Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Holly Hunter As Hippolyta?

What do you think? Could you see her as Gal Gadot's mother, our regal warrior, Queen Hippolyta?
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 08-20-2014 at 03:01 PM.

I could see it.
    I haven't seen too many things with Holly in it, but she does a reputation of being a great actress, so she'd probably do good in the role.
    But she's kind of short (5'2''). Normally, that wouldn't matter, but for an Amazon? I don't know.
    Then again, movie magic, lifts, etc. can probably solve that.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

She's a great actress and has a huge range so she could definitely pull off the character.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I thought the majority of us decided that this role should go to Lynda Carter?

In all seriousness, Holly looks like she could pull off the part based on appearance alone.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Can she drop that extremely Southern accent that she seems to have whenever I've seen her?

I don't see why not. Come to think of it, it wouldn't bother me much to have her keep it. Let the Amazons have a bunch of different accents.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Can she drop that extremely Southern accent that she seems to have whenever I've seen her?
    I was thinking about that too, but she has an Oscar. She can do it.

I see her more as Veronica Cale, though I don't figure that Snyder necessarily has Cale in his plans.

I like Amazons to be immortal in the sense they don't age. So at the most, Hippolyta should look like Diana's older sister. Besides her age, Holly could obviously pull the role off, she's amazingly talented. But didn't Snyder say they'd created an entirely new character for Holly? (not that these CBM directors are above lying, lol)
    Last edited by Top Carnivore; 08-20-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    I like Amazons to be immortal in the sense they don't age. So at the most, Hippolyta should look like Diana's older sister. Besides her age, Holly could obviously pull the role off, she's amazingly talented. But didn't Snyder say they'd created an entirely new character for Holly? (not that these CBM directors are above lying, lol)
    Yeah I googled "Holly Hunter Hippolyta" and was coming back here to say it was a false alarm. She'll be playing someone new.

Is it just me or are there certain similarities the women Snyder casts for these films seem to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Is it just me or are there certain similarities the women Snyder casts for these films seem to have?
    Like what? All I could think of was he cast two Israeli women: Ayelet Zurer and Gal Gadot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Like what? All I could think of was he cast two Israeli women: Ayelet Zurer and Gal Gadot.
    They all have small framed builds and they're all accessibly attractive, as opposed to being drop dead gorgeous bombshells.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    She's playing the role of a senator and set pics have already caught her on set in a nice business-type outfit. She's not Hippolyta.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    She's playing the role of a senator and set pics have already caught her on set in a nice business-type outfit. She's not Hippolyta.
    Senator Barbara Minerva.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

never thought of her as that person. but it could work!!