Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I was thinking about the release date an idea popped into my mind:

Do you think that Santa Clause exists in the Matrix? And if yes, do you think that he is a program, an agent or just some bluepill?
    Oh, he exists. He's a program from the very first iteration of the Matrix (the utopian paradise that didn't work because nobody bought in). He appears and spontaneously gives people stuff? For free? Yeah, sounds like something utopian to me.

Realizing just how ludicrous the concept is and how adults quickly see through the idea of Santa, I like to think that the Architect repurposed him as means to assert control over young minds in later iterations of the Matrix. The Naughty List is basically made up kids who question their reality, and belief in Santa enforces conformity while simultaneously rewarding compliance with the system. He's the carrot, the Agents are the stick.

Frankly, everything about Santa fits the Matrix.

Another Matrix Trailer dropped. Let's Discuss.

Apparently, Neo becomes the Last Airbender of the Matrix. Or the Last Code-bender, I dunno.

Nice to see Agent Smith make a showing. It almost looks like this movie is going to go all meta and draw back some more curtains on the whole thing. Perhaps we have recursive simulations going on?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience. It looks cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Another Matrix Trailer dropped. Let's Discuss.

Apparently, Neo becomes the Last Airbender of the Matrix. Or the Last Code-bender, I dunno.
    The Technomancer has a nice ring to it.

Ultimate Member

Wasn't he already the One?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Nice trailer. Too bad no Hugo Weaving, I'd love to see him back in some capacity.

So far I've liked all three Matrix movies, they pretty much sit at around the same level of quality for me.
    I remember being disappointed by the sequels when they first came out, but I rewatched the entire trilogy last week and enjoyed them all (though the first is still the best).

Maybe my biggest problem the first time around was the big reveal in RELOADED and where that took things in REVOLUTIONS. Didn't mind it this time around. Thought it was a nice twist. The ending isn't as clean maybe as people wanted. It starts off being a Harry Potter chosen one narrative and becomes more about believing in your own choices.

Will be really interested to see how RESURRECTIONS explores nostalgia and recycled stories, and if they have any twists as big as the second film...

There seems to be a lot of comparisons in reviews to NEW NIGHTMARE.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Huh. I like the idea of New Nightmare but it was soooo boring.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I remember being disappointed by the sequels when they first came out, but I rewatched the entire trilogy last week and enjoyed them all (though the first is still the best).

Maybe my biggest problem the first time around was the big reveal in RELOADED and where that took things in REVOLUTIONS. Didn't mind it this time around. Thought it was a nice twist. The ending isn't as clean maybe as people wanted. It starts off being a Harry Potter chosen one narrative and becomes more about believing in your own choices.

Will be really interested to see how RESURRECTIONS explores nostalgia and recycled stories, and if they have any twists as big as the second film...
    The problem for me was the sequels kept too much of the pretentious yet simplistic philosophical nonsense and not enough of the action we liked to see.

Honestly, I thought the sequels were fine. I didn't mind the philosophy lesson and the action was cool.

I might've preffered there being a successor narrative but Neo coming back is also valid.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly, I thought the sequels were fine. I didn't mind the philosophy lesson and the action was cool.

I might've preffered there being a successor narrative but Neo coming back is also valid.
    The problem was the philosophy didn't mean anything besides obvious platitudes. Why drag the dialogue put so long?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    The problem was the
    philosophy didn't mean anything besides obvious platitudes. Why drag the dialogue put so long?
    The real “One” was the friends we made along the way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That movie was dope!

Movie drops tonight right?