Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Shalla Bal
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

First, I want to thank everyone for participating in my contest. When I chose this theme, I had no idea about the diversity of covers that would be posted. You people really put your thinking caps on this week, and you came up with some amazing entries. The covers ranged from the mundane (after all, it's drinking coffee!) to the panoramic to the poignant to the dramatic to the simply attractive. However, I shall vote instead for the Dada-esque...

Rob Allen, since now I totally want to get my hands on that Bunny comic and read it.

I expect to be sleeping soundly when the voting in this contest concludes, so if someone is awake and eager to announce the winner, feel free to do so. If not, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yea, This Week has been Pretty Incredible, Never New a Hot Cup of Java or Tea was SO Popular on Comic Covers! Learn something new everyday ideed.

After Going threw SO Many Good Covers and I can't stress that enough this was an amazing week(sorry for going so long on this but it was an impressive week just had to say something lol), I vote for;

WestPhillyPunisher!

Honestly that cover of Betty with her smile & the java is just too Adorable , Very Nice choice, your fandom for Archie serves you well WestPhillyPunisher!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Riv86672 Almost forgot to vote again! Tough week to pick just one.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Zelena for me.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: Attila Kiss, Iron Maiden, K7P5V, Kirby101, Lord Mikel, MRP, Scott Taylor
    2 votes each: Rob Allen, Tami, WestPhillyPunisher, Zelena
    3 votes each: Shalla Bal
    4 votes each: Riv86672

and our winner in a runaway with EIGHT votes----CJStriker!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations, CJStriker!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Riv86672 that is such a strong design and drawing by Quesada.
    And it references the silver age Coffee Bean, where the cool kids hung out.

^^^thats pretty cool Kirby101; What a great deep pull on your part!
    Thanks to you [Gilligan theme song]and the rest[/Gilligan theme song] for your votes this week.

Congratulations to CJStriker!

And thanks to Scott Taylor for the one vote! You really made my day!

Also, thanks to LordMikel for the honorable mention! It really means a lot! (T^T)

Talking Thank You All!!!

I am Just Blown Away Everybody, Literally I am this was an Amazing week and that is saying allot for how good we always usally bring it. So to win and to do this well in such an Amazing Week with this Great Theme, Thank you all for this many Votes, it is Really an Honor!

To all the other Covers Amazing, Amazing Job, you made it hard on who to vote for this week, This is always allot of fun to be apart of.

I will have the next contest up shortly, this is only the 2nd time I have won a contest so this means allot to be putting up a new one, Thank You All!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

The New Contest Is Up, Hope you all enjoy!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...27#post5370527

Congratulations, CJStriker!

And thanks to Ravin Ray and CaptainEurope for the vote! And to Lord Mikel for the honorable mention… That was unexpected!

If I may add something: I like very much the Hopperian cover posted by Kirby101 too…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Well done, CJStriker, for finding a cover that humanized a villain by showing that he, too, sits at the breakfast table and sips his coffee. And how appropriate it is that this entry got EIGHT votes!!!

Once again, I want to thank everyone who participated and express my astonishment at what an amazing job you all did. Now. pour yourselves a cuppa of your favorite blend and toast yourselves and one another for finding all these incredible covers!

Thanks for the great topic seismic-2

Congrats CJ Striker!

And thank you for the votes Surf, Englehart and ChadH!

Congrats to CJ for an actual landslide victory (as opposed to one in the demented head of an ex-President)
    Thanks to nx01a for the vote.
    And still love that cover Riv.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Also, I like that Riv's cover Amazing Spider-Man #563 references that the Coffee Bean was "established since 1962" (referring of course to when Spidey first appeared in Amazing Adult Fantasy #15)... even though in the actual ASM comic, the Coffee Bean didn't show up until ASM #53 in 1967 (the page Kirby101 posted, with that great Romita-Esposito art). But okay, the "1962" means that the Coffee Bean had been around for awhile, and before Peter and his pals were in college.

Another Marvel Silver Age coffee hang-out was over in the X-Men comic, the Coffee A-Go Go, first shown in 1964 (X-Men #7).
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 02-10-2021 at 06:51 AM.