Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Maybe, but possibly one of the Trinity would be instead, so an African-American GL wouldn't have to be in the cards.
    I feel like the whole "chosen to represent earth for his uncommon willpower" leads to Green Lantern being most easily promoted as a POC

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What I keep hearing here is "Please stop reading Batman and buy my favorite character's book instead!"

Okay. Dude is still making a mockery of the IRS, which is a very unique form of privilege. I love Batman, but gotta recognize the implications. Child Services would also want a word with him. I don't think most people are okay with you training a minor to go off fighting multiple armed thugs. Heck, even if you don't train him, why the hell do you let him get in those situations. You are a billionaire, you have tons of ways of making sure he stays in a safe enviroment. Why did we allow you to adopt him?
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-02-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Okay. Dude is still making a mockery of the IRS, which is a very unique form of privilege. I love Batman, but gotta recognize the implications. Child Services would also want a word with him. I don't think most people are okay with you training a minor to go off fighting multiple armed thugs. Heck, even if you don't train him, why the hell do you let him get in those situations. You are a billionaire, you have tons of ways of making sure he stays in a safe enviroment. Why did we allow you to adopt him?
    Clearly if batman was created today he wouldn't have Robin or Robin would be more like the Nolan movies.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Beast Boy would be some youtube influencer or celebrity.

Terra would have gotten a redemption arc.

Deathstroke would not be excused or justified for all the stunts he pulled.
    Slade is a caucasian so yeah sure Jan! Remind me again how the white guys who stormed the American capital were handled compared to the BLM protesters.

Or imagine if Obama did 1/10000 of the stuff Trump did/said. He'd never have been allowed to even run for president.

White folks will still get away with stuff. More likely Slade won't be written as having done the heinous things if he's marketed as an anti-hero

Well let them do that thing with Slade and Terra in 2021 and see how it goes. Let's see if the color of his skin would somehow protect him.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-02-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Slade is a caucasian so yeah sure Jan! Remind me again how the white guys who stormed the American capital were handled compared to the BLM protesters.

Or imagine if Obama did 1/10000 of the stuff Trump did/said. He'd never have been allowed to even run for president.

White folks will still get away with stuff. More likely Slade won't be written as having done the heinous things if he's marketed as an anti-hero
    You don't have to remind me of double standards, I'm from Brooklyn and I've seen that nonsense first hand. Anyone with a brain knows what would have happened if Obama pulled a Trump and that the capital protesters are being treated with kid gloves.

Back on subject, either Slade would be an an anti hero from the start or remain a villain.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Clearly if batman was created today he wouldn't have Robin or Robin would be more like the Nolan movies.
    Yep. It was fine for the youngsters reading comics when my parents were children, but it doesn't hold up today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I feel like the whole "chosen to represent earth for his uncommon willpower" leads to Green Lantern being most easily promoted as a POC
    He/she could definitely be POC, but if DC were starting from scratch, anything would be possible.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wondy would be waaaaay more gay (there's probably a better way to say this) I don't think they'd be able to avoid it. I think Steve Trevor would still be apart of mythos but she'd have more girlfriends.

I feel like Supes would be hispanic and Bats would be white still or possibly Asian. I can see Dick being asian as well.

Aquaman would look like Maoma

GA and BC would still be the same.

GL is where it gets difficult because I'm not sure if Hal would exist or not.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

All I have to say is thank God they were not created now, jeezuz what a relief.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Honestly, the ideas being thrown out sound better than the original concepts!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    All I have to say is thank God they were not created now, jeezuz what a relief.
    I don't think it'd be too bad but they would essentially be different characters. 1 because it's not the 30s anymore and 2 their new identities would give them different experiences.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

SUPERMAN: A history similar to Gods and Monsters without the "kill first, ask questions later" mindset.

BATMAN: Something similar to Earth One or the Nolan movies.

WONDER WOMAN: Since Diana is a Roman name, it would be something else. Probably something more historically accurate to the myth of the Amazons.

GREEN ARROW. This one might actually be the same.

FLASH: In terms of his origin, probably the same. But maybe he'd be black. Or even a woman.

GREEN LANTERN: Same as the Flash. Same origin. Different person.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yo Robanker, do you know anything about Minoan culture and architecture? I really wanna learn more but in a soft environment.
    I do not, though half my family does hail from Crete. One of the many things I need to brush up on without the time to do so. Sorry I can't be of better help.

You know I think Flash would be the same as well except his supporting cast would look like the CW show (minus the extra team members.)