Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ewing would feel so random on something like Venom.
    I'd argue that Donny has done a lot to make Venom a top tier B list with the potential to make him a low tier A list.
    3 years ago I would have said Ewing was too good for Venom, but today I think he is the perfect follow up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for Ewing. He's been gold on just about everything he's touched at Marvel, but is only now getting to play with the big, expensive toys.

On the other hand, I would love to see someone like Si Spurrier. That man makes good comics, and I'm still salty about DC cancelling his Hellblazer run just as it was really getting interesting. His Marvel work has been right up my alley, even when it's on a property I'm not a big fan of. And if anybody can really drill into Eddie Brock's head and find something interesting to say there it would be Spurrier. (Though my dream is get Spurrior on F4.)
    Good recommendation there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks like we'll be waiting a while longer to find out, as Venom #200 has been delayed from April to May, which means the relaunch will probably not be solicited for May now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'd argue that Donny has done a lot to make Venom a top tier B list with the potential to make him a low tier A list.
    3 years ago I would have said Ewing was too good for Venom, but today I think he is the perfect follow up.
    I don't know if it's a matter of being "too good" it just doesn't seem like a title I would ever see Ewing writing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'll say it again, I'm leaning Jason Aaron because I'm willing to bet Marvel will want to loop Knull into his Avengers 10000000 BC storyline.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'll say it again, I'm leaning Jason Aaron because I'm willing to bet Marvel will want to loop Knull into his Avengers 10000000 BC storyline.
    Aaron would be a natural follow up from Cates' style of storytelling in my opinion.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Oh god can we please keep Aaron far far away from Venom
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Aaron and Cates are the exact same writer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

So the thought occurred to me, what if we find out Venom's true name in #200 and the Venom series gets retitled with Cates still on the book?

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    So the thought occurred to me, what if we find out Venom's true name in #200 and the Venom series gets retitled with Cates still on the book?
    What if it’s retitled Venom: Captain Universe and That’s Cates’ new book.

So Marvel announced that the free comic book day Comic is Hulk / Venom. It comes out in August. Cates run on Venom ends with #200 in May. Immortal Hulk ends at 50, which with the current schedule would end in September. What if Cates is headed to Hulk and Ewing is headed to Venom and the FCBD title is the book that sets this up? Both books relaunch in September with new creative teams and maybe new #1's? For this to happen we would need a double ship month for IH in June or July. Then IH could wrap up in August with #50? IH will be retitled maybe just Hulk? Also Venom would have to go on hiatus for a few months as well before relaunching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So Marvel announced that the free comic book day Comic is Hulk / Venom. It comes out in August. Cates run on Venom ends with #200 in May. Immortal Hulk ends at 50, which with the current schedule would end in September. What if Cates is headed to Hulk and Ewing is headed to Venom and the FCBD title is the book that sets this up? Both books relaunch in September with new creative teams and maybe new #1's? For this to happen we would need a double ship month for IH in June or July. Then IH could wrap up in August with #50? IH will be retitled maybe just Hulk? Also Venom would have to go on hiatus for a few months as well before relaunching.
    I have a feeling Cates may be headed over to do Hulk. Venom has been stellar, no doubt about it. But Hulk has been the higher profile book and I could see Marvel wanting Cates to take that on. Especially since he is good with horror stuff. Not sure if Ewing would head to Venom but, since the character has stronger cosmic ties now, I could see Ewing taking it on alongside his Guardians and Sword stuff.

Me, I'm bringing back Flash Thompson. Sorry y'all
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Source for that? The Gold FCBD list has a generic description and placeholder cover that doesn't mention any specific characters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Source for that? The Gold FCBD list has a generic description and placeholder cover that doesn't mention any specific characters.
    Free Comic Book Day website has Hulk / Venom listed as a gold title. The official announcement is coming today on the titles.