Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It looks better than the last two Matrix movies, but that's a low bar.

I'm guessing Neil Patrick Harris's character is using his therapy and the blue pills to keep Neo from remembering his past somehow (Maybe he's a program himself). Also possibly Trinity-if that is her-is possibly keeping Neo trapped in the Matrix too as the pseudo-Morpheus seems to imply. He can't let her go or something like that. Which was kind of his problem in Reloaded as well; he kind of jeopardized Zion by choosing to save Trinity instead of doing whatever that mission was intended to do.

Or to put it another way, the problem is choice.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-09-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I know I am in the minority but I don't think the last two movies in the original trilogy are as bad as people made them out to be. I admit the first film is the strongest of the three and Reloaded and Revolutions did have FLAWS. However, the films definitely had cool moments and expanded the lore/ world of the Matrix.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It doesn't have the greenish filter the original movies.

This one seems a lot more colorful..a bit too coloful.

But it's always good to see Keanu Reeves and Carrie Ann-Moss back.

I'm curious as to why they didn't bring back Lawrence Fishburne. It seems Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing Morpheus but I don't know why they left out Fishburne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    eh...what is going on here.

This does not look like classic matrix, the movie looks very very colourful to the point where it feels generic and trying to fit in with this age of other generic blockbusters movies and the also generic music used on every trailer now.

It does not look like anything special, which is a shame because Matrix 1999 was a first of its kind.

I will still try and see the film hopefully because I like Keanu Reeves. Cannot believe Keanu is 57 right now. He looks amazing.
    Frankly, it probably should be more colorful. Following Revolutions and the truce, the Matrix is no longer a prison. It should reflect that visually.

As for Fishburne, the simple answer is simple: this isn't Morpheus. Evoking Morpheus, absolutely. Possibly even called Morpheus. But a different entity. My first thought is a program designed to re-awaken Neo as The One. It would make a lot of sense for such a program to mirror the man who actually did it the first time. And I think there would be a weirdly poetic symmetry in a machine seeking out Neo this time. We'll see.

The trailer did make this look like a more straightforward action film. Neo re-awakens to protect Trinity sort of thing. One presumes that there will be more to it than that.

I'm most curious how they will get us from Revolutions to this place. How did Neo survive? Why is he bluepilled? Trinity is easier to explain, as I suspect she has been recreated within the Matrix by Neo, using his powers to rewrite the system. I think she is bluepilled because she CAN'T exist in the real world. Maybe that's even why Neo is bluepilled. With Trinity inside the Matrix, and humanity freed from bondage, maybe he no longer has any interest in the real world and has effectively exiled himself here to be with her. Or perhaps even a simulation within the simulation, and none of this is actually in the Matrix at all but some kind of external construct. What if this is Neo's personal version of the Matrix that he created, WandaVision style? (And what if "Morpheus" is just a piece of Neo himself, trying to put himself back together!) I could see some interesting ideas in play here, it could go a lot of different ways.

We'll have to wait and see. Cautiously optimistic at this point.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I felt Fishburne's absence big time. What little I am seeing of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is not appealing to me enough so far, it's disappointing me. Fishburne is just darn hard to replace (or pseudo-replace).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-09-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Honestly the biggest thing I noticed was the color. Very vibrant saturation both in the Matrix and in the the machines' world, and no green hue whatsoever.

Oh, if I would've read back I would have seen this was already noticed. Interesting though.

The younger Morpheus is an interesting development though I do miss Fishburne. Though I am hopeful he wasn't snubbed and he does actually know the reason he's not in this and why they went this direction, and is just keeping it quiet.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    So judging from the trailer and some of the returning characters and small bits of plot I heard, it seems that the Matrix Online game is still canon. If it is, round of applause for rewarding Matrix fans like me who followed any and all content related to the movies. I like what I see in this trailer and I am definitely looking forward to seeing this.

Though I think it still sucks Lawrence Fishbourne wasn't invited back. But I get why if they are following what happened in the Matrix Online game.

If anyone wants a summary of the story arch in Martix Online here is a link

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...eady-happened/
    In the game didn't Neo get resurrected into the body of a comatose woman named Sarah Edmonston (an anagram of Thomas Anderson)? And I guess the guy at the end could be an Oligarch.

I initially thought that this is essentially Matrix Online 2: The Theatrical Version lol which would explain what happened to Morpheus, but its kinda obscure. Obscure could equal new, though so...hard to say. I'm here either way, very excited.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I very much disagree with everything u has said.

If u hate the sequels then please respectfully stay the eff AWAY from Matrix 4 and let us who liked the sequels enjoy things.

Matrix sequels really expanded the Matrix lore brilliantly as well as the progression of Agent Smith beyond being the talking head of a trio of agents ......all this in addition to SUPERB action sequences esp in Reloaded.
    LOL. I already said I wasn't going to watch it. is this thread reserved only for those people who love everything about the franchise?

you wrote to Common Writer (the person who stated this thread) in post 24 on page 2.
    "Then just stay away from the movie."

there's no reason to try and be gatekeeper on a thread like this. people are allowed to have different opinions, hopes, and expectations about a movie... and it's absolutely okay.

that said, I do hope you enjoy the film when you finally watch it.

I hope WB greenlights the Animatrix 2 and a live-action HBO Max Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I totally forgot about the Animatrix!

And they might want to wait to see how well the new movie does before greenlighting anything. Also, unless they get Keanu in it is there even a point in a Matrix streaming series?

Mighty Member

I don’t want this to turn back into more spin offs and what not. I’m okay with a 4th movie however, I know there’s been talk of it, well since the 3rd movie came out. I don’t know if it will be good, I wouldn’t say the first one is particularly good, it’s entertaining however.

They couldn't even bother to change Keanu's look?

He looks exactly like John Wick here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Matrix reloaded was BRILLIANCE.

Haters goner hate!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Exactuamundo dude!!

Add a new in-continuity Matrix videogame to the list.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    LOL. I already said I wasn't going to watch it. is this thread reserved only for those people who love everything about the franchise?

you wrote to Common Writer (the person who stated this thread) in post 24 on page 2.
    "Then just stay away from the movie."

there's no reason to try and be gatekeeper on a thread like this. people are allowed to have different opinions, hopes, and expectations about a movie... and it's absolutely okay.

that said, I do hope you enjoy the film when you finally watch it.
    As long as Matrix-lore gets more expansion and support characters actually get to be contributive and kick-ass like in Reloaded then I am good. I just don't want Matrix turning into a Superman- Jesus style story at the expens of Matrix lore expansion and development of support characters.

Most smmatrix sequels folks just want Neo to hog 90% of screentime, start to finish.

I saw a group complaining that Matrix sequels had too many non-white characters/ too much diversity as their reason for hating the matrix sequels. I can only hope other sequel haters have different reasons.