Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Everyone in this thread avoiding the elephant in the room that this is probably the most OOC Storm dialogue ever committed to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bro you talking like someone who actually knows about the character they are being paid to craft a good narrative for Bishop and a few other characters on a team book. For good measure I hope that you don't have any issues with writing strong, assertive black men as heroes instead of falling back on historical dicpictations of black men as witless, indecisive, and lacking in power and agency, especially in leadership positions!
    It's easy. Don't treat male poc like they've been treated in the X-Men. Don't put them at the back of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not sure how the hierarchy of the CC works if Scott is off the table, but Gorgon seemed to be fine or as fine as a gestalt of all his counterparts throughout the multi-verse could be. At the very least it seems they didn't take his rank away or it hasn't been mentioned.
    He can't be fine, what happened to Rock slide also happened to him. So both are like babies now.

If a Captain is out, the responsability passes to another. If Gorgon and Magik aren't availiable, Bishop is the one at the command

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Everyone in this thread avoiding the elephant in the room that this is probably the most OOC Storm dialogue ever committed to paper.
    I mean, I would have loved to see her do a global lightning storm, backed by a solar wind storm, to counter Knull's symbiote dome, but then the event would be over before it began.

3447105-sensing+position+of+sentinels+in+space-++lightning+reaching+from+surface+level+into+spac.jpg

3941768-planetary+feat+&+manipulating+gamma+radiation+-+creating+global+elemental+cosmic+turbula.jpg

Venom and his boy are the stars of this event. Within the context of the issue she was presented as the most effective of the first responders. Taking her off the board was almost a plot necessity.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I mean, I would have loved to see her do a global lightning storm, backed by a solar wind storm, to counter Knull's symbiote dome, but then the event would be over before it began.

3447105-sensing+position+of+sentinels+in+space-++lightning+reaching+from+surface+level+into+spac.jpg

3941768-planetary+feat+&+manipulating+gamma+radiation+-+creating+global+elemental+cosmic+turbula.jpg

Venom and his boy are the stars of this event. Within the context of the issue she was presented as the most effective of the first responders. Taking her off the board was almost a plot necessity.
    They really dulled down a lot of heroes. I mean where was Wanda is she in space how about an omega reality warper or even why didn't storm just do what you said make a global lightning storm. I believe storm and sentry and the celestial were to show how powerful he really is.

Wow, apparently my memory wiped all the times she basically killed all life on Earth by mistake.

Don't think too much about how Magneto can be in so many places at once in this event. It just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if she had opened the ozone around herself like when she evaporated all that water if it would have been hot enough to destory the knulls surrounding her. Or even the big emp Claremont had her to in the danger room.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wonder if she had opened the ozone around herself like when she evaporated all that water if it would have been hot enough to destory the knulls surrounding her. Or even the big emp Claremont had her to in the danger room.
    Emotions are kind of like weather, so she should stir them up in rebellion against their Xtreme 90s master.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    even more impressing is the ability to open a hole into the planet magnetosphere, that will let the majority of the solar wind "punch" to really pour in.

storm feat1.jpg
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-05-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He can't be fine, what happened to Rock slide also happened to him. So both are like babies now.

If a Captain is out, the responsability passes to another. If Gorgon and Magik aren't availiable, Bishop is the one at the command
    The first part has been confirmed, what I was saying was the second part hasn't been. The only thing we know IIRC, is that Gorgon is irrevocably changed, and that he's been resurrected. As of right now we don't know his current state.

I think it's just the mistake (again) with the editorial staff not speaking to each other during these company line crossovers. When Ewing and Duggan's wrote their entries, I don't think they knew Stegman drew fighting in New York. Maybe the script stated a team of X-Men were there but only Storm, Cable and Cyclops were infected. It is weird that no one mentioned Jean or Logan needing rescuing, but I just since Jean is no longer on the Council, she's not as important as Storm and the Captain Commander.

It would have been funny seeing, Magneto high-tailing it though a gate when he saw a Celestial landing. That would be the only time he could have escaped before Knull infected the heroes.

As for the Marauders, finally Pyro and Bobby had something to do, but it shows why every team should have a telepath onsite with them. Then it could have been confirmed if the captain of slavers was telling the truth or not. Emma could have did it, but she wouldn't have cared either way. Thankfully Bobby saved Kitty from making a mistake by leaving them to die. And no, I don't believe she meant for them to leave through the gate. I started to believe Kate is barely sober most of the time. Kidding. She wasn't seen drinking this issue, so there's hope she was sober.
    Glad to see Magneto playing the long game here. Doing the right thing is the right thing to do, but it also helps with ones image. I just wished he would have told another mutant that instead of Nyoka. His lording over her came off as condescending and pompous and just confirmed her skepticism. Better to let the nation's actions speak for you, Erik. Save the pontificating when you're with your boy, Xavier or to another world leader. But not to the regular folk you want to pass on your good graces by.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt know Magneto usually doesnīt bother to play the reputation card and X-men #4 let us know this was also the case with Krakoa, I think he just really agreed with Kitty they needed a place stay. That said yes, his way of talking can be pompous but this doesnīt mean itīs not honest.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Magneto was shown to be in Krakoa (?) in KiB #2 and then Wolverine was helping Spider-man in KiB #3 so it's really just Cates that decided to have only Storm & Cyclops be knullified off-panel
    Last edited by nandes; 02-05-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree it most probably was editorial messing with how was supposed to be where but I am happy to see Magneto on marauders and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus
    Its nice to see Emma and Mags in that good terms. Both act like having a good time and healing.

Also that speech is so Erik in good mode. in the end Mags and Emma learn form all the things that happen to them in all this 13 years of Marvel continuity.
    Itīs great to see them developing their friendship and seeing them in a good mood even during a crisis.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-05-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022