Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    For me, Cate’s Venom and Ewing’s Immortal Hulk are the best that marvel is putting out. Seen as Ewing is leaving hulk at issue 50 (as I understand) perhaps he could move onto Venom.

Infact. How great would the Immortal Hulk team be on a Venom book.
    Maybe they could do a switcheroo like John Byrne (Alpha Flight) and the Hulk creative team did back in the day. They just switched titles so Byrne went on to a very good but way to short run on Hulk and the Hulk team took over Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Maybe they could do a switcheroo like John Byrne (Alpha Flight) and the Hulk creative team did back in the day. They just switched titles so Byrne went on to a very good but way to short run on Hulk and the Hulk team took over Alpha Flight.
    Maybe.

I’d be up for Coello staying for art also.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Maybe.

I’d be up for Coello staying for art also.
    Same here. Coello's too good to lose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Ewing and Coello would be my perfect dream team to continue after Cates and Stegman.
    It'll be funny as then Ewing would just be the guy who continues of comics after Cates.

Can't wait for Ewing to write Thor (at this point, I trust Ewing with anything he writes).

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Yeah, Ewing and Coello would be my perfect dream team to continue after Cates and Stegman.
    It'll be funny as then Ewing would just be the guy who continues of comics after Cates.

Can't wait for Ewing to write Thor (at this point, I trust Ewing with anything he writes).
    Ewing on Thor could be fun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ewing on Thor could be fun.

I reckon it'll happen eventually.
    Spider-man is the book I'll most love to see him on, I would rather him over Cates at this point in time (and I'll love Cates on that book, both are good choices).
    But that won't be for a while yet. I know Cates has said he'll be on Thor longer than he's on Venom, so we are probably looking at another 5 years with him on that book.
    Ewing's Guardians look like it's starting to hit it's strive now. That might be the most personal underrated book for me (what I mean by that is, it's the book I also put on the back burner but end up enjoying over most comics every month), and his SWORD has literally just started. I can see him managing 3 books a month. So him on Venom would be my best bet right now.

I have no idea what Cates is doing, I've kind of dropped the idea that Cates isn't down with Eddie, no, he has told the story he wants to tell.
    I can see him and Stegman doing a 12 issue maxi series on the Maker however. I think that's where his story will go.

I think it'll be something like that and then Cates gets a go on Spider-man, as I'm sure Spencer will be done in the next two years.
    Venom would be a good fit for Ewing as it means that he can continue with some of the themes of Immortal Hulk, while tying it into his Guardians and SWORD run and would also help bridge the gap between Hulk and Spider-man.
    But I can also see Jason Aaron getting into Venom as I don't know how much longer he'll be at Marvel and for me, Venom would be a good suit for him.

Needless to say, I think it's safe to say that Venom looks like it'll be in good hands for the next 5 years. And if you're not enjoying Spider-man now, don't worry because in a year it'll change over and that would be in good hands for the next 5 years too.

Saying that, either Cates or Ewing could reach their creative limit. I think Ewing has more chance of that happening over Cates as I like Ewing more to this generation's Bendis.

What I do know for sure is that Hickman will NEVER do Spider-man it Venom.

I reckon it'll happen eventually.
    Spider-man is the book I'll most love to see him on, I would rather him over Cates at this point in time (and I'll love Cates on that book, both are good choices).
    But that won't be for a while yet. I know Cates has said he'll be on Thor longer than he's on Venom, so we are probably looking at another 5 years with him on that book.
    Ewing's Guardians look like it's starting to hit it's strive now. That might be the most personal underrated book for me (what I mean by that is, it's the book I also put on the back burner but end up enjoying over most comics every month), and his SWORD has literally just started. I can see him managing 3 books a month. So him on Venom would be my best bet right now.

I have no idea what Cates is doing, I've kind of dropped the idea that Cates isn't down with Eddie, no, he has told the story he wants to tell.
    I can see him and Stegman doing a 12 issue maxi series on the Maker however. I think that's where his story will go.

