town, why don't all these supposed fans go in and post scans of Silver/Bronze Age Batman who wasn't a jerk? Why not post your favorite moments of non jerk Bruce instead of ranting about how much the modern one sucks for the millionth time. Almost like they enjoy bitching about current Bruce more than they like positively discussing the past Bruce they claim to like.
    What Alpha said, I’m not sure one can claim it’s popular particular pairing over the other among WW fans who post here when it’s an appreciation thread that is just the same four people posting stuff. It just means the ones who do post there are more committed than the BM/WW shippers here.

And as for Bruce’s thread being a ghost town, well so is Superman’s for the most part and most of the posts in Wonder Woman’s are from me which is probably because all characters already have an entire subforum dedicated to them so an appreciation thread is a bit redundant after that.

They're a much more popular pairing than Batman and Wonder Woman are tho, like it's not even close. If you were to make a poll telling Wonder Woman fans there's a hypothetical situation where they must pair her with one, Superman would run away with it. I'm not saying every Wonder Woman fan wants or even likes the idea of her being in a relationship with Superman, but I have noticed: A. less hatred in general towards Superman from her fans and B. more SuperWonder shippers among the Wonder Woman fandom.
    It depends on where you go. Reddit for instance, you talk about SM/WW in the DC sub you're downvoted to hell. They love some Wonderbat though, because its a pretty big Batman fan community. Its just about the preferences of the particular community. Here and other places, its loathed. Other places still, its liked.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El