Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who is taking over Venom after current team leaves?

I really love this version of Venom but I am curious as to who the creative team will be after the current one says goodbye in the coming months. The current team did an excellent job with big Venom based crossovers. They did right by Eddie so I am curious who will take the reins next, they have so big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I really love this version of Venom but I am curious as to who the creative team will be after the current one says goodbye in the coming months. The current team did an excellent job with big Venom based crossovers. They did right by Eddie so I am curious who will take the reins next, they have so big shoes to fill.
    No idea but I’m looking forward to finding out.

To be honest, the only writer I think I’d be happy with taking over is Al Ewing.

In Ryan Stegman's podcast about the end of their Venom run, Donny Cates said that he knows already who the next team will be and that he is "excited" about it, but didn't disclose anything else.

Whatever the case, I do hope Iban Coello becomes full time artist for Venom. His style is amazing and I love the life he gives to everything Symbiote.

I'm guessing it's gonna get a spiffy new #1 after 200 for the new team then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    In Ryan Stegman's podcast about the end of their Venom run, Donny Cates said that he knows already who the next team will be and that he is "excited" about it, but didn't disclose anything else.

Whatever the case, I do hope Iban Coello becomes full time artist for Venom. His style is amazing and I love the life he gives to everything Symbiote.
    Agreed on that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Whoever it is, I'm probably going to keep Venom on my pull list.
    There's enough there to make any direction work.

To be honest i'm kind of nervous about it, i never liked anti-hero Venom at all, Cates was the only one that made it work for me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Assuming the Spider-Office is keen on keeping this big galactic level stories going, I can see it being Al Ewing or Jason Aaron.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest i'm kind of nervous about it, i never liked anti-hero Venom at all, Cates was the only one that made it work for me.
    Same. Ten char
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Assuming the Spider-Office is keen on keeping this big galactic level stories going, I can see it being Al Ewing or Jason Aaron.
    I like how irreverent Al Ewing is in his descriptions for his tie-ins to King in Black --- specifically, referring to Knull's symbiote dragons as "latex dragons," insofar as symbiote biomass could pass for liquid latex.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

I'll be interested in seeing how Al Ewing handles Venom, I think he does a good job following up Cates (see Guardians) by respecting what he did while also not being chained down by it.
    It would also serve his Immortal Hulk nicely bas he gets to continue with doing the whole cosmic horror thing he had going on there. I could definitely see it following up on Eddie's psyche that Cates has laid the ground for.

On the other end, Jason Aaron would be good for creating a story that's more epic in scope. I could see him doing well with Venom as it seems like his sort of thing. I don't think it'll reach the emotional highs of Cates' run, but it definitely be a much more action oriented story.

I would honestly prefer Ewing in this case, but I wouldn't argue if we got Aaron.
    Then again, neither of them could get it.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The other reason Jason Aaron came to mind as a possibility is I can kind of see him looping the Knull storyline into his Avengers 1000000 BC thing.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Really not sure. There’s still a part of me unsure about Cates leaving.

Can’t think of someone standout, although I imagine Marvel would want someone reasonably high profile seeing Venom is currently one of Marvels biggest books.

For me, Cate’s Venom and Ewing’s Immortal Hulk are the best that marvel is putting out. Seen as Ewing is leaving hulk at issue 50 (as I understand) perhaps he could move onto Venom.

Infact. How great would the Immortal Hulk team be on a Venom book.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    For me, Cate’s Venom and Ewing’s Immortal Hulk are the best that marvel is putting out. Seen as Ewing is leaving hulk at issue 50 (as I understand) perhaps he could move onto Venom.

Infact. How great would the Immortal Hulk team be on a Venom book.
    Oh yeah, now there's a great idea.