Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Population of Krakoa?

Have there been any references to the current population of Krakoa (not including the new Arako mutants)?

I swear it was in one of the data pages during Dawn of X. Can't remember what comic it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    I swear it was in one of the data pages during Dawn of X. Can't remember what comic it was though.
    HoX #5 wrote this

Its been months since then in universe. Assuming most mutants were on Krakoa and taking in the resurrections since then, I think under 100K is a good estimate

Wow! A lot of mutants there, but so many more to go! I hope there are some additional plots and mention around this idea.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

God forbid anyone on Krakoa/Arakko (Okkara) getting married and having children the old fashion way.

Twilight Sword (Surtur)
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-01-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Amazing Member

From X-men/Fantastic Four #2. There are aproximately 200 thousand mutants on Krakoa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SamuraiK; 02-01-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: wrong image

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    From X-men/Fantastic Four #2. There are aproximately 200 thousand mutants on Krakoa.
    ETA: I misread that wrong. So the numbers have almost doubled
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-02-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Recently Cypher told the QC that Arakko has 'twenty times' as many mutants as Krakoa, and different sources have given the number of Arakkoan mutants as 16,000 or 16 *million.* (The latter being the same number that died on Genosha seems like a conflation to me.)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    The real question is what exactly are all of those mutants doing all day? I would say we've seen probably less than 100 mutants in total between all of the X-titles.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Recently Cypher told the QC that Arakko has 'twenty times' as many mutants as Krakoa, and different sources have given the number of Arakkoan mutants as 16,000 or 16 *million.* (The latter being the same number that died on Genosha seems like a conflation to me.)
    I thought that the Arraki population was estimated at 4 Million.
    My flag is bacon.

I go with 200k Krakoa, 4million Arraki. It's a lot. As much as the concept of islands full of mutants operating as nations is intriguing, it's unwieldy in a comic format that struggles with just handling the 'core cast' of several dozen. I mean, the whole rest of the Marvel line is just a few dozen core characters. It's stretching the boundaries of suspension of disbelief that mutants wouldn't just steamroll the humans at this point, particularly the warlike Arraki. How are 4 million supercharged mutants content to stay on the little island they have been stuck on for thousands of years when there is a whole world to explore/conquer? Just one high-end mutant can be dangerous. Hickman's reach has overtaken his grasp, especially with his pacing. Even a 17 year run would be hard-pressed to explore what he's set up. Sometimes less is more.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I go with 200k Krakoa, 4million Arraki. It's a lot. As much as the concept of islands full of mutants operating as nations is intriguing, it's unwieldy in a comic format that struggles with just handling the 'core cast' of several dozen. I mean, the whole rest of the Marvel line is just a few dozen core characters. It's stretching the boundaries of suspension of disbelief that mutants wouldn't just steamroll the humans at this point, particularly the warlike Arraki. How are 4 million supercharged mutants content to stay on the little island they have been stuck on for thousands of years when there is a whole world to explore/conquer? Just one high-end mutant can be dangerous. Hickman's reach has overtaken his grasp, especially with his pacing. Even a 17 year run would be hard-pressed to explore what he's set up. Sometimes less is more.
    The X-Men will need to ally with Nimrod to eliminate these mad Arakki.

Although the Arakkii are a fearsome force, it is not certain that they could defeat all the nations of Earth at once.

Not all of those 4 million will have useful mutations and they are not very knowledgeable about technology.

If they've survived demon raids for a few thousand years, they're not a bunch of pushovers. With just a few Omegas in their number, with Isca leading them, their odds are looking pretty good.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    HoX #5 wrote this

Its been months since then in universe. Assuming most mutants were on Krakoa and taking in the resurrections since then, I think under 100K is a good estimate
    Wasn't it stated after the destruction of Genosha that the 16 million mutants who died on it were half of the mutant population at the time, with roughly another 16 million being therefor the number of mutants who got depowered?

So did they just retcon the number of total mutants left after Genosha down (and later depowered) in order to easier fit them all on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by LogosPundit View Post
    The real question is what exactly are all of those mutants doing all day? I would say we've seen probably less than 100 mutants in total between all of the X-titles.
    They exist to appear in large crowd scenes as nameless random mass with no deeper identity, culture or society in order to pretend there is a complex nation which serves as current basis for the adventures of the named characters.

However they are all happy and better than normal humans as society, which the reader is constantly reminded to by dialoge, so just imagine they have something to do each day, that makes them feel happy and productive.

If they've survived demon raids for a few thousand years, they're not a bunch of pushovers. With just a few Omegas in their number, with Isca leading them, their odds are looking pretty good.
    And then they are all getting wiped out by some new big villain in order to demonstrate just how powerfull he/she/they are.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-02-2021 at 03:10 PM.