I think it'll be something like that and then Cates gets a go on Spider-man, as I'm sure Spencer will be done in the next two years.
    Venom would be a good fit for Ewing as it means that he can continue with some of the themes of Immortal Hulk, while tying it into his Guardians and SWORD run and would also help bridge the gap between Hulk and Spider-man.
    But I can also see Jason Aaron getting into Venom as I don't know how much longer he'll be at Marvel and for me, Venom would be a good suit for him.

Needless to say, I think it's safe to say that Venom looks like it'll be in good hands for the next 5 years. And if you're not enjoying Spider-man now, don't worry because in a year it'll change over and that would be in good hands for the next 5 years too.

Saying that, either Cates or Ewing could reach their creative limit. I think Ewing has more chance of that happening over Cates as I like Ewing more to this generation's Bendis.

What I do know for sure is that Hickman will NEVER do Spider-man it Venom.
    I like most of those ideas. Would be glad to see some of them come into fruition.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I just want to see if anyone can possibly top this run. I doubt it

BANNED

I doubt Ewing will take over Venom, his hands seem pretty full on the cosmic side with Sword and Guardians.
    My guess would be someone who worked on the symbiote spin-offs.
    But I do wonder where Donny Cates goes from here, his only book outside Venom is Thor right now,
    and he is Marvel's golden boy so maybe the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I doubt Ewing will take over Venom, his hands seem pretty full on the cosmic side with Sword and Guardians.
    My guess would be someone who worked on the symbiote spin-offs.
    But I do wonder where Donny Cates goes from here, his only book outside Venom is Thor right now,
    and he is Marvel's golden boy so maybe the Avengers?
    Hmm, Cates on the Avengers could be interesting, though considering where Venom's gone in Cates's run and the symbiote's origins as an extraterrestrial lifeform, it's entirely possible Al Ewing could still integrate Venom with the other cosmic/space-related stuff he has going on S.W.O.R.D. and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Mighty Member

I doubt Cates would do Avengers. He has stated he isn't a fan of doing team books. I can see him doing Spider-man or even Hulk. At this point he can kind of do anything.
    Ewing on Venom would make sense and may actually top what Cates is doing. I think if anyone can make a celebrated Venom run, it's Ewing.

A part of me believes that Rosenberg will be the one to replace Spencer on ASM, I say this purely going off of the Last Remains tie in issues, there I believe Spencer was setting him up for that run.

I doubt Cates would do Avengers. He has stated he isn't a fan of doing team books. I can see him doing Spider-man or even Hulk. At this point he can kind of do anything.
    Ewing on Venom would make sense and may actually top what Cates is doing. I think if anyone can make a celebrated Venom run, it's Ewing.

A part of me believes that Rosenberg will be the one to replace Spencer on ASM, I say this purely going off of the Last Remains tie in issues, there I believe Spencer was setting him up for that run.
    That last one you mention could be interesting to see.

Mighty Member

Personally I'm hoping for Ewing. He's been gold on just about everything he's touched at Marvel, but is only now getting to play with the big, expensive toys.

On the other hand, I would love to see someone like Si Spurrier. That man makes good comics, and I'm still salty about DC cancelling his Hellblazer run just as it was really getting interesting. His Marvel work has been right up my alley, even when it's on a property I'm not a big fan of. And if anybody can really drill into Eddie Brock's head and find something interesting to say there it would be Spurrier. (Though my dream is get Spurrior on F4.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for Ewing. He's been gold on just about everything he's touched at Marvel, but is only now getting to play with the big, expensive toys.

On the other hand, I would love to see someone like Si Spurrier. That man makes good comics, and I'm still salty about DC cancelling his Hellblazer run just as it was really getting interesting. His Marvel work has been right up my alley, even when it's on a property I'm not a big fan of. And if anybody can really drill into Eddie Brock's head and find something interesting to say there it would be Spurrier. (Though my dream is get Spurrior on F4.)
    Ewing would feel so random on something like Venom.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I want Ewing on the FF or Dr Strange.

I’d like to see Donny do Blade, Moon Knight or Ghost Rider. But honestly - I’m not sure where he’s going to go.