Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Bruh, also I miss this Gwen.
    Really hope this is what insomniac's version is based on.I'd like to see Peter's and Gwen's interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh, also I miss this Gwen.
    Really hope this is what insomniac's version is based on.I'd like to see Peter's and Gwen's interactions.
    This version of Gwen is dead. You'll only see Spider-Gwen from now on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This version of Gwen is dead. You'll only see Spider-Gwen from now on.
    I know, I meant in adaptations like TASM.
    Spider-gwen isn't a character I care about, she's nothing like Gwen and just using the name.I loved her solo's but she's not my type in 616 IG.And the Miles gwen "romance" was one of the worst ones I've seen.Forced af, future cliche, mediocre at best writing, but mostly bad, just to sell covers and no chemistry.This is in comics ofc, not ITSV

Spider-gwen isn't a character I care about, she's nothing like Gwen and just using the name.I loved her solo's but she's not my type in 616 IG.And the Miles gwen "romance" was one of the worst ones I've seen.Forced af, future cliche, mediocre at best writing, but mostly bad, just to sell covers and no chemistry.This is in comics ofc, not ITSV
    Well, to be honest, TASM feels as much like Gwen in name only to me too, or just another reinvention.

No, I mean if you see Gwen again in an adaptation, it will be as Spider-Gwen (or a pre-powers Spider-Gwen). The idea of a civilian Gwen is done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to be honest, TASM feels as much like Gwen in name only to me too, or just another reinvention.
    Yeah, but atleast she still interacts w/ the same characters.TASM Gwen is a good evolution of Gwen.Spider-gwen(Earth-65) goes way off track

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No, I mean if you see Gwen again in an adaptation, it will be as Spider-Gwen (or a pre-powers Spider-Gwen). The idea of a civilian Gwen is done.
    I know what you mean, I'm saying I hope not.Even if she is hopefully she's Peter's age group.

Oof.
    Yeah, but atleast she still interacts w/ the same characters.TASM Gwen is a good evolution of Gwen.Spider-gwen(Earth-65) goes way off track
    She's basically a reinvention of the character of the Gwen Stacy. Maybe not as much as Earth-65, but still.

Extraordinary Member

She's basically a reinvention of the character of the Gwen Stacy. Maybe not as much as Earth-65, but still.
    It's not even close, even personality wise 65 Gwen is more diff. than TASM.But the superhero stuff makes it no contest.

Hey maybe it' just my bias but this is a 616 Gwen appreciation thread, as I'm told we should support the character in the thread. Spider-gwen has here own as well.Movie versions are discussed in these as well, so 616 and TASM are discussed here whereas ITSV and 65 are discussed in Ghost Spider.

Idk, I just want Gwen to be remotely like her comic book counterpart and also interact w/ the same people.Why do we have to jam her w/ Miles, guy barely has anything original as is.Doesn't it get tiring to do hand me downs, do something original for once....

It's not even close, even personality wise 65 Gwen is more diff. than TASM.But the superhero stuff makes it no contest.

Hey maybe it' just my bias but this is a 616 Gwen appreciation thread, as I'm told we should support the character in the thread. Spider-gwen has here own as well.Movie versions are discussed in these as well, so 616 and TASM are discussed here whereas ITSV and 65 are discussed in Ghost Spider.

Idk, I just want Gwen to be remotely like her comic book counterpart and also interact w/ the same people.Why do we have to jam her w/ Miles, guy barely has anything original as is.Doesn't it get tiring to do hand me downs, do something original for once....
    I think it's just that from a character standpoint there was a very firm ceiling for 616 Gwen in terms of her narrative function and role in the narrative of Spider-Man. You can doll that up a little but it ultimately remains true or you're not being true to what the significance of the character ended up being.

Earth-65 Gwen doesn't have that baggage and is basically a new character, so that freedom makes it easier to use her from a certain standpoint. With a version of Gwen more like 616 there's going to always be the expectation that she'll have to die.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's just that from a character standpoint there was a very firm ceiling for 616 Gwen in terms of her narrative function and role in the narrative of Spider-Man. You can doll that up a little but it ultimately remains true or you're not being true to what the significance of the character ended up being.

Earth-65 Gwen doesn't have that baggage and is basically a new character, so that freedom makes it easier to use her from a certain standpoint. With a version of Gwen more like 616 there's going to always be the expectation that she'll have to die.
    Agreed, but then use 616 Gwen in a way when she didn't die, maybe have Peter and Gwen meet here for the first time or something.There is so much you can do other than
    1)Change her entirely and her cast(so basically it's not Gwen in both character and connections) or
    2)Give her powers(so original....., also it works in an alt. reality but not in 616 and/or Insomniac)

Like use the character, don't destroy her and use her name.

Agreed, but then use 616 Gwen in a way when she didn't die, maybe have Peter and Gwen meet here for the first time or something.There is so much you can do other than
    1)Change her entirely and her cast(so basically it's not Gwen in both character and connections) or
    2)Give her powers(so original....., also it works in an alt. reality but not in 616 and/or Insomniac)

Like use the character, don't destroy her and use her name.
    Well, I think "destroy" is far from the intended effect.

I don't really see the point of introducing Gwen without the expectation that she dies, to be honest. Make her Peter's tech support? I think that would grate on people. SM3 showed trying to shove her between Peter and MJ doesn't work.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I think "destroy" is far from the intended effect.

I don't really see the point of introducing Gwen without the expectation that she dies, to be honest. Make her Peter's tech support? I think that would grate on people. SM3 showed trying to shove her between Peter and MJ doesn't work.
    But that's what happens, the end result isn't remotely like Gwen and it's not a modern evolution as much as a completely diff. character.

Then don't.I'm saying if you use her then do it w/ Peter as his support cast, not Miles or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    So, Romita was in favor of killing Gwen so people would notice her? The more commonly accepted reason is that they wanted to avoid this:

Attachment 107215
    Oh hey, Mexican Gwen, I now have a half assed excuse to post this:

I mean, he didn't fail at catching her .

TASM Gwen feels more like MJ combined with Gwen's alledged scientist side anyways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    TASM Gwen feels more like MJ combined with Gwen's alledged scientist side anyways.
    There are some parallels between TASM Gwen and 1610 MJ IIRC