Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    If that fails, they could at least wrest back the "longest scene that's just a man at a desk rattling off boring exposition" crown from the MCU.
    Where's that from? One of the new shows or movies this year? Haven't seen them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Where's that from? One of the new shows or movies this year? Haven't seen them yet.
    Loki episode 6 I believe.

Does Trinity look pregnant to anyone else?

Weird thing is they never did explain that since plugged-in humans are 'grown' in the "real world" how does the Matrix simulation account for something like that?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'd say there's absolutely no chance of a The Matrix film not stopping to drink its own piss, but - as skeptical as I am about any "let's see what we can find in the shoebox marked 'lucrative old IP'" type sales exercises - if they can manage to put in some decent fight scenes in too it might be worth at least a watch. If that fails, they could at least wrest back the "longest scene that's just a man at a desk rattling off boring exposition" crown from the MCU.
    Matrix would be good if it wasn't pretended everyday catchphrases were deep philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Loki episode 6 I believe.
    It wasn't near that bad. He Who Remains was much more entertaining than the Architect

I guess the site as-is will stay that way till about noon EST?

I've watched it a few times, and yes it does change each time. But I was able to catch this during the blue pill segments.

So from watching the trailer over a hundred times some things jumped out to me:

Neo basically has Magneto Powers in the Matrix now.

Phones are no longer used as points of entry and exit to the Matrix, mirrors serve that purpose now.

So judging from the trailer and some of the returning characters and small bits of plot I heard, it seems that the Matrix Online game is still canon. If it is, round of applause for rewarding Matrix fans like me who followed any and all content related to the movies. I like what I see in this trailer and I am definitely looking forward to seeing this.

Though I think it still sucks Lawrence Fishbourne wasn't invited back. But I get why if they are following what happened in the Matrix Online game.

If anyone wants a summary of the story arch in Martix Online here is a link

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...eady-happened/
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 09-09-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Mighty Member

I'm disappointed that it's not called Matrix Rebooted

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, good or average i hope it's going to be enough of a succes for some new video games to be made.

Enter the Matrix was fun.

Me wants more. (me also wants better lol cause it was fun yeah but it sure could have been better)
    I also enjoyed the hell out of Enter the Matrix and bought it the same day I sent to see Matrix Reloaded. However, I must admit it's not a good game at all. I replayed it last year due to boredom and hype for Matrix 4. The best part about it is that they filmed footage that fills in some holes for Matrix Reloaded.

Now The Path of Neo game is AMAZING and would love a remake or sequel on the new consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X) as well as PC. Also would love to see a reboot of Matrix Online as well. That game had it's issues (there were many) but some of the things it did were way ahead of it's time.

Ultimate Member

It doesn't have the greenish filter the original movies.

This one seems a lot more colorful..a bit too coloful.

But it's always good to see Keanu Reeves and Carrie Ann-Moss back.

I'm curious as to why they didn't bring back Lawrence Fishburne. It seems Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing Morpheus but I don't know why they left out Fishburne.

BANNED

eh...what is going on here.

This does not look like classic matrix, the movie looks very very colourful to the point where it feels generic and trying to fit in with this age of other generic blockbusters movies and the also generic music used on every trailer now.

It does not look like anything special, which is a shame because Matrix 1999 was a first of its kind.

I will still try and see the film hopefully because I like Keanu Reeves. Cannot believe Keanu is 57 right now. He looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I'm curious as to why they didn't bring back Lawrence Fishburne. It seems Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing Morpheus but I don't know why they left out Fishburne.
    I am curious as well and I am sure it will be a big plot point. A lot of fans are wondering if they are keeping the events of the Matrix online game canon. Because during that games run Morpheus actually died. This could be a new version of him or a younger version.

Wow, they actually went with "White Rabbit" for the trailer this time. Neo looks like John Wick now, and he and Carrie Ann-Moss seem to be re-enacting most of the first film with Larry Fishburne's stunt double, but with modern special effects. I hope there's more too it than just a retread, but with one of the Wachowskis aboard as director I suspect there will be. Even when they're awful, the Wachowskis are at least reaching for something a bit beyond their grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    eh...what is going on here.

This does not look like classic matrix, the movie looks very very colourful to the point where it feels generic and trying to fit in with this age of other generic blockbusters movies and the also generic music used on every trailer now.

It does not look like anything special, which is a shame because Matrix 1999 was a first of its kind.

I will still try and see the film hopefully because I like Keanu Reeves. Cannot believe Keanu is 57 right now. He looks amazing.
    I kind of like the color grading on the film. It reminds of me all of those Pharmaceutical Drug Ads.

That's how I would imagine the Matrix 4.0 would play out like a Blue Pill antidepressant commercial.