Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Leader: Synch- Calm, collected and centered. So much leadership potential along with an incredible power if used correctly.
    Oya- Elemental powerhouse with untapped potential
    Tag- Afro Latinx psionic with creative power applications
    Decay- Moisture manipulation-still very much a blank slate.
    Gentle-Mega powerful Brick with a connection to Wakanda and Russia.
    Pathway- High end Teleporter, tragic backstory that needs to be expanded

Support cast: Claudette and Nicole St. Croix(really want the twins developed and their individual powers fleshed out), Triage, and Maggot

So i'm going with X-men:Liberators of the Galaxy BLACXMEN.jpg
    It's a decent size team as it operates on two fronts. They have a a Krakoan habitat in Kenya used as their base of operations in Storm's reclaimed land. They have also opened a few krakoan plant facilities there to help the local economy grow. One team operates more on the earth front and local sol system to bring to liberate oppressed people and help strive for equality for all. They do as much work for the marginalized communities of earth as they do for the galaxy. They work closely with sword and do share intel, if Sword is the people's sword then this team is the people's shield. Theres a lot more fluttering in my mnd but yeah. lol.
    Oh
    Storm- Leads
    Bishop-Co-lead
    Triage-Healer
    Nehzo and Frenzy- Strength diplomacy
    Manifold- Teleportation when no Krakoan gate
    Prodigy-Smarts
    Synch- all arounder
    Monet-Telepathy /ambassador
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-02-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love the idea that they're working closely with SWORD as the people's "shield" and is based in Kenya.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Flavor just jumped out Marvel would never serve like this though. And the casuals would be in an uproar.

Oh this is perfect. Good mix of personalities too.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love the idea that they're working closely with SWORD as the people's "shield" and is based in Kenya.
    Thanks. One of the conduit teams. Together they are able to restore a star or planet to it's peak health. It is so powerful that while they can't restore the inhabitants lost they can repair a planet even devoured by galactus if there is a single stone left.
    blackconduit.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is just pathetic, we as posters can come up with so many different team combos and there so many mutants to chose from but most of these are never in consideration.
    Because the usual suspects would throw a fit about it attacking them much like Finn in Star Wars.

Along with those who would never read it.

Along with store owners who don't want it on their shelves. Screaming "no one would buy it and it would flood bins." Yeah like all the other X-Men books that do that they don't complain about.

Along with those who want JUSIFACTION of why it' all black-something they don't ask of the all white teams.

Based on powers alone- teams like these could be all of one race or one gender. So a mission of all black mutants is NOT that far fetch. There are places where that would be welcomed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is just pathetic, we as posters can come up with so many different team combos and there so many mutants to chose from but most of these are never in consideration.
    The creativity here is very inspiring, and folks doing this for free.

Shame on the paid creative staff at Marvel.

Mighty Member

My vote is for Venom.

Amazing Member

Latina does not equal black. As the above pic shows, we've seen both sisters depowered and they are definitely not black. They dont need to be be retconned into being Afro-latinas. Latinx in general dont get much representation as it is in the X-men so preserving the limited diversity even within that subgroup is fine
    I... know Latino doesnÂ’t equal Black? ItÂ’s an ethnicity. Meaning Latinos can be white, indigenous, Asian etc. And newsflash, giving a character Black heritage doesnÂ’t make them less Latino. Unless you want to argue that Dr. Reyes is somehow less Latina than Rictor. If you do, you should probably ask yourself why that is.

Not saying a retcon is necessary, just that what weÂ’ve seen of them leaves the door open for more exploration. Similar to what theyÂ’ve done with Blink (if youÂ’d asked AoA and Exiles Vol 1 fans years ago if she was Black, theyÂ’d probably say no despite The Bahamas being established). Their childhood flashback was colored gray. If you show a picture of Jim LeeÂ’s version of Storm and Jean Grey in black and white to someone thatÂ’s never seen X-Men, they wouldnÂ’t be able to tell you which character is African and which is European. ThatÂ’s all~

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    I... know Latino doesnÂ’t equal Black? ItÂ’s an ethnicity. Meaning Latinos can be white, indigenous, Asian etc. And newsflash, giving a character Black heritage doesnÂ’t make them less Latino. Unless you want to argue that Dr. Reyes is somehow less Latina than Rictor. If you do, you should probably ask yourself why that is.

Not saying a retcon is necessary, just that what weÂ’ve seen of them leaves the door open for more exploration. Similar to what theyÂ’ve done with Blink (if youÂ’d asked AoA and Exiles Vol 1 fans years ago if she was Black, theyÂ’d probably say no despite The Bahamas being established). Their childhood flashback was colored gray. If you show a picture of Jim LeeÂ’s version of Storm and Jean Grey in black and white to someone thatÂ’s never seen X-Men, they wouldnÂ’t be able to tell you which character is African and which is European. ThatÂ’s all~
    THIS!!!!^^^^^^

Sunspot, Cecelia Reyes, Tag, Prodigy and Darwin are all Afro-Latine. Their race has nothing to do with their ethnicity, it doesn't make them less Latine for sure. It would be cool to see their identities be explored more because we need more afro-Latine representation. Most latines are mestizo which in simpler terms means they are biracial and could have indigenous, white, African and even asian ancestry. Wind Dancer and Rictor would be of indigenous and European descent or not to mention Thornn and Feral.

Not to mention Miles Morales is Also afro-latino. (Latine is a gender neutral term)

Hear you, but there has to be some consideration for the fact that even the best artist have had issues with drawing ethnicity in certain characters. Even though I love his art Jim Lee is no exception in this. The portrayals of black heroes is nuanced down to this type level which goes to show just how problematic things are.

Would love to see Christian and Christine return and use their New Warriors gear.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

No thats not an argument Im trying to make. Cecilia is an Afro-latina, the term I used in the quote you responded to. There are not that many Latinx X-men and as the other posted listed, most tend to be Afro-latinx. The Feral sisters are not and I think its fine to leave them like that

I don think there's any room for interpretation. The two characters are not black. We've seen them without their mutations. Its clear
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-03-2021 at 08:55 AM.