Maxwell Lord w/ blood transfusions vs Xavier
    Dr. Polaris vs Magneto
    Milton Fine Brainiac vs Jean Grey
    Deathstroke vs Nightcrawler
    Killer Frost vs Storm
    Ultra-Humanite vs Emma Frost
    Kalibak vs Sebastian Shaw
    Cheshire vs Mystique
    Last edited by Sophicles; 02-02-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

What power level is Jean running around with these days? Because there are versions of her that trivially solo, and then... other versions.

Outside of that... I'd give a slight edge to team X: Magneto is stupidly good at multitasking, so is Storm, and the telepaths are pretty close to a wash. Nightcrawler is going to be invaluable at killing human durability targets who are locked in TP combat.

For the individual fights:

Despero over Poccy. It might take a while, because Poccy is really hard to beat down physically, but Despero should be able to handle that, or, he'll eventually get past Poccy's psi defenses. Either way, he wins.

Grodd eventually loses to Sinister, who's just better in every way.

Exodus crushes Hammond.

Fully juiced Lord over Chaz - Lord can, you know, walk, can't he?

Mags over Polaris - he's just more creative and better at multi-tasking. He's also got slightly better reaction time with his powers IMO.

Jean and Brainiac - see line one. If this is a high-end Jean, Brainiac is way out of his element. If not, the tables turn.

Deathstroke versus Nightcrawler: Kurt should be able to win regardless if he has any equipment at all - teleport behind with a stick through the dude's head would do it. But, Deathstroke has had a lot of impressive equipment over time, and some of that might mitigate. I don't know.

Frost versus Storm is a quickdraw.

I'm not versed enough on Ultra-Humanite - as I recall, he's a scientist who uses a monkey body and can transfer his brain around? That's useful with prep, but not so awesome here, and I think Frost should just be able to mind-whammy him, right?

Kalibak should be able to overload Shaw, I'm thinking.

Cheshire v. Mystique: Mystique carries guns, usually, which should let her kill Cheshire, who wonders why the hell she doesn't carry ranged weapons as standard equipment.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    What power level is Jean running around with these days? Because there are versions of her that trivially solo, and then... other versions.
    She doesn’t have a Phoenix, I believe, if that clarifies things.

Outside of that... I'd give a slight edge to team X: Magneto is stupidly good at multitasking, so is Storm, and the telepaths are pretty close to a wash. Nightcrawler is going to be invaluable at killing human durability targets who are locked in TP combat.
    Too many unknowns for me, but a casual side-swipe of Kurt’s brain probably isn’t going to significantly adversely affect the DC psychics. It’s like swatting a fly while driving.

Despero over Poccy. It might take a while, because Poccy is really hard to beat down physically, but Despero should be able to handle that, or, he'll eventually get past Poccy's psi defenses. Either way, he wins.
    Agreed.

Grodd eventually loses to Sinister, who's just better in every way.
    Does Grodd still have any speed-force? If not, I tend to agree.

Exodus crushes Hammond.
    Don’t know enough about Hammond, but Exodus is pretty up there.

Fully juiced Lord over Chaz - Lord can, you know, walk, can't he?
    I still get the feeling Max will eventually die of nasal blood loss.

Mags over Polaris - he's just more creative and better at multi-tasking. He's also got slightly better reaction time with his powers IMO.
    Definitely Mags. No question for me.

Jean and Brainiac - see line one. If this is a high-end Jean, Brainiac is way out of his element. If not, the tables turn.
    I think this is regular flavoured Jean (none of that Galactus-smacking nonsense). So I think Brainy takes it.

Deathstroke versus Nightcrawler: Kurt should be able to win regardless if he has any equipment at all - teleport behind with a stick through the dude's head would do it. But, Deathstroke has had a lot of impressive equipment over time, and some of that might mitigate. I don't know.
    If he could react quick enough, Kurt could bamf his head off. But Slade’s reactions are such that Kurt would probably get shot in the head first.

Frost versus Storm is a quickdraw.
    Yeah, flip a coin.

I'm not versed enough on Ultra-Humanite - as I recall, he's a scientist who uses a monkey body and can transfer his brain around? That's useful with prep, but not so awesome here, and I think Frost should just be able to mind-whammy him, right?
    Agreed.

Kalibak should be able to overload Shaw, I'm thinking.
    Agreed.

Cheshire v. Mystique: Mystique carries guns, usually, which should let her kill Cheshire, who wonders why the hell she doesn't carry ranged weapons as standard equipment.
    Plus Mystique can grow wings and fly out of scratchy-stabby range. That helps.

Had to fix the autocorrect.

Geoff the Gorilla is not a character I’m familiar with.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Had to fix the autocorrect.

Geoff the Gorilla is not a character I’m familiar with.
    Didn't he write for Green Langur Howler Jordan?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just for clarification, charles can walk. and his feat of fucking up reed's mind during xmen vs. FF was pretty impressive.

When I mentioned Nightcrawler in the team matchup, that's assuming that the psis basically stalemate themselves on telepathy, leaving the match down to other abilities. I'm not SURE of it, but, you know...

For Slade v. Kurt, you may be right. I don't lean too hard in either direction, really. In the group fight it just doesn't matter - only Cheshire and Mystique are arguably less useful here. If Despero and Sinister and Exodus can't solve for X, call Matt Damon, because X just isn't getting solved.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just for clarification, charles can walk. and his feat of fucking up reed's mind during xmen vs. FF was pretty impressive.
    Ah, well, I'd lean Chaz then. I was kind of operating on the idea that they were close, but that Chaz was relatively immobile. He's even a decent fighter when he has legs, if he can stalemate his foe mentally, he'll kick his ass physically.

Ah, well, I'd lean Chaz then. I was kind of operating on the idea that they were close, but that Chaz was relatively immobile. He's even a decent fighter when he has legs, if he can stalemate his foe mentally, he'll kick his ass physically.
    yeah, chuck's been moblie for years. i wanna say since before AVX. plus, he's got a portable cerebro on his head as standard gear now. and given how he was able to just casually mindfuck reed without any kind of hinting that he did anything before he said so, i'd say chuck can do some damage to maxy boy.

what's his feats like, these days?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah, chuck's been moblie for years. i wanna say since before AVX. plus, he's got a portable cerebro on his head as standard gear now. and given how he was able to just casually mindfuck reed without any kind of hinting that he did anything before he said so, i'd say chuck can do some damage to maxy boy.

what's his feats like, these days?
    All I could think reading that was "huh, and mutants wonder why normies don't necessarily trust them?"

I kid, of course.

All I could think reading that was "huh, and mutants wonder why normies don't necessarily trust them?"

I kid, of course.
    well reed fucked up and chuck and mags put him in his place for it.

So they actually let Charles keep his working legs post house of M? Or did he inevitably lose it and inevitably gain it back yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So they actually let Charles keep his working legs post house of M? Or did he inevitably lose it and inevitably gain it back yet again?
    Huh, I didn't think to, um, think that far back, but yeah, I don't think he's been confined to a wheelchair for around the past 15 years. That's a big chunk of his history.

This current Charles is in a freshly-made body thanks to the Five. Prior to his current body, Fantomex donated his body to Charles, who in turn used Fantomex's body to help build a younger Charles to inhabit (I admit, I stopped reading around this time because of how that sounds, and came back for HoX).

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    he was still walking when cyke killed him in AVX.

Yeah, that all tracks. I think I somehow always place Chuck in a chair - it was so central to his character for so long.