Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

While I loved Punisher Max from Ennis I didn't like his Marvel Knights issues or JAarons Punisher Max.

Mighty Member

While I don't dislike it, I find Claremont's X-Men to be highly overrated. His ideas are great and I love the way he builds arcs slowly. I'll also say that I think God Loves Man Kills to be in my top 3 X-men books.
    But boy are his comics underwhelming. After all the hype, Days of Future Past felt like too much in too short of a time.
    While writers have been accused of decompressing stories to the point a small arc can take up to half a year finish, Claremont's stories are too compressed that they aren't given time to breath.
    Also, his comics are way too wordy. While this can be a good thing, his comics are just drenched in narration and words, to the point where I wish he would let the art speak for itself more. I get the feeling Chris would have made a better prose writer.

I want to say, I do enjoy what I've read of the run, but I don't think it's anywhere close to being the greatest run ever.
    Personally, Morrison and Hickman beats it anyday for me.

House Of M