View Poll Results: Should the Phoenix retire?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save the Phoenix

25 40.32%
  • Retire the Phoenix

37 59.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should the Phoenix be used Post Avengers?

So I just kind of caught up with the whole Phoenix avengers arc. I ain't been hearing **** about it so I was just curious checked it out. Gotta say the damage to it as a mythos has already been cheapened over the years I really think this takes the cake. The Phoenix seems so cheap in Avengers now and that **** with Thor that happened today (no spoilers) seals the deal. IDK for me the mythos is ruined I was already over the cosmic chicken before this event even more so after the fact. Can you see it being brought back to X mythos? Or is it better to just leave it in the past as a relic after Aaron is done with it?

I am laughing so hard, it is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Astonishing Member

I feel like it sufferer to a point where we're need to save it.

The Phoenix is very much an X-men thing. It shouldnt be completely diregarded bc of Aaron. The X-line needs to retcon his mess away by saying that what he has used isnt the same PF but some corrupted entity that was created when the Scarlet Witch vanished the PF in AvX

What would you do with roasted chicken leftovers? a salad maybe?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Phoenix is very much an X-men thing. It shouldnt be completely diregarded bc of Aaron. The X-line needs to retcon his mess away by saying that what he has used isnt the same PF but some corrupted entity that was created when the Scarlet Witch vanished the PF in AvX
    Been a minute since I read AVX thought that was Hope who swerved the Cosmic Chicken? And does that even work pretty sure the chicken came back in the Jean Grey Solo?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It can be used but some common sense needs to be applied. The Lemire's Thane-Phoenix story wasn't as bad as what Aaron's doing now.
    "Cable was right!"

No, I think the bird should somehow wiped out. I honestly don't understand the whole thing of it coming back after AvX and again after Phoenix Resurrection. Both times..that should have been it. It's overplayed at this point and lost it's value of as an interesting story.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

no more Phoenix.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Been a minute since I read AVX thought that was Hope who swerved the Cosmic Chicken? And does that even work pretty sure the chicken came back in the Jean Grey Solo?
    Hope and Scarlet Witch did it together. It would be funny and ironic if Scarlet Witch's intervention is what led to the current mess

Not after that trash. The phoenix just comes off as a pathetic parasite now. And that Super Saiyan thing it does now. Wow!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Very much agree.

Someone, save the Phoenix!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jason Aaron should never be let anywhere near the Phoenix again. She deserved much better than this. (and AvX for that matter)

Maybe in the final act, the Phoenix will say "Screw all this. Where's Rachel? She's the only one who truly got me. The rest of you are garbage."

Extraordinary Member

Remember when Rachel flattened Thor in Avengers vs X-Men?

Remember when Thor didn’t train Hope in Avengers vs X-Men?

I ‘member.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The X-Men/Mutants and especially Jean and Rachel don't need it, anymore. (We need to do like Jean and learn to let things go.)
    I say let the Avengers have it. Or...
    Drown it in liquid nitrogen and snuff its flames forever (or at least another million years)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-03-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!