Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Leader: Synch- Calm, collected and centered. So much leadership potential along with an incredible power if used correctly.
    Oya- Elemental powerhouse with untapped potential
    Tag- Afro Latinx psionic with creative power applications
    Decay- Moisture manipulation-still very much a blank slate.
    Gentle-Mega powerful Brick with a connection to Wakanda and Russia.
    Pathway- High end Teleporter, tragic backstory that needs to be expanded

Support cast: Claudette and Nicole St. Croix(really want the twins developed and their individual powers fleshed out), Triage, and Maggot
    Can't forget Pathway's twin sister Goblyn. She would be the team's brutal fighter.

The Team:
    Storm
    M
    Tempo
    Frenzy
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Blink
    Cipher
    Murmur
    Neurotap

The Mission Statement:
    Black Lives Matter.jpg
    http://m4bl.org/policy-platforms/

Possible Writers: N.K. Jemisin, Eve L. Ewing, Vita Ayala, Nnedi Okorafor, Nalo Hopkinson, Danny Lore, Tee Franklin, Roxane Gay, Yona Harvey, Erika Alexander, Felicia Henderson, Angela Robinson, Amandla Stenberg, Taneka Stotts, Regine L. Sawyer, Mikki Kendall, Shequeta Smith, L.L. McKinney, Jazmin Truesdale, Shawnee Gibbs, Juliana “Jewels” Smith

Possible Artists (some of whom are also writers): Alitha E. Martinez, Afua Richardson, Ashley A. Woods, Nilah Magruder, Robyn Smith, Brittney L. Williams, C. Spike Trotman, Mildred Louis, Micheline Hess, Ngozi Ukazu, Beverly Toole, Julie Anderson, Myisha Haynes

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Can't forget Pathway's twin sister Goblyn. She would be the team's brutal fighter.
    She would be a plot point for a story down the road. She would be introduced form the jump. She part of pathways story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaris View Post
    The Team:
    Storm
    M
    Tempo
    Frenzy
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Blink
    Cipher
    Murmur
    Neurotap

The Mission Statement:
    Black Lives Matter.jpg
    http://m4bl.org/policy-platforms/

Possible Writers: N.K. Jemisin, Eve L. Ewing, Vita Ayala, Nnedi Okorafor, Nalo Hopkinson, Danny Lore, Tee Franklin, Roxane Gay, Yona Harvey, Erika Alexander, Felicia Henderson, Angela Robinson, Amandla Stenberg, Taneka Stotts, Regine L. Sawyer, Mikki Kendall, Shequeta Smith, L.L. McKinney, Jazmin Truesdale, Shawnee Gibbs, Juliana “Jewels” Smith

Possible Artists (some of whom are also writers): Alitha E. Martinez, Afua Richardson, Ashley A. Woods, Nilah Magruder, Robyn Smith, Brittney L. Williams, C. Spike Trotman, Mildred Louis, Micheline Hess, Ngozi Ukazu, Beverly Toole, Julie Anderson, Myisha Haynes
    AND you came up with multiple creative team options?!? Marvel needs to hire at least one person on this thread because the creativity is booming.

Ultimate Member

She [Pathway's twin sister Goblyn] would be a plot point for a story down the road. She would be introduced form the jump. She part of pathways story arc.
    My fanwank was that even in utero, Laura felt alone and scared, and *created* a twin, just as she created LiveWorld. After a decade living on LiveWorld, she's now a young adult, and can summon a veritable army of 'Goblyns' from a portal when she feels threatened. A teleporter with a built in army!

She would be a plot point for a story down the road. She would be introduced form the jump. She part of pathways story arc.
    Oh ok this sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I doubt Synch would be in a triangle with Sunspot and M,better a Bishop,Frenzy and Storm triangle
    I guess you missed Generation X where Synch and M were a couple, and his death had a huge impact on her. I would have liked to see them reunite before his Vault mission, even if to only highlight the gulf of experience between them. M-Spot is a pairing I've been thinking about for years now; they are both spoiled rich kids who think very highly of themselves). The fact that all three are alive at the same time just begs for exploration (even if Roberto is with Deathbird now, apparently, but whatever, this is all pretend after all).

Furthermore, if Storm wanted Bishop like that, she'd have been had him. I like their professional vibe as seen in X-Treme/XSE. BishopxFrenzy would be fine, though, now that I think of it, BishopxDeathbirdxSunspotxMxSynch could be even more interesting!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

THE THUNDERBOLTS

In an effort to discover more about herself and the universe that mutantkind now inhabits Quiet Council member STORM takes to the stars. Join Storm and her team - BISHOP, SUNSPOT, BLINK, PENANCE, CECELIA REYES, TEMPO, GENTLE, and SYNCH - as they traverse vast emptiness of space, traveling between the Shi'Ar Imperium, Empyre space, Brood territory, and more aboard their ship THE THUNDERBOLT. Together the team spreads the word of Krakoa and makes allegiances throughout space, though they aren't inherently without their enemies; the technarchy is breathing down their throats at every turn, not to mention the dangers that inhabit the stars themselves.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is Blink black? Or do you perhaps mean Bling!..?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Blink is black. Recent exiles series would be the most relevant thing

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Clarice Ferguson was born in Cartusia, Bahamas. Blink is black
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-04-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The problem is the artist. We have accepted the visuals that people don't need features, color will do all the work. Except if i'm a colorist i wouldn't know better without research because of the art. young guns my...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm so happy with how this thread turned out!

My pitch would consist of some of the younger black mutants (such as Prodigy) calling out Storm and the more recognized black mutants for not doing much to promote intersectional justice. I think comparing and contrasting their newfound Krakoan pride to their blackness would make for a really interesting and introspective book.
    Dude YEs!! This is what I've been screaming....its like its a huge boon and opportunity to take a corner of the X-mythos and really grow it into some interesting world building instead we get....Maverick....Arcade....etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Clarice Ferguson was born in Cartusia, Bahamas. Blink is black
    lol
    just adding this to really cement it into peoples canon....

Cuuute
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No thats not an argument Im trying to make. Cecilia is an Afro-latina, the term I used in the quote you responded to. There are not that many Latinx X-men and as the other posted listed, most tend to be Afro-latinx. The Feral sisters are not and I think its fine to leave them like that

I don think there's any room for interpretation. The two characters are not black. We've seen them without their mutations. Its clear
    Eh I reeeeally dig the the Feral girls but Id totally be down for the Feral sisters being AL. Seeing them depowered doesnt really mean much when it comes to X-Characters....
    Sunspot....
    GrindrStone(D)

In no particular order...

Storm, Bishop, Manifold, Synch, Gentle, Sunspot, Monet and Cecilia Reyes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    just adding this to really cement it into peoples canon....

Cuuute
    I am going to have to save this one for the future

Ultimate Member

Forgot I had this laying around...

https://www.deviantart.com/skyvolt20...-SMU-845480164

Inspired by an idea from Ray-Anthony Height
    rayanthonyheight.tumblr.com/

A pitch for an X-Men book starring Synch (back left) and Prodigy (back right).

Exploring mutant injustice in various cities.

This version includes Triage (from left) and Tag (front right)

X-Men Black Special Mutants Unit